Josh Schache up for trade (gone to the Dogs)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Honestly, listening to Walsh on the pies site we are not interested in Schace at all. Certainly not for pick 6 or anything serious from our end.
I'd suggest the only way he ends up with us is that Brisbane end up desperate to offload him and we get him for nothing.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Seems to me like everyone (including us) is waiting to see where his value will be set, hoping the less interest they show the lower it will be.

That's unless he has serious issues and interest has completely tanked. I doubt this.
Well done boys!
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

MJ23 wrote:Honestly, listening to Walsh on the pies site we are not interested in Schace at all. Certainly not for pick 6 or anything serious from our end.
I'd suggest the only way he ends up with us is that Brisbane end up desperate to offload him and we get him for nothing.
Yep, seemed fairly clear to me. We can pretty much rule Schacke out at this stage
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Last edited by Damien on Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

We may not get him and the club has made it clear we are not actively seeking him, but I still feel the club will make a late stab at him for the right price - which would have to involve a semi decent player of sorts - the thing is that if we can got him (at the right price) his 'potential' upsides, and specifically for our side could be pretty high, it would be also a great addition for the long term for Moore in combo imo.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
droversdog65

Post by droversdog65 »

E

Post by E »

i heard he is likely going to the doggies. Not a scoop. i think i read it on the AFL site.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

E wrote:i heard he is likely going to the doggies. Not a scoop. i think i read it on the AFL site.
Cloke will be in the Magoos then. :P
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Mick McGuane's comments were interesting.
TAC zone rules made him look better than he was. His observation is the Schache is scared of the contest. He took 2 contested marks in 10 games last year.

Cant help but think there is more to his problems than what is in the public and what is out there is concerning.

I think that the club knows full well what is going on and are not prepared for the risk. I do hope they have a plan re our talls for next year though.
Michael Jordan
MightyMagpie

Post by MightyMagpie »

MJ23 wrote:Mick McGuane's comments were interesting.
TAC zone rules made him look better than he was. His observation is the Schache is scared of the contest. He took 2 contested marks in 10 games last year.

Cant help but think there is more to his problems than what is in the public and what is out there is concerning.

I think that the club knows full well what is going on and are not prepared for the risk. I do hope they have a plan re our talls for next year though.
Saw that. I found it interesting to contrast with the Champion Data guy on Trade Radio yesterday who was going through KPP and their player rating points prior to draft.

When did the TAC zone rules come in?
All We Can Be
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

MightyMagpie wrote:

Saw that. I found it interesting to contrast with the Champion Data guy on Trade Radio yesterday who was going through KPP and their player rating points prior to draft.

I beleive its been in the last two seasons. there was also talk of a trial in in the pre-season competition and St Kilda were doing some work at training with the afl on it.
Michael Jordan
MightyMagpie

Post by MightyMagpie »

MJ23 wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

I beleive its been in the last two seasons. there was also talk of a trial in in the pre-season competition and St Kilda were doing some work at training with the afl on it.
Hasn't Schache been on Brisbane's list the last 2 years?
All We Can Be
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

His appeal to the Bulldogs is no doubt heightened by the lack of impact former Magpie Travis Cloke had in his first season at the Kennel this year.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

I fluctuate hourly on whether I want Schache or not.

He must have been No.2 for a reason?

Surely clubs would have known his contested mark stats when he went at No.2?

What is his positive side?
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.