Post-Match: Pies lose to Giants - All comments

The home for conversation about our AFLW team - the best women's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

2018 Season is Over

Post by Dave The Man »

They be Lucky to win a game this Year.

Melbourne Womens Team will beat them by at Least 10 Goals.

Thankfully the JLT Series Starts Next Weekend so I can watch that instead of Women's
I am Da Man
MagpieBat

Post-Match: Pies lose to Giants - All comments

Post by MagpieBat »

Full Time.

Collingwood 5.5.35
GWS 7.6.48

GOALS - Hope 2, Duffin, Chiocci, Bonnici

Disposals - Lambert 19, Bonnici 17, Molloy 14, Chiocci 12, Edwards 12, Grant 12, Hutchins 11

Over to you...
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Sack Siekman
I am Da Man
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Coach can't control poor decision making on the filed.
Once again, lack of composure cost the game.

Choosing the wrong option and holding the ball up at times when quick movement was required to get the opposition on the back foot.

Girls showed glimpses of what they can do when they moved the ball and ran hard to space bit unfortunately it was not consistent enough.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Dark Beanie
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

JLT is just a praccy match and just a bit better than ALFX circle work.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

It's basically the same story as the other games we played this season. We don't have the mids to compete at this level. GWS had twice as many inside fifties as us. That tells us that they could have doubled our score with the same number of scoring opportunities. The fact they didn't do this indicates that we defended well. However if you can't win the ball you won't win. We aren't playing our best team out on the field, so when we get a few of our injured players back we should do better. But, our woes are largely self inflicted when you lose your top two players in your best and fairest and we have only ourselves to blame for that.
Bucks5
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Bucks5 »

Why do start well then fade? Seems to happen a lot.
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
Vexillology

Post by Vexillology »

Not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Crowd about right for the venue. Got an OK latte without too much of a wait. See-sawing game. Plenty of highlights. Wrong result.

Highlights - Hope with the outside of the foot, Bonnici getting a few kicks, Bernardi has improved from last year, Molloy, Duffin.

Lowlights - Hope again, trying unsuccessfully to pass when she shoulda had a ping, allowing McWilliams to take a huge pack mark, Eva (more below). Morgan (I think) in a bit of strife for spreading Staunton's nose all over the place. She was trying to protect herself from the runaway train that is Cora Staunton but you just can't do it that way anymore.

Double extra lowlight - Heath Shaw on the Giants' bench. Can we convince the Giants to take De Goey and give us Heath back for a season? Heath's job is keeping the Giants' bench calm and focussed. Seriously.

Alicia Eva: IMO Eva didn;t leave through any disgruntlement. It was about career. She wants to coach and the Giants/AFLNSW could offer her a full time job (u/18 girls footy in NSW-ACT) a car and apart in developing a new club. Clearly, we could not match that. I'd be interested to know if we tried.

Hope: Many great footballers are best coached with these few words, perhaps with some colour added, "Grab it and do the first thing that comes into your head." Mo is such a footballer. Anything more complex is asking for disaster. This is what I believe has happened to Mo. Too much game plan, structures, rotations, KPIs etc and not enough instinctive football. Quite sad to watch.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

With Mo, she's an instinctive footballer who hasn't adjusted to this level of football. She doesn't find space in this competition and always has one or two opponents sitting on her when the ball comes down to her. Even the best forward in Australia in Buddy Franklin, manages to find space with all the opposition around him. Kicking a miraculous goal doesn't redeem her to me, because our forward line is disfunctional with her there. In her favour, the ball isn't coming down to her with any speed because our midfield is being beaten.

The answer might be to play Mo in the backline until she adjusts to the pace of the game of AFLW. Starting Molloy in attack was an obvious mistake.