Gun laws in USA??

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

think positive wrote:w.........

personal responsibility. l.......
Yes, of course the perpertrator is responsible for his behaviour. However his behaviour was enabled (to what extent should be the discussion point) by the irresponsible comments by Trump and his admin / cronies by creating the conditions in part for a murderer to act out his racist views.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:An opinion.
Washington (CNN)A top official at an influential coalition of Jewish Republicans on Monday defended President Donald Trump's response to the mass killing at a Pittsburgh synagogue, arguing those who say Trump's harsh rhetoric has stoked national divisions are trying to "score partisan political attacks."

"There are too many people who are using this tragedy for partisan gain," Matt Brooks, who runs the Republican Jewish Coalition, told CNN.
He called Trump's condemnation of anti-Semitism in the wake of Saturday's shooting "very powerful and very strong" and said he has encouraged White House officials to stay the course in the days ahead.
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/29/poli ... index.html
Of course he would say that, he's partisan :roll:

However for a more considered view try this by a non party member and an older person:

From an essentailly right of centre newspaper

Ethno-nationalism, petty politics and resentment of Jews: Pittsburgh shows us an antisemitism for the 21st century

https://www.thejc.com/comment/comment/t ... y-1.471762

Trump et al need to stop pedalling hate about minority groups for base politcal reasons.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Last edited by MJ23 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:An opinion.
Washington (CNN)A top official at an influential coalition of Jewish Republicans on Monday defended President Donald Trump's response to the mass killing at a Pittsburgh synagogue, arguing those who say Trump's harsh rhetoric has stoked national divisions are trying to "score partisan political attacks."

"There are too many people who are using this tragedy for partisan gain," Matt Brooks, who runs the Republican Jewish Coalition, told CNN.
He called Trump's condemnation of anti-Semitism in the wake of Saturday's shooting "very powerful and very strong" and said he has encouraged White House officials to stay the course in the days ahead.
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/29/poli ... index.html
Of course he would say that, he's partisan :roll:

However for a more considered view try this by a non party member and an older person:

From an essentailly right of centre newspaper

Ethno-nationalism, petty politics and resentment of Jews: Pittsburgh shows us an antisemitism for the 21st century

https://www.thejc.com/comment/comment/t ... y-1.471762

Trump et al need to stop pedalling hate about minority groups for base politcal reasons.
Every alternate view is partisan at the moment.
CNN, MSNBC, Times, Post and yes FOX are all partisan now - this is the biggest issue.

And Trump attacks the dregs of society for ALL groups. There is no minority / majority. He is an equal opportunity caller out of hate and violence. Its the Media who try to make out that MS13 are full of misunderstood youth and when Trump attacks them he is actaully attacking all non white race groups.
Michael Jordan
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

watt price tully wrote:

Yes, of course the perpertrator is responsible for his behaviour. However his behaviour was enabled (to what extent should be the discussion point) by the irresponsible comments by Trump and his admin / cronies by creating the conditions in part for a murderer to act out his racist views.

I cant even....thats a long winding road you've used to connect the dots that suits your narrative. I mean this nutter has a history and part of that is attacking Trump and his policy on Israel.
Michael Jordan
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

MJ23 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:There is an obvious difference between expressing a political view, on the one hand and peddling deliberately divisive, hateful rhetoric on the other.
Agree - the problem is by who's definition does a political view become divisive, hateful, rhetoric ?

Currently its the left who have this as their talking points attacking Trump, his Admin and republicans. Ironically they do it through divisive, hateful rhetoric.
Well, not yours, obviously, since your response suggests that none of those words has any meaning.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

I've heard of it before.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
watt price tully

Wokko wrote:Image
Nice photo of the POTUS. Oh wait, it's not. False analogy. No hypocricy because the analogy is simply false.

Now where that pizza shooting you attirbuted to Clinton: that's right it was fake news from you.
Last edited by watt price tully on Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

For you Maybe the problem?
watt price tully

MJ23 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

I cant even....thats a long winding road you've used to connect the dots that suits your narrative. I mean this nutter has a history and part of that is attacking Trump and his policy on Israel.
If you choose not to see then that limts your capcity to see. Either its simplisitic or its a long winding road. Now wait it's both :roll:
watt price tully

MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Michael Jordan
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

watt price tully wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
watt price tully wrote: Yes, of course the perpertrator is responsible for his behaviour. However his behaviour was enabled (to what extent should be the discussion point) by the irresponsible comments by Trump and his admin / cronies by creating the conditions in part for a murderer to act out his racist views.

If you choose not to see then that limts your capcity to see. Either its simplisitic or its a long winding road. Now wait it's both :roll:
Again, my point exactly. Its simple disguised by a long winding road.
You use a lot of words in a long winding argument that doesn't say anything much other than your one talking point. Its not simple language. Its actually condescending....and repetitive. :shock:
Michael Jordan