#32 Will Hoskin-Elliott

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

Without Cox on the filed in the second half, the team became more dynamic and creative.
WHE should play up forward all the time.
Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Presti35 »

K wrote:
Presti35 wrote:WHEFF
PHWOAR?
HAROO!
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Harrysz
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Harrysz »

I think that SEM is onto something here.
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

He use to play this role....
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

I put him in my side going forward as a FF
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
bokka

Post by bokka »

I tihnik being played in defense the last few weeks has improved his forward game, as it often does. He's named at FF but I'd keep swinging him back and forth because it seems to be working for him, keeping him involved. Maybe he is kidn of player that needs to get quite a few touches to get into the game, which can be hard when playing forward but a lot easier around wing/HB.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

He had virtually no pre-season after having surgery, so it's taken him a long time to regain full fitness and confidence in his body. He oozes X-factor and is a natural forward. He is also our most accurate kick for goal.
bokka

Post by bokka »

RudeBoy wrote:He had virtually no pre-season after having surgery, so it's taken him a long time to regain full fitness and confidence in his body. He oozes X-factor and is a natural forward. He is also our most accurate kick for goal.
That is good information. Looks like maybe just now coming good and fitness peaking which is great timing, could be extremely important in finals.
RudeBoy

Hoskin-Elliott needs to lift

Post by RudeBoy »

Especially now that we have lost De Goey, we need WHE to lift his work rate and get to more contests. He is a silky player, with elite skills, but he was relatively quiet against the Cats (despite a couple of great moments) and he seems to have had only a moderate year, probably due to his interrupted pre-season. Whatever the reason, now is the time for him to shine. If he can increase his performance by 10-15 %, it will go a long way to help us winning a flag.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

Pencil him in for 3 preliminary final goals.
Est. 2002
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I think he's creating space for the others by taking his man to half forward and providing a foil.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Mihochek had a piss poor game v the Cats, he needs to atone with a 4 goa haul, in PF, he has been in peak form, he will hit back hard !!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

I think we could list Callum Brown too as one who needs to lift. Yes, does a few great things, but those great deeds are generally few and far between, and is barely noticeable during most of the games lately.
I find your lack of faith disturbing
buzzlightyear

Post by buzzlightyear »

Agree on the WHE call. You can add Josh Thomas to that as well. It’s been 12 months since he played well
Buzz
Looking for sweet 16.....
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

Piesnchess wrote:Mihochek had a piss poor game v the Cats, he needs to atone with a 4 goa haul, in PF, he has been in peak form, he will hit back hard !!
I disagree pnc. Sure, he didn't take many marks, but he was constantly crunched and double teamed, as he was our only tall forward. He put his body on the line everywhere he went and was hobbling badly in the 2nd quarter, but refused to let that stop him. I saw him favouring his left support leg when he took his set shot for goal in the 2nd quarter, and reckon that's why he missed the goal. If he'd kicked it, we would have been 42 pts up! If we play another tall forward, Mihocek will kick 3 goals in the prelim.