#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

So he might not get Suspended for any games.

So how we go will Decide how long he is Suspend For
I am Da Man
think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

PyreneesPie wrote:I reckon "Well said" Magpietothemax and Mason Cox.

One of the senior officers in the Traffic department of the police (whatever that's called) was on Triple M this morning. Even though he stated he not a Collingwood supporter, his general opinion was that JDG's case has been blown out of all proportion by the media. He said there have been far more well known figures who have been done for DUI and he finds it hard to understand the hysteria around JDG.
He pointed out that the sanctions that will be handed down by the law will be quite severe - no license for six months, a fine, then a breathalyzer lock on his car for the next 6 months. He also said having been even mentioned in
the media for it is enough public censure, given there are so many public figures who this doesn't happen to. He found it hard to understand how it warranted back page news.
Of course, we Collingwood supporters know that it's back page news simply because it's Collingwood. We would all be a bit remiss not to remember that.
maybe if he was good boy gone bad, but hes not, hes bad boy lied and is supposed to be making amends. that makes it bigger news.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

mudlark wrote:
Leggie wrote:He screwed up.
Kick his arse.
Fine him.
Suspend him.
Then move on.

Go Pies
SUSPEND him??? Why?So he can screw our entire season like last year and bring him back when it's all over rover? Hit him on the head, hard,fine him,LOT'S and put him on a first and final.Screw up again and you're gone from the club.Collingwood cut their nose off to spite their face last year and people laughed out loud at how stupid we were for "Upholding our moral values"??? while all the other clubs stars were given the the rap on the knuckles and a fine.Any talk of suspension is ludicrous and would show how stupid we actually are,nowt the way we are perceived.
actually i like what the club as done here - in times where he might have got the nod if it was 50/50, he now wont, and in light of goldsack saying hes not as fit as he should be, i reckon hes really going to have to wake up to himself. well done pies
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Quick comments on the outcome:

They do seem to have sought to minimize the negative effect on the team and club.

JDG's manager, if he's any good, put a lot of this on the table himself to try to head off a worse outcome for his client.

For example, the charity donation idea must have come from JDG's manager. This proposal clearly indicates the AFLPA-negotiated maximum allowed penalty for a repeat offence is $10k, although $20k would have been more appropriate.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

K wrote:" A fine of $10,000. Jordan has also offered to make a further $10,000 donation to a charity, a gesture the club acknowledges and supports. "

Can we vote on which charity it should be?
The charity has been decided upon already K
It's the send qldmagpie to the Bahamas for a holiday charity
Very worthy cause maybe the club could toss in another $10k for spending money !!
K

Post by K »

qldmagpie67 wrote:
K wrote:" A fine of $10,000. Jordan has also offered to make a further $10,000 donation to a charity, a gesture the club acknowledges and supports. "

Very worthy cause maybe the club could toss in another $10k for spending money !!
Surely, I am both more needy and more deserving than you, QM67?
Or are you taking me with you, in the place of beloved MIL?
qldmagpie67

Post by qldmagpie67 »

qldmagpie67

Post by qldmagpie67 »

K wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Surely, I am both more needy and more deserving than you, QM67?
Or are you taking me with you, in the place of beloved MIL?
Lol the MIL has been safely deposited just outside the shark nets up here for swimming lessons with a couple of juicy blood rare steaks strapped to her waist !
K

Post by K »

qldmagpie67 wrote:...
Lol the MIL has been safely deposited just outside the shark nets up here for swimming lessons with a couple of juicy blood rare steaks strapped to her waist !
I thought that was one of JDG's penalties.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I like the no drink rule, getting a job and doing charitable work. I guess even the fine was to be expected. However, an indefinite suspension seems way over the top to me, unless, as is probably likely, there's been a whole lot happening with JDG which we are not aware of.

The bottom line is the decision to suspend him will weaken our team in the opening rounds of the season, so I'm rather disappointed in that. If it leads to the kid finally growing up, then we may look back and say the club handled the situation well. Time will tell.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

RudeBoy wrote:I like the no drink rule, getting a job and doing charitable work. I guess even the fine was to be expected. However, an indefinite suspension seems way over the top to me, unless, as is probably likely, there's been a whole lot happening with JDG which we are not aware of.

The bottom line is the decision to suspend him will weaken our team in the opening rounds of the season, so I'm rather disappointed in that. If it leads to the kid finally growing up, then we may look back and say the club handled the situation well. Time will tell.
This is great for someone like Aish who is on the edge of selection and only needs a break or two to show his class and establish himself in the team. As they say, one man's misfortune is another man's opportunity. Who needs De Goey anyway? He's irrelevant until he decides to pull his head in.
K

Post by K »

RudeBoy wrote:I like the no drink rule, getting a job and doing charitable work. I guess even the fine was to be expected. However, an indefinite suspension seems way over the top to me, ...
Over the top compared with what? He was staring at a 6-week suspension. This gives the club the flexibility to make it much less (or more), if that's what's deemed appropriate.
Last edited by K on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

The indefinite ban is absolute crap. As result both the club and the fans are penalised by fielding a weaker team each week. It is called cutting of your nose to spite your face.
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
K

Post by K »

think positive wrote: lets also not forget that he is still on his P plates, ..., and for all those saying hes only .04 over the limit, no hes not, hes .09 over the limit. P platers have to be 0.00
A good point. It's more like a full-licence driver recording 0.15, which would basically be three times the limit.
think positive

Post by think positive »