#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I don't think anyone doubts De Goey's talent. People take differing views of how tolerant we should be of his "indiscretions".

He has played 2 senior games since he last stuffed up off field. Let's just wait and see how his attitude plays out. At the moment, he's well short of being an "out and out star of the competition", although he certainly has the talent to be one. The question is whether the talent will be realised.
think positive
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Do you often use a computer there?
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

E wrote:
ronrat wrote:No but I am one of "you all all" knock one knock all. You mentioned biundoora, not me. There is no such thinga s a perfect drunk driver. 40 years a social club menber. i Live in Thailand because it is cheaper than giving money to bludgers, tax and other wise. Go to a girlie bar, you might get some of your frustations out.
I don't have any frustrations. I think you might be too judgmental. Maybe people in Australia got a little sick of that. Probably better to be in a country where your tiny bit of money talks so you don't have to. Feels to me like you need to relax a little pal. sad.
I am perfectly relaxed. I just don't feel the need to label everyone which appears you do. Stop watching Channel 9 and and you might learn a bit about the world or even better visit it.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
E

Post by E »

ronrat wrote:
E wrote:
ronrat wrote:No but I am one of "you all all" knock one knock all. You mentioned biundoora, not me. There is no such thinga s a perfect drunk driver. 40 years a social club menber. i Live in Thailand because it is cheaper than giving money to bludgers, tax and other wise. Go to a girlie bar, you might get some of your frustations out.
I don't have any frustrations. I think you might be too judgmental. Maybe people in Australia got a little sick of that. Probably better to be in a country where your tiny bit of money talks so you don't have to. Feels to me like you need to relax a little pal. sad.
I am perfectly relaxed. I just don't feel the need to label everyone which appears you do. Stop watching Channel 9 and and you might learn a bit about the world or even better visit it.
Too funny. You claim you don't label everyone and then you label me as someone who hasn't traveled (which itself is laughable).... Hard for old people to become worldly, no matter how much time they spend in Thai brothels.....
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

E wrote:
K wrote:^^^
What other clubs do with their drink-drivers (and their presidency and CEOship, and their pokies) is their own business...

For the record, Hodge record 0.068, which is much lower than 0.095.
And his "punishment" was a victory for expediency over principles. They simply could not face losing his football skills for that final.
RonRat and K. Take note.
E, how does quoting a discussion about Hodge's non-suspension by the Hawks have anything to do with your claims?

The majority of discussion in this thread centred on whether our club was justified in handing out its penalties (which had nothing to do with delisting, and, as some tried to point out in vain, did not necessarily mean missing any games).
K

Post by K »

E wrote:
K wrote:
Jezza wrote:"I won't let you down" - Jordan De Goey on the day he was drafted.

I worry about the direction he's heading in. ...
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2 ... onal-draft

At around 2:05.

I'm not worried about where he's heading. I'm worried about where he's already arrived.
RonRat and K. Take note.
This quoted comment chain has nothing to do with delisting either. It doesn't say anything about penalties or list management. The whole chain merely mentions and gives a video link to the broken promise JDG made when he was drafted.
Donny
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 25 times

de Goey or De Goey ?

Post by Donny »

Of the first 14 posts in the GB Medal thread, 11 got his name wrong. 11.

It's de Goey.

Well, I did check the CFC website. Turns out they were wrong.
Last edited by Donny on Mon May 07, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
RudeBoy
Been liked: 76 times

Re: It's de Goey.

Post by RudeBoy »

I'm delighted. :roll:
Clemo

Post by Clemo »

Go Pies !!!!
Donny

Post by Donny »

Fair point, Clemo.

But whomever did that report got it wrong, as well.

I checked his CFC profile:

2. Jordan de Goey

Height: 191 cm

DOB: 15-03-1996

Weight: 91 kg

Debut: 2015

Games: 2018 - 4

Career: 54

AFL site game commentary:

Q4 04:35 - GOAL. Magpies (Jordan de Goey)
Donny.

Jezza
Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 204 times

Post by Jezza »

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/player- ... an-de-goey

If you read his player bio, it says "De Goey" apart from the title which says "de Goey". I understand it's a Dutch surname, so it's likely spelt as 'de Goey' which isn't uncommon.

However, why does it matter how people spell it if we can already understand what everyone means when the name is mentioned.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Donny

Post by Donny »

The AFL site also used De Goey in their summary of the match, so I understand the confusion. :)
Donny.

Donny

Post by Donny »

Happy to be corrected.

I emailed the Club. Will post their reply.

Jezza, It matters to Jordan. Respect.
Donny.

K

Post by K »