#14 Darcy Cameron

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Streak wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:If Grundy goes down, our season goes to the shit. Darcy isn't going to be the answer.
We will see. You could have said exactly the same thing last year about our pickup of Roughead. Would you give Roughead back for anything?

AND the same can be said bout other teams, like, imagine Cats without Danger, Tigers with no Lynch, Eagles with no Kennedy, Dogs with no Bont, many teams have players they cannot do with out, during a long season, or for the whole season. Grundy is no more a risk, than any other superstar in the comp. fact. :?
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Cam wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:would have rathered us taking a punt on Jenkins
Ned Guy wasn't interested in him at all. For some reason.
He would have come with baggage, bit of a rep for snitching on teammates to media. There's more to that I won't go into here. Jenkins would be back up insurance anyway, and I suspect Bucks said a big no to it too having learnt our lesson from past trades (Lynch, White, Wells).
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Cam wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:would have rathered us taking a punt on Jenkins
Ned Guy wasn't interested in him at all. For some reason.
He would have come with baggage, bit of a rep for snitching on teammates to media. There's more to that I won't go into here. Jenkins would be back up insurance anyway, and I suspect Bucks said a big no to it too having learnt our lesson from past trades (Lynch, White, Wells).
The baggage bit sounds more likely. Could have become a cancer in the clubhouse.

Hopefully he brings down the Cats from the inside.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

RudeBoy wrote:Cameron is clearly there as a back up player for Grundy.

Reid is there as a back up player for Mihocek, Darcy Moore and possibly Roughead.

Hopefully Cameron and Reid remain VFL players throughout 2020.
I could see Cameron possibly going pass Cox
I am Da Man
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I couldn't. His highlights package doesn't show him taking a single one grab mark. He juggles all his marks, suggesting he lacks an essential skill for a tall forward/ruck. :cry:
BEAMER09
Been liked: 8 times

Post by BEAMER09 »

Let's hope that Darcy is insurance for Grundy if injured and not anything else...
COLLINGW09D
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Ned Guy spoke about Cameron briefly. The video is on the Club site (it is the "Aish is being defenestrated but we've put a safety harness on Tom Phillips" one, not the "trade wrap up"). It lasts about a minute. Watching it might save a fair quantity of speculative bandwidth on here. They like him as a "forward aerial target" and think he can also give Grundy a rest (he talks about Collingwood "getting our pound of flesh" out of Grundy).
skaman
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by skaman »

This could be a very shrewd move by Pies. Insurance IF (a very big IF), should Grundy accept an offer too good to refuse , post 2020. Drawn out contract negotiations in 2020 may be more tolerable , should Cameron show something. In Collingwood FC corner will be ..hey we have an adequate ruckman , come forward, and should Grunds go, we will lesson the blow and sign a super forward (Think Cameron GWS). Could be a win /win ???
( I think Grundy is fantastic. Don't get me wrong. Love the dude. Hope he stays. We just don't wanna be bent over...and I don't think we will. Have faith in Pies recruiting, strategy and forward thinking)
Enjoy yourself. Its later than you think!
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

What'sinaname wrote:Bucks says: Got to get Freo's main man (Nat Fyfe) to win a flag.
What happens: We recruit Chris Mayne.

Bucks says: Got to get Cameron. We'll win a flag with Darcy and Cameron in the team.
What happens: We recruit Darcy Cameron
Love it. Echoes Micky Molly when entrusted to organise the musical acts on the Late Show (this one still on of the great moments of Oz contemporary TV)
David White on lead....
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

The Other Darcy

Post by think better »

Nice article that highlights the improvement from Darcy Cameron (amongst others)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-20/ ... /100148544

Could be one of the better trade deals of recent years
I think therefore I think - I think
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Thanks T B.
He’s 25 and played 16 games of AFL. It wouldn’t be asking much for him to continue his improvement with every pre season.
He’s got a couple tools to work with, so a big pre season to help him get to more contests should set him up for best 22 selection more often than not.
He’s no superstar but at least we are a chance to be seen as winners from that trade.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I just reckon he could do with a bit more muscling up. A hamburger and chips diet, with a pre-season doing weights should do the trick!
E

Post by E »

could you imagine how good Grundy would be if he could mark like Cameron?
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

^ Can we imagine what salary D'Orazio would have demanded if he could?
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Going very nicely at the minute.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “