Should we have elections????

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

Should there ne elections for cheer squad committee????

Poll ended at Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:57 pm

Yes
38%
Yes
38%
No
12%
No
12%

Total votes: 52

mr_nokia

Should we have elections????

Post by mr_nokia »

Should we have election????
zoia

Post by zoia »

bloodly oath, i know people who wanted to run for the comitee and wernt even allowed
cobood

Post by cobood »

I honestly think we should... that would make everyone more at ease with the whole situation.

Stop people bitching and arguing and also if whoever is voted and doesnt come up to scratch they can be voted out the following season.

All organizations have votes and so should the cheersquad.

I sincerely hope that this poll is presented to the club as what the cheersquad members want, and pray that it will be heeded.
....Collingwood Forever....
....Premiers 2010/
Joe

Post by Joe »

Good on ya Frankie at last we agree on something,
Praise the Lord Of The Rings.
magpies are 2 good

Post by magpies are 2 good »

yea we should and dont get 1 person to pick it get like cheersquad people to vote on who they want on it
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

I voted yes - because I am the person that was asked to join the committee this year and am obviously the selection that you are all complaining about.

That is fine because I know, if by election, I would have no chance of being elected because an election in a squad like ours ends up being a popularity contest.

I'm not popular in the cheersquad and that is fine - whatever the members want they would get then. I'm not interested in being liked by everyone, being popular or being part of a 'group' within the cheersquad -I just wanted to help out and do the best I could.

Jenelle
HANDS OFF OUR JUMPER

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
cobood

Post by cobood »

Jen.. please dont feel that way this is by no means about you
If there was an election you possibly wouldve been voted in... who knows... ( I know I wouldve voted for you)..the whole issue of this is that ppl are bitching and moaning about the way people are selected... They want to have a chance to do the selection they are paying members and so they should ... what I am trying to say is that by elections no one can accuse a person on this farce of a committee of not being warranted there.... I hope you can understand what I mean... I dont know who Mr. Nokia is or what his game is... Im just stating what I feel would stop all this rot. And Jen dont forget that Maureen was also asked to join the committee too this year, so I dont see how you can take this personally...
and please dont put yourself down, you're a wonderful girl, and someone who would be very very beneficial on the committee..
Please dont spit the dummy.. :wink:

Frankie
Last edited by cobood on Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....Premiers 2010/
Joe

Post by Joe »

Jaenelle I do not really know you personally,I have met you at the pub and have seen you at the football.You no doubt have alot to offer the cheersquad and have my full support as a committee member.

I am more concerned for long standing members who have been around for years,they may feel as though things are occuring without their approval.

Popularity is of some consequence as one is making decisions on behalf of others.You need to be liked as a commitee member by a proprtion of the members.Thats not to say you are unpopular it is more that you may not be as well known as others.I have never heard a negative comment about you.

Jenelle the principal of voting in a commitee applies to all the members on the committee whether popular as you put it or not.It does not apply primarily to you.Long standing members have a right to be concerned about people being on the board who they do not have full confidence in.

I fail to see why you would have a problem with the members getting what they want,is not that the whole point of membership of most organisations.

I repeat If you have been placed on the commitee than like all others on it you have my support.The fact that I dont agree with the selection process does not cloud my loyalty to those who have oversight.

CHEERS JOE
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

That is what I meant Joe - at least if there is a vote then no-one would complain and members would have what they want.

But at the same time - the way I felt leaving on Thursday night was purely deflating. While everyone bitched, moaned and bickered - I have never felt more let down by a group of people that are all supposed to have one thing in common than I did that night and it was more embarrassing than anything to think that a room full of adult and mature people would behave in such a way.

Anyway - all for elections, as stated previously.

BTW - thanks Frankie - you are a sweetheart. :)

Jenelle
HANDS OFF OUR JUMPER

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
cobood

Post by cobood »

Lorelei posted
But at the same time - the way I felt leaving on Thursday night was purely deflating. While everyone bitched, moaned and bickered - I have never felt more let down by a group of people that are all supposed to have one thing in common than I did that night and it was more embarrassing than anything to think that a room full of adult and mature people would behave in such a way.
Welcome behind the scenes Jen... you'll see a lot more of that I guarantee it! :wink:
....Premiers 2010/
MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

Well if no voting means someone like Jen is on the comittee then im happy to have no vote because I couldnt think of a better person. Jen is the most sweet, nice and dedicated person and i can see her doing a wonderful job. I know she wont get caught up in any bitching or popularity bullshit that consumes so many immature people! Good luck for this year Jen, im right behind you :)
Those with the most invested are the last to surrender!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
JLC

Post by JLC »

I think besides the chant leader position popularity should have nothing to do with it. The best people not the most popular should be chosen to do the job.

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

Definetely JLC ,but sadly thats not the case.
Those with the most invested are the last to surrender!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
Joe

Post by Joe »

Please see the Oxford dictionary to get the full meaning of the word popularity.
It States "to be admired or liked.....".A person can be admired or like for their ability to perform a task effectively.This term does not necessarily refer to personality appeal ect.
Therefore a person may be voted in because he or she has been seen to perform their duties in a superlative manner.
Thats the point.
CHEERS