#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Member 7167 wrote:The indefinite ban is absolute crap. As result both the club and the fans are penalised by fielding a weaker team each week. It is called cutting of your nose to spite your face.
Indefinite gives us leeway unlike a set in stone period and how long or short it is will be up to Jordan now.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
BazBoy
Been liked: 31 times

Post by BazBoy »

Several aspects of the corrective reprimand "and club will monitor "

So some one who would have more important things like getting on with a successful AFL season has to find time to be "den mother" to this young man

Will it be our Director of Culture to handle this task
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Woods

Post by Woods »

BazBoy wrote:Several aspects of the corrective reprimand "and club will monitor "

So some one who would have more important things like getting on with a successful AFL season has to find time to be "den mother" to this young man

Will it be our Director of Culture to handle this task
Could always ask Swanny to hangout with De Goey on behalf of the club. What could go wrong.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

Pray to god he gets a few kicks this year and then piss him off to whoever is stupid enough to take him!

Have a look at the photo, he's a smug little prick wanting to be a tough guy.

One day, while out acting cool with his mates, someone will smack him. Hopefully by then he's no longer a Pie.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Member 7167 wrote:The indefinite ban is absolute crap. As result both the club and the fans are penalised by fielding a weaker team each week. It is called cutting of your nose to spite your face.
Agree with this completely. The getting a job, working with a charity - all good, as hopefully he will get a whack with the reality stick and realize that it's not bad being an AFL player.

The indefinite suspension though is illogical to me. With something as nebulous as that, there is no finish line and gives him little incentive to work his hardest. Bloody stupid as it affects the quality of the team we field as well.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

Beware the swooping Magpie.
Duff Soviet Union
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Duff Soviet Union »

"We ain't gotta dream no more"
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Heard that about his not being popular and that was before "the broken hand"
incident
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

The footy world loved Swanny
think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:reading between the lines, once you take in all the different media quotes from all parties, it seems clear to me that the club has had concerns about his off field behaviour and commitment to footy for a while, and not just the incident 12 months ago.

This indiscretion gives them the opportunity to jump on him, hard, and he has no come back.

Hopefully this is the making of him. He's only 21, but he's in a business where you either grow up quickly or you're gone
100% to all of it
stui magpie wrote:
For a 21 year old athlete I'm not seeing a lot of muscle definition there
i cant believe i didnt notice, shit im slipping, bugger
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

It's funny how different sports handle things.

When I'm not following the Pies I'm a great fan of Liverpool in the EPL. Before the current season began, one of their best players, Roberto Firmino, got busted for drink driving. It was dealt with by the police and courts, but his club Liverpool did not publicly impose any penalty or comment much on it at all.

I strongly suspect that the knee jerk overreactions from our club over incidents like this one, are indicative of a club which is suffering a degree of insecurity. It seems to me that our pre-occupation with how it will be received in the media, indicates to me we are led by people who forget we are a football club first and foremost, and a brand or franchise second or third.

Getting JDG to go off all booze, get a job and do community service should have been the end of it. FFS, the kid needs support and mentoring not marginalising and demonising.

We are a media slut club, way too interested in the opinions of pisshead journos.

Seriously, I'm not even interested in the start of the season now - as we have just shot ourselves in the foot.
think positive

Post by think positive »

think positive

Post by think positive »

RudeBoy wrote:It's funny how different sports handle things.

When I'm not following the Pies I'm a great fan of Liverpool in the EPL. Before the current season began, one of their best players, Roberto Firmino, got busted for drink driving. It was dealt with by the police and courts, but his club Liverpool did not publicly impose any penalty or comment much on it at all.

I strongly suspect that the knee jerk overreactions from our club over incidents like this one, are indicative of a club which is suffering a degree of insecurity. It seems to me that our pre-occupation with how it will be received in the media, indicates to me we are led by people who forget we are a football club first and foremost, and a brand or franchise second or third.

Getting JDG to go off all booze, get a job and do community service should have been the end of it. FFS, the kid needs support and mentoring not marginalising and demonising.

We are a media slut club, way too interested in the opinions of pisshead journos.

Seriously, I'm not even interested in the start of the season now - as we have just shot ourselves in the foot.
so basically you dont think he has the balls to dig deep and make a stand, and get there for round 1?