More states legalize Pot 8) when for Oz?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

When will it be legal here?

Within 2 years
19%
2-5 years
13%
6-10 years
6%
11-20 years
31%
It'll never happen
31%

Total votes: 16

Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

K wrote:Recently (some time in the last few years), I had reason to wonder about the effects of passive pot smoking. From memory, I did not find as much information as I would have liked, but it seemed that passive smoking could have a significant effect if it occurred in a rather small enclosed space.

Does anyone have any relevant experiences? Have you passively smoked and felt anything? Would you feel comfortable smoking near, say, children?
Never.

I smoked ciggys until 11 years ago. None of my daughters (27, 21 & 18 ) ever even saw me smoke a cigarette or anything else, let alone one near them.
Wouldn't dream of smoking anything if there were kids around.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

Don't count the days, make the days count.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

think positive

Post by think positive »

Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

New York has improved out of sight overall in terms of safety and declining crime rates.

I'd argue it's safer than Melbourne, which is hard to believe compared to 20 or 30 years ago.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
K

Post by K »

I think it strongly depends on where you are. There are good areas and there are bad areas. The bad areas are probably very bad.
But I don't think there's any correlation between that and smoking laws or pot laws.
think positive

Post by think positive »

K wrote:I think it strongly depends on where you are. There are good areas and there are bad areas. The bad areas are probably very bad.
But I don't think there's any correlation between that and smoking laws or pot laws.
tru dat! we did tend to stick to the tourist or crowded areas! we took the bus through Harlem etc! but even so, its not as dark and dreary as i expected it to be. And it was way better than the area we stayed in a couple of miles from the white house! and just outside Boston! THAT was like the movies!!
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Daytime bus tours are on thing.

I took the Frisco tour that went through the tenderloin. Very different prospect walking through there at night by yourself.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Daytime bus tours are on thing.

I took the Frisco tour that went through the tenderloin. Very different prospect walking through there at night by yourself.
true, not many places id do that here either though! in New york me and junior went shopping up to midnight on our own, but we were right in the shopping part, next door to victoria secret, and H&M etc. I also walked around Miami at night looking for flu drugs for Nikki at about 11pm, no worries, but im very careful! where we stayed in Washington, it was a university (for deaf people, thats a funny story right there, hubbys face was hysterical, i didnt tell him and even the gate guy was deaf!!) i would not have walked out the front gate even in daylight, and trip advisor tells you not to, and it was literally less than 2 miles to the white house!
K

Post by K »

It's strange how there can be sharp boundaries between good and bad areas. One street may be perfectly fine, and the parallel street a 30s walk away is seedy.
think positive

Post by think positive »

K wrote:It's strange how there can be sharp boundaries between good and bad areas. One street may be perfectly fine, and the parallel street a 30s walk away is seedy.
Even the side of the street! In Boston we were next to a massive upmarket hospital, nice hotel, nice restaurants next door, there was a maccas diagonally across the street, we walked over there, and saw a cop car scream to a halt next to some teens? In bandanas, I didnt watch what happened, I was like okay we are catching a taxi back across the road! They were on the opposite corner late at night, with a few homeless in tents, and yet the side we were on was like Prahran!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

The good bit of Prahran - or the bad bit on the other side of Chapel Street?