#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

E

Post by E »

K wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:...
It's pretty clear the Krouts rate him.
It's all about fashion. Because he is a "celebrity" guy, they all want him to see him. That doesn't mean he's bad. He could be good. And even if he's just mediocre, athletes could benefit from the placebo effect from his celebrity and the enormous bill for his services. But there is controversy about his practices. e.g. there's the usual stuff from other medicos about why doesn't he publish these methods if they're so good, and the usual response from his side that he's "too busy", etc.
its actually all about results. I'm not sure you can placebo a hamstring. Its either torn or its not.

People talk about Moore making shit up. I am certain that he wasnt making shit up. I am pretty certain he know how is muscles feel and knows when he is taking a chance and when he isnt. I am certain that in the regular season, his job is to make sure he doesnt do an 8 week hammy. And who are we to argue. For all the regular season frustration, there is a case he was the most important player on the ground in the second half of a final.

its like none of us knew Buckley was a good coach until it was obvious.
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Get back on top.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Bucks commented that the trip to Germany was a kind of "Hail Mary". I am an atheist, but if a temporary conversion to Catholicism is what it takes for a miracle to occur, and JDG returning to Australia ready to rumble for the GF, then I am up for it.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
E

Post by E »

Magpietothemax wrote:Bucks commented that the trip to Germany was a kind of "Hail Mary". I am an atheist, but if a temporary conversion to Catholicism is what it takes for a miracle to occur, and JDG returning to Australia ready to rumble for the GF, then I am up for it.
sometimes the hail mary pass is caught!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0vVqStvh_8
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

JDG just posted on Instagram he's just ticked off going for his first run.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

the fuzz wrote:JDG just posted on Instagram he's just ticked off going for his first run.
ohhhh......it just moved
bokka

Post by bokka »

Damien wrote:I’d take a 95% JDG over 100% several others. I think we’re looking at something more like 80% at best.
I dont' think it's so much whether he's at 95%, 80% etc. IL think anything above 80 or 85% is prob good.
IT's what is the chance of him suddenly going to 0% ?
RudeBoy
Been liked: 76 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Lock him in for the Grand Final.....no ifs, not buts, no maybes! 8)
BazBoy
Been liked: 31 times

Post by BazBoy »

Hope it works Jordan

Good luck young man
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
buzzlightyear

Post by buzzlightyear »

I tend to think the Germany visit is more about the future (2020) for Jordan, not making the GF. I know that's the spin to the media, but I seriously doubt JDG can really be impactful with 1.5 quarters of football in 2 months, even if his hamstrings are right to go and gets him thought the game.

If you listened to Jamie & Darcy about their experience this week, their treatment was more long term, rather than some magic dry needling that immediately fixed their issues.
Last edited by buzzlightyear on Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buzz
Looking for sweet 16.....
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

buzzlightyear wrote:I tend to think the Germany visit is more about the future (2020) for Jordan, not making the GF. I know that's the spin to the media, but I seriously doubt JDG can really be impactful with 1.5 quarters of football in 2 months, even if his hamstrings are right to go and gets him thought the game.

If you listened to Jamie & Darcy about their experience this week, their treatment was more long term, rather than some magic dry needling that immediately fixed their issues.
Michael Owen disagrees. He misses the euro 2000 tournament without treatment.
buzzlightyear

Post by buzzlightyear »

What'sinaname wrote:
buzzlightyear wrote:I tend to think the Germany visit is more about the future (2020) for Jordan, not making the GF. I know that's the spin to the media, but I seriously doubt JDG can really be impactful with 1.5 quarters of football in 2 months, even if his hamstrings are right to go and gets him thought the game.

Michael Owen disagrees. He misses the euro 2000 tournament without treatment.
Did he seek treatment 3 weeks out from playing?
Buzz
Looking for sweet 16.....
E

Post by E »

if it was really 2020, the timing of the trip makes no sense.

I think part ofd this is a hope he might come good, but i also think there is some gamesmanship going on.

I bet we wont rule him in or out of the grand final until very late in the piece, meaning our opponent will have to plan for him in the gamer and not in the game. The extra time this will take provides us with a marginal advantage and every advantage counts.
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

buzzlightyear wrote:If you listened to Jamie & Darcy about their experience this week, their treatment was more long term, rather than some magic dry needling that immediately fixed their issues.
Can't really compare the experiences of Jamie/Darcy to DeGoey's because they went with a different agenda. Jamie & Darcy didn't go over in the hope of getting up in a few weeks time - they went solely with the aim to be right for the next season. So it would've been a totally different program engineered by the 'fart.
I find your lack of faith disturbing
BazBoy
Been liked: 31 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right