#25 Jack Crisp

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

Jack can hold his head up for his input Sunday
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
thebaldfacts

100 consecutive games for the steak knives

Post by thebaldfacts »

Well done to Crisp who is fast becoming one of my favourites.

Since coming to the Pies, he has not missed a game and this week against Carlton will mark his 100th consecutive game for the Pies.
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

The deal that made us.
Get back on top.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

He has become an elite defender and his consistent presence, week-in, week-out playing high-quality football is a large part of the reason we have stepped up since 2017. He's probably top 5 in the Copeland at the moment, again, after his 4th last year. Being the best player, in the Club's view, after Grundy, Sidebottom and Pendlebury in a Grand Final season is a tremendous achievement, especially for a medium-sized defender.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Did some amazing things last night. Disposal isn’t always reliable, but it’s gotten much better, and you’d pick him every week.

Funny to think we got him, Greenwood and De Goey in the one deal AND got Beams back in the end.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
npalm
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by npalm »

Yep, Crisp is a beauty. Provides real grunt, wins the hard ball, is strong in the air and makes good decisions. I think he is our best defender.
AA material.
Side by side.
BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

Every play when Port were up and about two players stood head and shoulders above the rest was Pendles and Jack

This guy Jack mate just goes out and gives 100% one hundred percent of the game
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Cam wrote:The deal that made us.
The question begs exactly how he got bypassed by every club in the draft[s]?!

So stoked for Crispy. Not even the great Scotty Russell could string 100 on the trot from debut.
Who was the last player to play 100+ consecutive games for us: Swan or O'Brien?

Amazing isn't it; Beams doesn't move to Queensland, we never get Crisp or DeGoey. Do we still make the 2018GF? Nah, unlikely.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

So far the best player to come out of the Beams deal and that includes the returning Beams. De Goey rising fast of course.

He's been a super player right from the start. Started to look like a top midfielder who could also shut down an opponent, then became an even better half back. Definitely elite and should have been talked about as AA potential last year and also this to date.

Does a great job defensively and in the air and provides more run from defence than any of our other defenders. The consistent, glue type player that every top team needs.
Well done boys!
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

piedys wrote: Amazing isn't it; Beams doesn't move to Queensland, we never get Crisp or DeGoey. Do we still make the 2018GF? Nah, unlikely.
Absolutely. Beams leaving was the best departure I can remember. Picked up two top 5 players (10 if you don't rate Crisp as much as the club).
Well done boys!
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

I seem to recall that he had a bit of an interrupted pre season.

Started off a bit slowly this year, but has really hit his straps these past few weeks.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

On ya Crispy ! Hope we can get one for you this week.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

piedys wrote:
Cam wrote:The deal that made us.
The question begs exactly how he got bypassed by every club in the draft[s]?!

So stoked for Crispy. Not even the great Scotty Russell could string 100 on the trot from debut.
Who was the last player to play 100+ consecutive games for us: Swan or O'Brien?

Amazing isn't it; Beams doesn't move to Queensland, we never get Crisp or DeGoey. Do we still make the 2018GF? Nah, unlikely.
Because he was a mid, not particularly fast, with a few kicking issues. Buckley turned him into a defender - now he’s a totally different player. That’s how you find gems lower down in the draft, either by patching their deficiencies when they engage in the elite AFL training programs, or by finding alternate roles for them to fit into the team structure.
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Crisp 200

Post by think better »

I thought this deserved its own thread.

Great effort by Jack to reach 200 with 188 on the trot. Great get as steak knives - brilliant player
I think therefore I think - I think
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Agreed, but just a note, apparently he really dislikes the moniker "Steak Knives".

He has been a gun.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.