Who says white supremacists are stupid?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Brenda the Civil Disobedience Penguin explains all:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... it-helpful

Edit: I see David has already provided the link to First Dog on the Moon. I’ll leave this here, though, since Brenda is compulsory reading.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-23/ ... t/11043892

Lisa and Justin Beulah are no strangers to Australian politics. Lisa was a One Nation supporter and volunteer manager of an unofficial Pauline Hanson Facebook page. Justin was a member of the Young Liberals.

They were also part of a group of self-described fascists whom ABC’s Background Briefing revealed had infiltrated the NSW branch of the Young Nationals last year in an attempt to steer their policies further to the right.

The Beulahs were among the 22 people subsequently banned for life by the NSW Nationals over their role in the plot.

Confronted with their involvement in the white supremacist movement, the couple agreed to be interviewed and explain how they were radicalised and ended up in the hate-filled gutters of the internet.

“For me like it was Charlottesville that was my come-to-Jesus moment, so to speak,” Lisa said. “And then I decided... it was a very negative community. I was like, ‘why am I here? Like what am I doing?’ This is not right.”

But the chat logs from the days after the incident show Lisa to be cheerleading the attack.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

David wrote:I found this rather amusing:

https://www.facebook.com/14003499635929 ... 565?sfns=1
Brilliant. :lol: :lol:
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

David wrote:I found this rather amusing:

https://www.facebook.com/14003499635929 ... 565?sfns=1
Except there aren't any actual Nazis (statistically speaking) and yet it's the go to 'argument' far too often, either overtly or through dog whistling. Like the fabled 'White supremacist', all these Nazis live in the minds of angry, paranoid leftist idiots.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Egg girl, the one who tried to scone ScoMo with an egg, and missed, has pleaded guilty to common assault.
A New South Wales woman has pleaded guilty to common assault for throwing an egg at the Prime Minister's head during the election campaign.

Key points:
Amber Holt cried after pleading guilty to common assault for egging Scott Morrison
The egg bounced off his head instead of breaking
Holt previously pleaded guilty to possessing cannabis, which she was found with in the egging aftermath
Amber Holt, who was 24 at the time, threw the egg at Scott Morrison's head while he was campaigning at the Country Women's Association (CWA) state conference in Albury in May.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-08/ ... n/11289152
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Egg Boi's actions were arguably worse, but his target far less sympathetic.

He was very lucky to get off so lightly.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pi

Post by Pi »

According to doctors throwing eggs is a health hazard.

https://www.webmd.com/eye-health/news/2 ... scrambling

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/young-egging-vict ... -1.3562026

I suppose they could switch to throwing milkshakes, but then imagine the outrage mob when some vegan protester gets a milkshake thrown over them or a pork sausage is thrown at the Israeli ambassador.

food fight anyone?

Pi = Infinite = Collingwood = Always
Floreat Pica
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

mmmmmmm Milkshakes and sausages.
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

Toga Party?
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

No, I don't think so. I think it's more that they realized that if they charged Egg Boy they'd have to charge the guy who whacked him twice in a revenge attack. No such problem existed with the woman, because her "victim" acted like a normal civilized human would, as the videos show.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

Yeah, nah.

I don't think that corresponds, it's more likely to charge the revenge attacker if the original incident doesn't attract charges.

I'll give you the child discount.

I think the key differentiation is the status of the attacked. One was the Prime Minister on official public business the other was a senator at a supposedly private supporters function.

We have to ensure that the sitting Prime Minister, of whatever flavour, is able to mingle in public meet and greets, unlike the situation in many other countries.