#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

Greening.
Carman.
Daicos.
JDG.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 76 times

Post by RudeBoy »

5 from the wing on debut wrote:Greening.
Carman.
Daicos.
JDG.
:shock: :shock: 8) 8)
Doc63

Post by Doc63 »

Bleedblackanwhite wrote:I want to have his babies and I’m a straight heterosexual married, male.
As long as they are boys!!
I hold a cup of wisdom, but there is nothing within.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

^ But does Bbaw have good genes?
RudeBoy
Been liked: 76 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Bleedblackanwhite wrote:I want to have his babies and I’m a straight heterosexual married, male.
You've changed. :oops: :oops:
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Agree with the Yablett senior comparison, I've been thinking that for a while. It's a big call (I rate senior as the best I've seen) but he's very similar in so many ways
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
K

Post by K »

With all the Googs hype, his Browlow odds have shortened to $34 at sb, $41 at TAB.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

He'll never win a Brownlow. The genuinely exciting, great players don't. He will, come what may, have as many Brownlows as, eg, Pendlebury, Carman, Daicos, Greening, Cloke, Ablett, Brereton, Matthews, Bartlett, Hart, Jesaulenko, Crosswell, McLeod, Pickett, Franklin and Carey have won between them.

Anyway, it would be an embarrassment to receive that medal after Mitchell (who would struggle to be of any use in our VFL side).
stui magpie
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by stui magpie »

I'll hold fire on the Gablett comparison for now. There's similarities but differences. (one difference I hope for is that Jordy's head is screwed on tighter)

Gablett snr left school at 15 to be a brickies labourer and was playing snr footy at 16. By the time he started at Geelong (after his brief stint at Hawthorn) he was 23 and already had a hard body.

Both are/were explosive, instinctive players but then again so is Dusty. If Jordy keeps working hard, both in the gym to build strength and on the track, he will be something special.

I actually think Stevo has potential to be more Gablettesque once/if he puts on some muscle.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

The other big difference between JDG and Ablett is that JDG has never been thrashed pointless on a wing by Bruce Abernethy.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/1 ... 40512.html

Fabulous game, that - Cloke Snr, Tony Shaw, Abers, Mark Williams, Daicos, Raines, Phillips all played magnificent footy at the Cattery.

The reason I mention it is that, by then, Ablett was almost the same age as Jordy is now - Jordy is streets ahead of where Ablett was at that stage of his career.
stui magpie
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

To be fair. that was his first VFL game for Geelong. 8 games later he kicked 8 from the wing playing for Victoria to get BOG and won the Geelong B&F in his first season.

He played 15 games that year and kicked 33 goals.

I'll agree that Jordy now is streets ahead of where Gablett was in his first game for Geelong, I'd love it if he's still streets ahead at the end of the season.

:wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Jezza
Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 204 times

Post by Jezza »

He's a gun and has the potential of being the best player in the league.

Loved his performance on Thursday night.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
K

Post by K »

Ads7

De Goey caught using phone while driving

Post by Ads7 »

More off field drama coming our way: De Goey caught on his phone while driving.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/ ... Nuc0R92e9U

Thoughts on how the club will handle this? Is another suspension on the cards?
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Bucks5 »

I will not be happy if they do suspend him because the next three rounds are hard enough as it is.

Make him do some voluntary work at one of the major rehab hospitals to work with accident victims.
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?