#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Hm wrote:4 demerit points and $484 fine, dangerous thing and too many are doing it. Pay the fine and everyone moves on. I don't understand why anyone thinks AFL players have to pay a double penalty? If we do the same thing do we then have to go to our boss and get fined and suspended by them as well?
Correct weight.

Although as a bicycle rider I think the punishment for members of the community who use a mobile while driving should be immediate license cancellation as a starting point for suitable punishment (slow death by hanging is another alternative) your premise is correct in my view.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

5150 wrote:Wonder if he was on the phone with The Kanga’s to ask if the offer was still available?
Very good :wink:
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Pies2016 wrote:The real problem is the laws are to lenient in the first place.
So people who Use Phones should be Banned for Driving for Life?

Would solve the Problem of too many people on the Road
I am Da Man
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Problem isn't mobile phones or doing 5ks over the speed limit, the problem is people cant drive.

How is a mobile phone that different to changing the radio station, getting something out of the glovebox, eating food, yelling at the kids, women who do their makeup whilst driving...

Plenty of distractions, but most people just cant drive. Years ago it was drink drive bloody idiot then wipe off 5, now its mobile phones, in 5 years there will be some other target.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

The ambulance chasing stories continue
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

eddiesmith wrote:...
How is a mobile phone that different to changing the radio station, getting something out of the glovebox, eating food, yelling at the kids, women who do their makeup whilst driving...
I've seen people driving blind (with the car moving) with their head down looking at the phone, probably texting.

It's way different.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 76 times

Post by RudeBoy »

FFS. I don’t give a flying phuck.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Piesnchess wrote:This is a matter for the LAW NOT THE BLOODY CLUB, let the law deal with him, fine him heavy, suspend licence, but that's it. Getting a bit over these witchhunts re our guys, give it a rest, hey.
This.
...and let's hope that he wasnt placing bets on Collingwood on a gamblng app when the cops nabbed him.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I was expecting it to be a front page headline today. H-Sun finally has a bit of integrity for leading with Majak’s comeback.

At least JDG didn’t blame the dog.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

I'm sick of all these people using their phones while driving. If I see one more person doing it I'm gonna wind down my window and throw my beer at them.
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
watt price tully

RudeBoy wrote:FFS. I don’t give a flying phuck.
Oh but you do...otherwise...oh never mind
stui magpie
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by stui magpie »

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:I'm sick of all these people using their phones while driving. If I see one more person doing it I'm gonna wind down my window and throw my beer at them.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

It's actually a piece of p15s talking on a mobile whilst driving nowadays, apart for being on the look out for cops, that's the distraction. In the old days the car phone had the coiley lead connected from the hand piece to the receiver. Going round corners was a challenge with the lead catching on the blinker lever.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Caro: "That's nothing. But Jaidyn Stephenson was not nothing."
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 119 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

K wrote:Caro: "That's nothing. But Jaidyn Stephenson was not nothing."
Was this from her latest podcast with Gleeson? I saw the "every year there's something at Collingwood" lead for it and almost spat my coffee everywhere. What a dishonest cow this woman is considering there's more going on at other clubs she's not reporting on.