Ash Brazill's Hamstring

The home for conversation about our AFLW team - the best women's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

Vexillology

Ash Brazill's Hamstring

Post by Vexillology »

What is going on with Ash? The only thing I can find on the club website is the announcement on 30 January that she had "hamstring tightness" and had made herself unavailable for Round 1.

Generally, "hamstring tightness" means no tear and would be a 1 -2 weeker.

It is now a month and with no weekly injury updates for the AFLW players it would be nice to know if there is any chance she will play at all.

With the netball season not far off, I would think it is becoming less likely with every passing day. And Kristy K-B could be forgiven for demanding her back in the netball program full time.

Based on what I saw in the practice match and at training, I was really looking forward to seeing her across half back - she looked to me to have a great left foot, heaps of aggression, great reflexes and lighting hands.

Even if she can get fit, at this stage of the season and in the position we're in, you'd have to wonder about the wisdom of selecting her in front of a younger long term prospect such as Ruby Schleicher.

Sadly, we may not see her at all, at least not until she retires from netball.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome