More states legalize Pot 8) when for Oz?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

When will it be legal here?

Within 2 years
19%
2-5 years
13%
6-10 years
6%
11-20 years
31%
It'll never happen
31%

Total votes: 16

think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:The good bit of Prahran - or the bad bit on the other side of Chapel Street?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

think positive wrote:...
tru dat! we did tend to stick to the tourist or crowded areas! ... and just outside Boston! THAT was like the movies!!
Where just outside Boston?

The EC subways and subway stations in general are well lit and somehow feel safe even late at night with not many people around. How justified that feeling is I don't know. Of course, you do have to exit at some point, and whether it's safe from the door of the subway station to your destination is another question.
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

think positive wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:The good bit of Prahran - or the bad bit on the other side of Chapel Street?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Went to a wake at the Flying Duck some 20 years ago for the brother of Max Fairchild (aka Skull) who was in Mad max and was also Beau from Beaurepaires . His sister in law put 2000 over the bar in the lounge. A couple of the housos heard about it and suddenly about 6 turned up and tried to claim they were drinking as part of the wake and scoffed a few sangers. Max walked out to the main bar, picked one up and said "I am not having a very good day and you are not helping " then took him outside and threw him into a bush. Never saw the rest again, they were somewhat shit scared and all headed off back to the housing complex.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
K

Post by K »

Err... north is good, south is bad?

Was there any pot at the wake? Or just pots?
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

http://urhealthinfo.com/2018/04/12/colo ... -homeless/

Colorado is Using $3 Million From Marijuana Tax to Provide Food and Housing for the Homeless
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

K wrote:Err... north is good, south is bad?

Was there any pot at the wake? Or just pots?
Just beer but it used to be a popular watering hole for the interns at the Alfred. My GP in Glen Iris said she probably spewed on every tile in the womens toilet. So I dare say there may have been a bit of product around.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

Two more flags before I die!
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

Don't count the days, make the days count.
K

Post by K »

Skids wrote:... I don't know too many people that haven't smoked it, and I can assure you, none of them are the walking zombies with their minds altered ;)
Mugwump wrote: ... I lived in the Hague and the Netherlands for four years and I saw many blown-out hippies, brain damaged and unemployable, and that in a regime where supply is (despite the myths) carefully controlled.
Hmm....
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Some might say the above are examples of a bong-half-full/half-empty approach. ;)

Personally, I reckon the truth lies somewhere in-between. I doubt that the majority of the Dutch hippies in question had had their minds cooked by weed alone, but I also accept that not everyone escapes unscathed.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive

Post by think positive »

K wrote:
think positive wrote:...
tru dat! we did tend to stick to the tourist or crowded areas! ... and just outside Boston! THAT was like the movies!!
Where just outside Boston?

The EC subways and subway stations in general are well lit and somehow feel safe even late at night with not many people around. How justified that feeling is I don't know. Of course, you do have to exit at some point, and whether it's safe from the door of the subway station to your destination is another question.
https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/81 ... 71.0729888

you can see the massive health care and hospital next door, it looked really nice, and fairly new. We decided to try and walk to the circle bus as it was only a mile, and if you look to the right you can see the massive Suffulk county house of corrections!We were walking alongside the back of it, and it was just a wall and windows, no signs but electrical sensors on the grass, and then we saw the sign! thats when i said stuff it, lets go back and call a taxi!

I take it youve spent time there? we only had a day, as hubby decided he wanted to go to Denver for the auctions when id already booked everything, so i had to find a day, and it came from Boston! We had a lovely day there though, (well after we got the taxi!!), did the circle tour, and a harbour cruise which was really awesome. The city is so beautiful and clean. And i just loved all the brownstones, just gorgeous, so many incredible buildings in such good state of repair, it was very impressive.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Culprit wrote:http://urhealthinfo.com/2018/04/12/colorado-is-using-3-milliofrom-marijuana-tax-to-provide-food-and-housing-for-the-homeless/

Colorado is Using $3 Million From Marijuana Tax to Provide Food and Housing for the Homeless
Thats great news, there is certainly plenty in need of help. We drove past a huge refuge, with a really long line out the front, and the cab driver said its always like that, but everyone is just patient`and they just wait their turn, and if you see them on the street they are not pushy like in LA or New York.

I really like Denver, the main street on Saturday night is fantastic, stages and stalls everywhere, lots of free entertainment, its a really nice laid back vibe (smells a bit funny though!!!). Going back there for 3 nights at the end of our trip may/june for Mecum Car auctions, ill have to see if the rockies are playing while we are there, that was a great night!
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

K

Post by K »