Gun laws in USA??

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

ISIS is sitting back laughing as the USA implodes. They are killing each other with approval from the top. Trump has no doubt divided society over there and the hatred is digging deep and the nutters who support both sides own guns. Surprise surprise the nutters are killing people with those guns.

All OK, we can offer prayers and thoughts for the dead as we do a Jewish special this week. With each circumcision you get an AR15 and 100 Rounds.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

stui magpie wrote:I'm enjoying this thread, good robust debate.

FWIW I don't think Trump has created any culture deliberately. What he has done is tap into a pre existing middle America who felt disenfranchised and ignored by the 2 opposing coastal meccas (NY and So Cal) who run the progressive agenda and, to a degree, enabled them to speak up.

He didn't create their views.

At the same time, the closest thing the USA has to left wingers, haven't left therapy since he was elected and attack him without thought or measure at every turn, both winding up their own supporters and pissing off their opponents.

Basically, the US is more polarised than pretty much any time since the civil war
Summed up far better than what I have attempted to do Stu.
I think the divide started under Obama in earnest but could also attributed to Bush and Clinton and your right Trump tapped into it.
Middle American std of living has gone backwards for nearly 20 years
Michael Jordan
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

thesoretoothsayer
Been liked: 14 times

Post by thesoretoothsayer »

Again I draw your attention to the IUS Anti Defamation League and their research. In 2017 anti semtitic incidents have increased by 57% since the election Trump was made president.
More Americans have died of the flu since Trump was made president than in decades. However, since I believe that correlation does not imply causation I will assume it's not Trump's fault (unless evidence is provided to the contrary).

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/09 ... -expected/[/quote]
watt price tully

“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

An opinion.
Washington (CNN)A top official at an influential coalition of Jewish Republicans on Monday defended President Donald Trump's response to the mass killing at a Pittsburgh synagogue, arguing those who say Trump's harsh rhetoric has stoked national divisions are trying to "score partisan political attacks."

"There are too many people who are using this tragedy for partisan gain," Matt Brooks, who runs the Republican Jewish Coalition, told CNN.
He called Trump's condemnation of anti-Semitism in the wake of Saturday's shooting "very powerful and very strong" and said he has encouraged White House officials to stay the course in the days ahead.
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/29/poli ... index.html
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Michael Jordan
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Again I draw your attention to the IUS Anti Defamation League and their research. In 2017 anti semtitic incidents have increased by 57% since the election Trump was made president.
More Americans have died of the flu since Trump was made president than in decades. However, since I believe that correlation does not imply causation I will assume it's not Trump's fault (unless evidence is provided to the contrary).

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/09 ... -expected/
[/quote]

Nope, I saw Trump sneeze once. Sarah Huckabee Sanders did also at a presser - Have Trump, his admin and cronies contribute to enable an increase in flu deaths ?: absolutely. The only argument here is to what extent?
Michael Jordan
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

There is an obvious difference between expressing a political view, on the one hand and peddling deliberately divisive, hateful rhetoric on the other.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Pies4shaw wrote:There is an obvious difference between expressing a political view, on the one hand and peddling deliberately divisive, hateful rhetoric on the other.
Agree - the problem is by who's definition does a political view become divisive, hateful, rhetoric ?

Currently its the left who have this as their talking points attacking Trump, his Admin and republicans. Ironically they do it through divisive, hateful rhetoric.
Michael Jordan
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by think positive »

war, politics, footy, life, its all the same, a power game, look at the atrocities of world war 1 and 2, so much finger pointing, im guessing the countries we point fingers at have a reason to point back.

doesnt give anyone the right to walk into a church and shoot people.

personal responsibility. like manners, its $@&^#
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Michael Jordan
watt price tully