Cheersquad 2004 and beyond

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

Joe

Good on you mate you have raised some good points, your postings are neither vindictive or personal may i suggest you email cam or give him a call mate
cheers pal

The cheersquad is changeing and that alone is a good thing its healthy to have new members on the committee, it kind of freshens up ideas and directions, i have stood down as chant leader this year to give others a go and at season end i will stand down as committee member to give someone else a go.
Nothing stays the same forever and yes life goes on.
You cant please everybody all the time that alone is an impossibility and its healthy to talk about what we like and dont like, but remember in the flicking of an eyelid this cheersquad could go back to the way it was not so long ago and as good collingwood people we must never let this happen!
cheers everyone
mr_nokia

Post by mr_nokia »

Dan 3:16

Post by Dan 3:16 »

We are black
We are white
We are bloody DYNAMITE

GO PIES
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

foxy

Post by foxy »

i didn't go to the meeting but i'm pretty much with joffa on this one. when i joined the squad back in '01 it was ridiculous. people wanted nothing to do with you. when i first asked to join up it was like i was a bloody burden on everyone.

things have changed for the better in a big way. i totally support anything cam suggests, be it a pre-appointed committee or something like that. he's a smart young fella who knows exactly what he's doing.

i'm also glad to hear johnny taranto's on the committee. he's a top bloke & he'll bring a lotta fresh ideas to the squad.
Dan 3:16

Post by Dan 3:16 »

We are black
We are white
We are bloody DYNAMITE

GO PIES
A^D^S^O

Post by A^D^S^O »

Foxy, everybody is entitled to their opinion but obviouslyyou don't know the true facts.

As for you Joffa come on and tell the truth to everyone you are the silent president of the c.s. I dont know who mr nokia is but stop dodging his question and for once in your life tell the truth.
foxy

Post by foxy »

the 'true facts' eh? come on then, tell us some true facts. all this secretive crap being spouted about back-room deals, hand-picked committees & 'silent presidents' does nothing but make the squad look bloody stupid.

the only 'true fact' i know is that when i joined the squad in 2001 it was shit. now it's good.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Hmmm. . . . . . Good reasoning. OK I will tell them when I see 'em.
Joe

Post by Joe »

Foxy nobody is doubting the cheersquad is great or not,it still has the odd bad egg.I dont know about secret handshakes and special deals all I am suggesting is a voted committee with Camm or somebody else who is neutral presiding over it.Was there a neutral presiding overseer years ago,I dont think there was.To make an assumption that things could not work with a voted committee is rather short sighted I think it is unfortunate that this forum has been used to express personal animosity rather than discuss the situations facing the cheersquad.
Debate and discussion do not make the cheersquad look stupid Foxy but rather show that paid up passionate members are thinking about wanting to take it to the next level,I see no problem with that.As long as spite and long standing fudes are kept out of the debate.
foxy

Post by foxy »

"Debate and discussion do not make the cheersquad look stupid Foxy but rather show that paid up passionate members are thinking about wanting to take it to the next level"

that was my point Joe! rumour-mongering about back-room deals & secret handshakes does not entail 'debate and discussion'. it just feeds the fire of gossip & in-fighting.

anyway, i'm gonna keep outta this one. as Joe said, debate away, but steer clear of personal animosity & all that.
Joe

Post by Joe »

Point taken Foxy.
All I know is that its gonna be a great year and alot of fun to be had this stuff will be forgotten when the ball bounces on that first Friday night when we take on the tigers.
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

A^D^S^O wrote:Foxy, everybody is entitled to their opinion but obviouslyyou don't know the true facts.

As for you Joffa come on and tell the truth to everyone you are the silent president of the c.s. I dont know who mr nokia is but stop dodging his question and for once in your life tell the truth.
OK you want the truth here goes...

I am not a silent president of the cheersquad and i never ever applied to be the president at any time as i dont want to be president
Infact i support the club in running the cheersquad and never again must this cheersquad have a self appointed president, we've all seen the negatives of what that produces.

I am no longer chant leader at the end of this season i will no longer be on the committee, my contribution to this cheersquad speaks for its self.

The rotation of front row
Giving the kids the respect they deserve
Bringing back the crowds to banner making
Giving everybody the chance to go out with the banner
these and many other ideas were my ideas in bringing this squad together and ive paid the price for being who i am as i am often targeted by those consumed by jealousy.

I have been harrassed and targeted by collingwood folk, if you want me to name them i will....the embarrassment of hearing the joffa is a wanker chant by a small group of ex cheersquad people simply because they feel they no longer have any power trip over other people is pathetic.
The bus trip to sydney last year and the same people hiring a mini bus with a banner saying 'joffa is a wanker' hanging from the side during the whole trip and when there bus would pass our bus they would get the chant going.

The leaflets with photo and adress details sprinkled all over the MCG was one of the most sickening moments in my life
My name and phone numbers written on the walls of the MCG toilets probably by the same above people.

Being continually harrassed and stalked by a cheersquad member who has been so consumed with myself with lies via emails and phone calls to the club and phone calls to the media and abusing them every time my name has appeared in the paper.

Even emma ( daughter )has been targeted.

Would you like me to go on i have plenty of other stuff to say?

Yeah ive been bloody proud at what i have bought to this cheersquad and i believe ive been the right person at the right time, because i have a media profile which is nothing to speak of as im not the type to brag about it people think i have my head so far up my arse i cant see the sunlight
Let me telll ya bring on the end of this season so i can sit back and enjoy watching a club firmly entrenched in my heart without all the bitchiness imature stupid things that go on.

So will you understand who ever you are I AM NOT THE PRESIDENT OR THIS SILENT PRESIDENT STUFF YOU GO ON ABOUT!!

I really believed with the help of others we could bring this thing together
obviously its been a waste of time!!

But remember this i will allways be cheersqaud and if i ever see kids or others being left out or intimidated i will stand and say something.. you can bet on that one my dear friend!!
cobood

Post by cobood »

Joffa posted
But remember this i will allways be cheersqaud and if i ever see kids or others being left out or intimidated i will stand and say something.. you can bet on that one my dear friend!!
On ya Joff!!
....Collingwood Forever....
....Premiers 2010/
JLC

Post by JLC »

This topic is a disgrace. I cant believe the number of people that are so selfish and sit back and bag Joffa and Cameron. Personally if i were Joffa or Cameron i would resign and let you "know it alls" take over and run the cheersquad and then we will say how good you can do it.

Half you people only have to cheer and most of you can't even do that properly. Instead people just sit their and complain.

The rest of the comments dont even warrant a reply as it would give them credibility.

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.