Brisbane vs Collingwood Round 7 May 6th 2018

For all the Queensland Magpies.

Moderators: rez_83, Northern Pie

LaurieHolden
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 134 times

Brisbane vs Collingwood Round 7 May 6th 2018

Post by LaurieHolden »

Righto, those that haven't experienced an interstate trip or a Brisbane / Lions game have no excuse this year.
Fly up Saturday, enjoy a bit of sunshine, acclimatise in any number of the Brisbane CBD bars or restaurants along the river then settle in to watch the Eagles Port game later that afternoon.
Dust yourself off in the morning, then graze into the Morrison for a steak around midday.

(no doubt the club will have a function on pre-game so it might take place of the lunch but I'll let those in the know see what is planned)

Post the game, wander over to the German Club for a couple of jars. If you haven't experienced the German Club, the pork knuckle and carry-on that occurs in the beer hall post a game is what it was like at Jims Greek Tavern post a win at Vic Park.

And the good thing? It's a public holiday the next day. Jetstar flights have for $146 each way.

I'll guarantee you'll go back to Melbourne with plenty of stories to tell post an away game in Brisbane watching the Pies.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
foreigner

Post by foreigner »

I am planning to attend this year for the first time and bring our daughter too. Is there any specific area the Pies supporters will stay? Let me know before I book tickets.
Pies Forever