Transgender athletes back on the agenda

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Interesting comparsion.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Im not sure about those fitness reports either. The results would be easy to fudge. :?

I'm interested in this bit.
The policy has been developed over 12 months following consultation with medical and scientific experts in elite competitive sport, the Australian Human Rights Commission, Australian Sports Commission, AFLPA and representatives from the gender diverse community.
How much say I wonder, have the female footballers had in all this? They are the ones who will be playing with and against the trans athletes.

I wonder what would happen is a female footballer was cleaned up in a tackle by a trans opponent and suffered a career ending injury as their opponent was bigger and stronger?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Where we have rules we have anomaly's. Mouncey is one anomaly and is actually huge, just look at him/her standing next to Jonathon Brown for a comparison. 5 years testosterone levels should be standard with monthly testing. No testicles and penis (expensive procedure) but if you want to play football with women, you have to be one. Not 50/50.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

And who decides who is or isn't a woman, exactly?
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Skids
Has liked: 26 times

Post by Skids »

David wrote:And who decides who is or isn't a woman, exactly?
The penis?
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times

Post by Culprit »

My view, if you need to stand to pee then that rules you out of the Women'c comp.
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

How about we just get rid of mens and womens sports and have them all play in the same competition?

Apart from volleyball, I can't think of any benefit to watching the female version of a sport so why not just do away with them?
kill for collingwood!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Culprit wrote:
My view, if you need to stand to pee then that rules you out of the Women'c comp.
You need to take the balls off, they're what produce the testosterone. Without them, the penis is just for decoration.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

roar wrote:How about we just get rid of mens and womens sports and have them all play in the same competition?

Apart from volleyball, I can't think of any benefit to watching the female version of a sport so why not just do away with them?
I think we've had that discussion before.

In team sports it may work if you legislated that each team must have a set % of women. In most individual sports it would mean the women would be uncompetitive so it wouldn't work.

Even if womens sport is generally not something I watch, at least it gives young women something to aspire to in regard to fitness and exercise.

I'd actually be happy to see mens sport actually be classified as "open", where anyone of any gender can compete if they're good enough, and have womens sport reserved for Women.
thesoretoothsayer
Been liked: 14 times

Post by thesoretoothsayer »

roar wrote:How about we just get rid of mens and womens sports and have them all play in the same competition?

As a proud feminist I think this is the only way forward.
Otherwise, you'd be promoting the lie that men (in general) have some kind of physical advantage over women.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

stui magpie wrote:
Culprit wrote:
You need to take the balls off, they're what produce the testosterone. Without them, the penis is just for decoration.
There are other ways of reducing testosterone, of course.

Anyway, for all the AFL's undue conservatism on this topic, I am glad that they are in charge of these decisions and not the armchair gender experts posting in this thread. And yeah, yeah, I'm one too, but some of you really need some elementary education on this topic.
Last edited by David on Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Skids

Post by Skids »

You don't need to be a 'gender expert' (please tell me, we don't really have these?!)to know there are males & females.
Anyone who thinks differently has obvious mental issues.
Skids

Post by Skids »

How can that piece of fruit still be called a Mandarin?!?!