"You cannot delete your posts in this forum"

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

"You cannot delete your posts in this forum"

Post by piedys »

Hi Mods,
Bottom right of screen, below the Jump to:/forum selection drop-down, is a list of functions relating to ones posting, and "housekeeping".

I find it odd, that General Discussion forum is programmed so that "You cannot delete your posts in this forum"?
Seeing is this is obviously the most volatile and hostile forum on the website, that the mods would actually discourage us from removing something that was perhaps offensive, and said in the heat of the moment?
Sure we can "edit" our posts to make adjustments [i.e. remove slander!], but aren't you just making hard work for yourselves by denying us the "delete" function? We DO waste a lot of your own time censoring us after all [Gee, ya think Dyso?! :x ]

I noticed we can delete our own posts on the "Other AFL" forum, where a "delete" box [X] appears next to edit function?

I just find it odd that this functionality isn't uniform across all the forums?

Anyhoo, been meaning to ask that question for a while; no biggy...

cheers

Dyso
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Oh! my other reason for requesting it is for when the forum server slows down due to traffic or whatever, and you end up submitting the same post three or fours times!
So much easier to strike "delete" button, than to edit the text, highlite, delete, then type "sorry - DP"
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Nick - Pie Man

Post by Nick - Pie Man »

We still doing that thing where the moderators ignore people's feedback I guess?
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

No. We're still doing the thing where we take said feedback under advisement and we confer amongst ourselves, whereupon we advise the constituency of any change in policy...
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

Ha! Never knew there was a 'jump to' drop down box! Brilliant.

edit: just been playing with it, I love it!
Drop down box also good, much faster :wink:
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Re: "You cannot delete your posts in this forum"

Post by K »

piedys wrote:...
I find it odd, that General Discussion forum is programmed so that "You cannot delete your posts in this forum"?
Sure we can "edit" our posts to make adjustments [i.e. remove slander!], but aren't you just making hard work for yourselves by denying us the "delete" function? We DO waste a lot of your own time censoring us after all [Gee, ya think Dyso?! :x ]
I noticed we can delete our own posts on the "Other AFL" forum, where a "delete" box [X] appears next to edit function?
Speak for yourself, Dyso. :wink:
I must see if you're right about having "delete" capabilities in "Other AFL". I hadn't noticed before.