Vale / in Memorium

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Donny »

London Dave was referring to previous posts which I have deleted. Other posts in this thread have been edited slightly.

I do understand people's anger and deep sense of loss but can we please just pay tribute to Hookesy and express our condolences, at this early stage.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Joel

Post by Joel »

Rest in Peace Hookesy. What a sad, sad day. Condolences to the family.

Post by AGE »

For some reason I'm finding this really hard to take. I'm not sitting here crying or sobbing for him, but I am just filled with anger, maybe it's just the surreal nature of it.

Like someone said on the radio before "I didn't know him, but we all knew him".

RIP Hookes.
TaZ_LuVs_EmIn3m

Post by TaZ_LuVs_EmIn3m »

RIP Hookes.....

wateva the man charged over this wont be enough to punishment for wat a family and friends and fans over the country have gone through!!
*~Luv Always Tara~*
nato nero e bianco
dado nero e bianco!!
Interesting more Sinkers than Floaters....
London Dave

Post by London Dave »

Dale61 wrote:
I wonder if his passport has been handed over to the authorities!
It's a standard condition of bail Dale. Justice, not vengeance, will be served.
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

It is a very sad day we have lost a bloke who was a bloke, there was no crap with hooksy at times he would drive us up the wall with some of his collingwood stuff but we appreciated it more from him because of who he was yet he wasnt spiteful or vindictive if he thought you were a dickhead he'd call you one thats what i loved about him he was a mans man.
And let me tell you the guy was a champion cricketer, the world will be a sorrier place without guys like him he was from the old school and boys from the old school never die ;)
We're gonna miss him on 3aw and cricket in general will miss him tenfold.
What a tragedy it shouldnt suprise us that violence and thuggery have become a part of what we've all become only last week our champion boxer jeff fenech was attacked in sydney and could have been killed very easily. The world has become a shockingly violent place and one wonders where will it all end.
RIP champion you've earnt it.
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

Well as far as im concerned if the baboon who punched him and caused him to fall into a coma and then he dies well to me thats murder ...

As stated in a previous post....
MAGFAN8 wrote:
I do understand people's anger and deep sense of loss but can we please just pay tribute to Hookesy and express our condolences, at this early stage.

This post has been edited a teensy weensy little bit. If you'd like to start another thread on the merits or defeciencies of the Victorian legal system as you see it Joff, I suggest you try the Vic Park Tavern

LD
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Very sad day. Hooksey was a real hero to me when I played cricket. He was a star. Never met him but a close mate who knew him well says he was a top bloke, well respected.
BTW, agree with every word you wrote Joffa.

Rest in Peace you awesome legend, Hooksey.

MAGFAN8 wrote:

This post has been edited a teensy weensy little bit. If you'd like to start another thread on the merits or defeciencies of the Victorian legal system as you see it Lazza, I suggest you try the Vic Park Tavern
LD
Hanskies

Post by Hanskies »

Absolute tragedy. Such a waste

Deepest Sympathies go to the family.

R.I.P
tazza2000

Post by tazza2000 »

Condolences to the hooks family and to the entire sporting community on losing someone like david.

Never afraid to speak his mind and stick up for his mates which is a trait missing in today's society

R.I.P

Hope to see the Bushrangers go on to win the ING/Pura Cup in 03/04 in his honor.
Magpie_Dan

Post by Magpie_Dan »

R.I.P David Hookes!!!!

MAGFAN8 wrote:I do understand people's anger and deep sense of loss but can we please just pay tribute to Hookesy and express our condolences, at this early stage.

This post has been edited a teensy weensy little bit. If you'd like to start another thread on the merits or defeciencies of the Victorian legal system as you see it Daniel, I suggest you try here

LD
PAUL MEDHURST'S #1 FAN
NATHAN BUCKLEY- 280 Games 284 Goals
Bucks You Are THE KING

AT COLLINGWOOD, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
London Dave

Post by London Dave »

See you in the Tavern, mine a pint of Guinness thanks!
MargOZ

Post by MargOZ »

Condolences to the family and close friends of the Hookes family. It's such a tragedy to lose anyone in this way and even though I've never met David Hookes it's still devestating to lose a sporting idol who was still in the prime of his life. R.I.P. Hookesy.

Marg
clokeysneighbour

A Very Tragic Loss

Post by clokeysneighbour »

TO the HOOKES FAMILY, the ACB, VCA, SACA, 3AW, FOX SPORTS (and any one else who ive missed out) who knew David both professionally and personally.

How sad that you played your last test match when Steve Waugh played his first!

Your memory will live on hopefully in the form of say a charity match every year between your beloved South Australia and Your Adopted Victoria

R.I.P DAVID

FROM THE COLLINGWOOD FAMILY

Side by side we stick together!!!
Blanch

Post by Blanch »

I still can't believe it. I'm just shattered. Hooksy was my early idol along with Wayne Phillips - yeah I'm left handed.

RIP mate...couldn't stand your commentary but it was all in fun and you did your job perfectly.

My thoughts are with the Hookes family. My god this is such a shame.
My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).