#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by stui magpie »

RudeBoy wrote:I suspect he'll get a 2 match suspension, imposed by the 'leadership group'. I hope it's just a fine and community service, but reckon he'll be in the stands for the first couple of weeks. He wouldn't be the first great player who is also a dickhead. Let's hope he wakes up to himself before the club loses patience and cuts him loose.
Fine him, tell him he's playing VFL for the first 2 rounds if we have to be punative but I'd rather for punishment put him through a solo training session with his team mates watching. Make him run til he pukes and he only gets to stop when his team mates call time.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

c'mon, who didn't think it wasn't going to be this Muppet for our preseason **** up head line.
how our club cant see that he's a boof head with an attitude that cannot make any sensible decisions in social life is mind boggling.
he's a dumb individual. work with him and set him right.
no second chances
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

What's that got to do with Maxy remember the time as captain he suggested they get breathalyzers for everyone and the others shot him down ? ". "
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

simon tonna wrote:c'mon, who didn't think it wasn't going to be this Muppet for our preseason **** up head line.
how our club cant see that he's a boof head with an attitude that cannot make any sensible decisions in social life is mind boggling.
he's a dumb individual. work with him and set him right.
100% right. He's dumb. I bet you he was shithouse at school and was a little schmuck!!

lets hope GC are stupid enough to take him at years end.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
BazBoy
Been liked: 31 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

September Zeros

Post by September Zeros »

No Pressure, No Diamonds

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Albert Parker

Post by Albert Parker »

Skids wrote:
Culprit wrote:I don't consider it a serious enough offence to sack someone (lying to the club is). He fckd up and he is lucky he didn't have a car accident or kill someone. Reality is he won't be the last person done for .05. Under New Vic laws he will have to have an interlock device fitted when he get's his licence back. He cops a bigger penalty than you and I as he is in the spotlight.
Exactly Culprit!

I got done for 0.074 last year, felt fine. $600 and 4 points (1st offence in WA you don't lose it unless over 0.08 ).
Well points for honesty perhaps, but you're as silly a fool as he is. No place for people with that level of alcohol in their system on the roads.

Be more responsible - get an Uber, get someone else to drive, but get off the road when you've been drinking. Find some judgement and some self control.

JDG is a stupid, arrogant kid. Must be on his last chance now. He shows talent, but not enough to be pulling these sorts of mistakes.
One team, one dream - the Pies and this year's premiership
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

I guess if any of our players was going to get done for being drunk behind the wheel then it would have to be this idiot. I see no reason why we should persevere with someone who has the mental development of a 3 year old and a penchant for f***ing up. This sort of behaviour serves as nothing more than a big eff you to all of us. De list the flog. Clearly takes his position as an afl footballer for granted and couldn't give a toss about how those decisions impact on the club.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

^^^

And furthermore, let's see how 'cool' the little %$^%$ thinks he is as an unemployed ex footballer with zero other skills to earn his piss money from!!
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Geek

Post by Geek »

Crimson Mask

Post by Crimson Mask »

Maybe we need to do a Shane Strempel on De Goey! :D
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

De Goey has broken the law regarding drink driving, and the authorities are dealing with him. And it should remain as that. He has not let down his team mates, because no one other than Jordan De Goey is responsible for his actions. His drink driving does not, if one is rational in one's judgement, reflect on the club nor the team. Only on himself. Letting the team down would mean that he didn't go in hard enough for the ball, or went missing when the game was on the line. Anyone who expects 21 year old kids to be role models, or impervious to stupid, brazen impulses needs to revisit the conception of being human.
I am not excusing drink driving, I am simply saying that the judicial apparatus will impose the appropriate penalties and that is where it should end.
Lying to the club was of a totally different nature. This impacted directly on the relations between him and the coach, and between him and the players, because trust is the cement that binds the team. Then it was quite right for the club to draw a line in the sand.
But to penalize him for this by suspending him from the game is as inappropriate as it is detrimental to our season.
Just let him know that he has disgraced himself with his off field actions, and he will need to face the shame and public humiliation. That is the fair and just penalty. In the meantime, he will also need to prove to his team mates that on the field he has the necessary courage and team spirit to lay everything on the line for the team. It is De Goey's reaction to this crisis, not the crisis itself, by which we should judge him.
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

im pretty sure a zero strike policy was implemented or enacted in his contract after his little punch up last season.

The problem is, hes a good Quality player. Maybe hes just not mentally up for AFL level football as he came back overweight for pre-season training.

maybe he can be part of a deal to go to the gold coast and get drunk and snort coke up there, in exchange for Lynch :)