Clothing dilemma - Any help is appreciated

If you want to be able to chat about the really interesting stuff in footy without being hassled by the guys - do it here!

Moderators: Hanskies, foxychick

supa-gal

Clothing dilemma - Any help is appreciated

Post by supa-gal »

Hey all,

I hope someone can help me out. I have a function I need to go to this Wednesday and I have no idea as what to wear. The dress code is 'Lounge Suit', but because I got the invite on really short notice I have absolutely no time to go into a lot of detail regarding my outfit.

My question is do you think that dress pants would be ok, or should I opt for the standard dress/skirt & top?

Any opinions/shop suggestions would be greatly aprreciated.

Thanks,
Steph
Champions don't make excuses... They make history.
dilly5

Post by dilly5 »

Steph,

Lounge suit usually means a casual suit for men (ie. not tux) and I would generally take that to mean that dress pants are acceptable for women, if worn with a relatively dressy top (ie. not a shirt or jumper, but maybe something with a bit of sparkle or detail).

Basically, what most people mean when they say 'lounge suit' is "don't over dress but don't wear jeans" (as opposed to 'neat casual' which means neat jeans are fine). I personally think anything in between is acceptable. Skirt, dress or dress pants would all look great-- 'lounge suit' is usually just giving guests licence to keep their options open but still look nice.
dilly5

Post by dilly5 »

Oh yeah- for shopping suggestions- if you don't have a nice pants or a pant suit (I can't believe I just said 'pant suit'- I sound like my grandmother), Portmans and Sportsgirl are GREAT for things like that on the cheap. Portmans tends to be a bit cheaper for the whole suit, but if you're just getting the pants and a nice top, Sportsgirl have really nice pants and great dressy tops. My housemate just bought some beautiful white pants from Sportsgirl in a classy trouser style (not tight skanky ones) and can wear them with anything and they look fantastic (a simple top and big earrings look very classy)
maggie20ct

Post by maggie20ct »

wow go dilly with her dressing expertise! I know where to run if im ever in need.
This message was proudly brought to you by Katie *cough* Tarrant :D
sam.

Post by sam. »

Yeah, go with the pants.
Lol.
Sam
"I've had enough of having nothing, I won't take just anything. I got my mind set on something, all I want is everything. All I want is everything."
dilly5

Post by dilly5 »

Yeah I know my pant suits alright...
supa-gal

Post by supa-gal »

Thanks gals.

I'm going with the pants and sparkly top.
maggie20ct

Post by maggie20ct »

good choice supa, good choice....
This message was proudly brought to you by Katie *cough* Tarrant :D
supa-gal

Post by supa-gal »

Thanks again for all the help.

Some guy I met there really liked the pants, or so he said.