Cheersquad 2004 and beyond

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

vamp7

Post by vamp7 »

One thing everyone has forgotten it's Voluntary :roll: :roll: :roll:
I worked my butt off last year that raised thousands for the cheer squad.
I got a thankyou form Cameron in person in private, to me that was good enough to keep me interested to work just as hard in 2004.
If you are good at something that benifits the Collingwood cheer squad be proud of the fact that you can contribute to the success of the group, at the end of the day the whole world sees and envies us at COLLINGWOOD it's a team effort not an individual price...
They say you can't choose your family but can choose your friends , hmmm well we all have chosen Collingwood, an that is a family of it's own..
It's impossible to like everyone in a large group hey life goes on, but at the end of the day the banner still goes up, the stands are filled with Black and White and he pies are on the score board...
What else matters!!!! :D :D :D :D
Miss you Jarrod...
Dr. Rock

Post by Dr. Rock »

Well said Vamp7
Canberra

Post by Canberra »

I'm not a member of the Cheer Squad and have stayed out of this. I would just like to say,everyone knows who Joffa is,but who is Mr Nokia? Instead of hiding behind your nick why don't you declare yourself.
Do not adjust your mind. The fault is in reality.
Eunos

Post by Eunos »

I'm not a c/squad member, but as a supporter I certainly have seen the improvement in the squad over the past few years.
As for elections, well just like a few years ago when the Victorian Goverment appointed commisioners to run councils, so now have CFC seen fit to appoint commitee members to control the single highest profile group of Collingwood fans.
As the "official" squad it has every right to do this. If it carries the CFC seal of approval then some democratic sacrifices must be made.
If the people who oppose this may I suggest you use this forum, and other CFC boards, to start a petition, heres the link;
http://www.petitiononline.com/petition.html
Please note that you will need to frame a statement/question to put on the petition.
I would also suggest that you compile a list of complaints and suggestions to remedy the problems.
This is the only way you will get heard. Not as individuals attacking the "public face" of the c/squad, but as a group with well reasoned and sound arguments.
All this will take time so forget any change this close to season 2004.

Good luck for season 2005, but for now I implore you to get behind the commitee, Cameron, and yes, even Joffa.
cooldewd

Post by cooldewd »

I too am also not a Cheer Squad member, but this senseless attack on Joffa is decidedly un-Collingwood.

Joffa is the most recognizeable Cheer Squad member in Australia.

Who are you Mr Nokia?

Joffa lobbied to have the winning GF coach recieve the Jock McHale Medal rather than "Barrassi Medal" or something similar.

Joffa is the Cheer Squads "bullett proof vest" in that he shields the youngsters of criticism that he himself absorbs due to his profile.

What have you done lately Mr Nokia?

The Cheer Squad has never been stronger, brighter or fairer than it is now.

Those that chant "JOFFA IS A WANKER" are merely aiding the enemies of our club with their treason. Our enemies delight at this show of friction.

This thread is a disgrace, and those that have been ever so critical of Joffa should be ashamed of themselves.

When we win the flag this year, I will look towards the CS to see Joff leading the mosh pit.

Name me one other CS that evokes this kind of attention?

Says it all.

The Dude
Eunos

Post by Eunos »

Oh, and if you think that our opposition do not delight in us fighting each other, think again,

http://redandwhiteonline.com/forum/show ... eadid=3796

Sixth post down links back to here.
Go_The_Mighty_Magpies

Post by Go_The_Mighty_Magpies »

Not only the opposition would be enjoying this, as you know the media do know about this board and could happen to read this, imagine how easily they could make out that we are all against each other etc.

At least it has died down a bit in the last few days
There is just one team we favour...
mr_nokia

Post by mr_nokia »

Canberra

Post by Canberra »

Wow.Congratulations Mr Nokia. You now speak for all the members. Were you elected as spokeswoman or did you just assume the role.
Do not adjust your mind. The fault is in reality.
MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

You could even be as daring as Voula and myself Mr Nokia and use a photo as your avatar. :P
Those with the most invested are the last to surrender!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
zoia

Post by zoia »

i also have my picture as my avatar
MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

Oh yeah and Paul! :P
Those with the most invested are the last to surrender!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!