VFL Finals Eligibility 2018

The home of conversation about our Reserves team - the second best men's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

MagpieBat

VFL Finals Eligibility 2018

Post by MagpieBat »

Last edited by MagpieBat on Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 7 times in total.
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

First update.

No new players confirmed their eligibility today, but I've updated the game tallies. And if we get players back from injury next week, we could see another payer or two become eligible...
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Occurs to me that I haven't updated this for a while. My bad.

With the seniors now locked in for finals themselves, and with the likelihood that they will finish with a double-chance (thus ensuring that we will at least make it as far as the semi finals, which fall on VFL preliminary final weekend), the question of who is eligible for VFL finals once selections become restricted is becoming more and more academic. Nevertheless, I've updated the list and the games tallies for the record, and to provide people with an idea of who could conceivably make up a VFL Grand Final side, in the event that the seniors go out in straight sets.

Also, there was this interesting little nugget at the end of an article in today's Age:
Any player who does not play against the Dockers will be eligible to play in the first week of the VFL finals, when the AFL has its pre-finals bye weekend. Treloar is believed to interested in playing in the VFL, but may be held back by club medicos.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/col ... 4zywb.html
Geek

Post by Geek »

MagpieBat wrote:Occurs to me that I haven't updated this for a while. My bad.

With the seniors now locked in for finals themselves, and with the likelihood that they will finish with a double-chance (thus ensuring that we will at least make it as far as the semi finals, which fall on VFL preliminary final weekend), the question of who is eligible for VFL finals once selections become restricted is becoming more and more academic. Nevertheless, I've updated the list and the games tallies for the record, and to provide people with an idea of who could conceivably make up a VFL Grand Final side, in the event that the seniors go out in straight sets.

Also, there was this interesting little nugget at the end of an article in today's Age:
Any player who does not play against the Dockers will be eligible to play in the first week of the VFL finals, when the AFL has its pre-finals bye weekend. Treloar is believed to interested in playing in the VFL, but may be held back by club medicos.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/col ... 4zywb.html
Yeah I was going to post about this last nigth. Your reading of 20.c.i was wrong.

Anyone who doesn't play AFL in round 23 but who's side has made the AFL finals, can play on the bye weekend.

I'd suggest that Howe and Treloar will probably have a bit of a run around in the hope of gaining some touch
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

"20.c.i"? That section deals with eligibility for the Development League finals, a competition that no longer exists.
Geek

Post by Geek »

MagpieBat wrote:"20.c.i"? That section deals with eligibility for the Development League finals, a competition that no longer exists.
And of course, by 20.c.i I meant 20.i.i