Josh Schache up for trade (gone to the Dogs)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Pies2016 »

magpieazza wrote:I fluctuate hourly on whether I want Schache or not.

He must have been No.2 for a reason?

Surely clubs would have known his contested mark stats when he went at No.2?

What is his positive side?
Everybody in the know ( TAC industry people ) all said there was Weitering and then daylight as far as quality KPPs in that draft. When they played on each other, Schache never got a touch. The issue was more about whether Weitering was that good or was Schache just not real flash.
Some say Brisbane took him higher than his true draft position because they were worried about player retention and that the romance of his dad playing there, would hopefully be enough for him to stay the journey.

In other words, there is a fair argument to say ( partic with a bit of hindsight ) that he should never have been pick 2 in the first place.
He never got a lot of the ball in TAC but he was always a lovely kick at goal ( something which has deserted him in the seniors ) so his name was always amongst the leading goal kickers.
Im just not sure if he has the appetite for the contest. The rigours and demands of the AFL aren't for everyone. You need to be more than just talented these days.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

MightyMagpie wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote: Saw that. I found it interesting to contrast with the Champion Data guy on Trade Radio yesterday who was going through KPP and their player rating points prior to draft.

When did the TAC zone rules come in?
I beleive its been in the last two seasons. there was also talk of a trial in in the pre-season competition and St Kilda were doing some work at training with the afl on it.
Hasn't Schache been on Brisbane's list the last 2 years?
Your right
Just found an article where it was introduced as a trial in 2014 season. Id suggest it stayed.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Pies2016 wrote:
magpieazza wrote:I fluctuate hourly on whether I want Schache or not.

He must have been No.2 for a reason?

Surely clubs would have known his contested mark stats when he went at No.2?

What is his positive side?
Everybody in the know ( TAC industry people ) all said there was Weitering and then daylight as far as quality KPPs in that draft. When they played on each other, Schache never got a touch. The issue was more about whether Weitering was that good or was Schache just not real flash.
Some say Brisbane took him higher than his true draft position because they were worried about player retention and that the romance of his dad playing there, would hopefully be enough for him to stay the journey.

In other words, there is a fair argument to say ( partic with a bit of hindsight ) that he should never have been pick 2 in the first place.
He never got a lot of the ball in TAC but he was always a lovely kick at goal ( something which has deserted him in the seniors ) so his name was always amongst the leading goal kickers.
Im just not sure if he has the appetite for the contest. The rigours and demands of the AFL aren't for everyone. You need to be more than just talented these days.
Thankyou for your response P2016, it makes it clearer for me now and yes talent is only part of the whole equation in making it at elite level.

Probably worth a shot for a second or third rounder but seems like Collingwood are not wanting below par players, hence the Schade and Keeffe departures.

Thanx mate.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

After listening to McGuanes assessment, really do not want the kid.

Basically likes it soft is the impression I got. Not physical enough for a key forward.

If you don't have mongrel, not sure that it can be taught.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Does anybody seriously think that those c&nting Lions would have made the same deal for us, as they just did with Footscray for Schache?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

piedys wrote:Does anybody seriously think that those c&nting Lions would have made the same deal for us, as they just did with Footscray for Schache?
Probably Dyso. Seems they wanted to offload him as much as nobody else wanted him. The dogs had to salvage something after getting jack for Stringer.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

When Footscrap got T Cloke, they thought they got a powerhouse. This time, bet they have got a lemon in Schache. I would trust McGuanes assessment to be more accurate than armchair experts'.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

I agree. Like who, specifically?
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Dogs Get Him Cheap and we don't even make a Effort = Pathetic
I am Da Man
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

Dave The Man wrote:Dogs Get Him Cheap and we don't even make a Effort = Pathetic
If what is discussed above is true, why would we want to recruit another talented players that has not bottle.

When the going gets tough this type of player goes missing and there is not such thing as a soft grans final.
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I heard an interesting comment on the radio today which I wish I could take credit for.
Schache probably needs close to two years of good footy in the VFL ( tougher than the NEAFL ) before he is probably ready to be an automatic selection in a decent AFL team every week.
That's a long time to wait only to learn that the kid still MAY not be good enough.
The fact that the Bulldogs got him for a perceived bargain, suggests that was really only what 8 other Vic clubs thought he was really worth.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

HAL
Been liked: 3 times