Interstate Trips : Where r they Heading?

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

LCM

Interstate Trips : Where r they Heading?

Post by LCM »

This is a question iv'e been waiting for people to answer.

Interstate Trips will they be a success this year?
Many people have said no
For the last year Kathy Simpson has Organised interstate trips, but she is no longer a committee member nor Interstate Organiser. A lot of people have said the club's prices r too high resulting in low numbers. I know this year My Family Nor Family Friends will be travelling interstate due to Recent Happenings and Events in the C/S

Please Post ur thoughts and participate in the Poll
MANY THANKS
Lcm
2004 The Year of The PIES!!!!!!!!
DidakinthePocket

Post by DidakinthePocket »

Thats sad to hear LCM.

Its really sad that some people in our wonderful club seem to only care about themselves and not the big picture.

Im not here to say someone was right, or someone was wrong, but WHY THE HELL CANT EVERYONE GET OVER IT???

So what if the politics of the cheersquad isnt to your liking. Why is that stopping you from following the club you supposidly love?

I urge all supporters, whether you are in the CS or not to unite as one and support the club. That is our job. Leave the politics up to Eddie, and the rest. Our job is to support our club NO MATTER WHAT.

And, in closing, just stop and think about those interstate supporters of this club. For people like me, I only get to see the pies play once a year live, the rest of the time i watch them on television.

This post isnt just aimed at you LCM, but to everyone who just wants to whinge and moan about the club. Just shut up and FOLLOW THEM.

If you dont want to go on interstate trips then ok dont. If its so expensive, then just get some tickets with Virgin Blue or Jetstar and travel, then stay in a 3 star motel somewhere in the city they are playing in.

Seriously EVERYONE. Get the hell over yourselves and FOLLOW THE #### CLUB!
ASCSA - Alice Springs Collingwood Supporters association - President and sole member
JLC

Post by JLC »

Exactly the whole reason people go interestate should be to support the club. If you dont go you are the person missing out and no one else.

Leave petty squabbles for clubs like StKilda

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
Joel

Post by Joel »

"Recent happenings in the cheersquad". Give em a break LCM. What was the point of this post? To try and stir up more trouble?

If you have a problem, and you don't think the trips will be success, go speak to whoever is in charge of doing them this year, and perhaps that person can address any issues you may raise.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Did you suggest to the club that perhaps the prices are a little too high. I think that they'd want to compete, and if you are going to take business elsewhere, then they'd be more than happy to hear what you have to say.
Dan 3:16

Post by Dan 3:16 »

LCM i think the trips won't be as good as it was in 2003
No one could do a better job than Kathy Simpson it a shame that she not doing it again this year.
We are black
We are white
We are bloody DYNAMITE

GO PIES
LCM

RE: INTERSTATE TRIPS

Post by LCM »

Re: Ur Replys
I am Uterly Disgusted in ur replys accusing me of sulking.
It is my true opinion that interstate trips will be abused and r now there to make money. Wat happened to the topic u all got on and abused it.
Atleast one Person has the guts to speak up.
Dan I am Glad to see someone knows the true story

DAN CHEERS LOL!
:wink:
Thnx
LCM
Geoffy Pie

Post by Geoffy Pie »

Joel. i think last year when the interstate were being organised, originally it was thought that the club would get us up there cheaply but that was not the case and they wouldn't move on the prices they offered and that's where Kathy Simpson came in and took it upon herself to organise it as cheaply as possible. so basically the club couldn't give a rats arse
Poor men wanna be rich
Rich men wanna be king
And a king ain't satisfed till he rules everything
LCM

Tarrant in the pocket

Post by LCM »

Tarrant in the pocket,
Where does it say im conplainin? huh?
I don't see it anywhere
Thats something that gets me goin where does it state : Lcm havin a whinge = NO WHERE

People don't always know wats behind the scences all the hard work and effort, fights arguments,pain the suffering, the nights at banner making that were as bad as they could get.
U people need to wake up and see wat really goes on behind the scenes
B4 u JUDGE PEOPLE STATEMENTS
THNX
Lcm
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

Well sometimes all it takes is a bit of organisation and knowledge to get a good deal.

For example, I got return flights for the Sydney match this year, $80 return.

There is no-one stopping anyone from shopping around. You can stay in youth hostels etc and get a great deal - sometimes better than anyone can organise trying to logistially find somewhere to put 100 people. You are not forced to go through the club etc to get yourself interstate.

A bit of ingenuity goes a long way...

Also -
People don't always know wats behind the scences all the hard work and effort, fights arguments,pain the suffering, the nights at banner making that were as bad as they could get.
U people need to wake up and see wat really goes on behind the scenes.
That may be your own experience - but there are a lot of other people that enjoy sitting in the cheersquad and getting involved - if you don't enjoy banner making etc it may be better to avoid the 'pain and suffering' and come to the matches and enjoy it for the FOOTBALL and forget trying to get involved 'behind the scenes' if it isn't for you. Not everyones evaluation of 'behind the scenes' may be as you see it. It is a cheersquad remember... maybe it may help just not to take it all so seriously!

Jen
HANDS OFF OUR JUMPER

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
zoia

Post by zoia »

why cant someone from the commitee take over wat cathy previously had done, im sure someone on the commitee could make time for that. Cathy did such a good job then they remove her i dont know why, so now that shes decided to not do the trips now, will anyone on the commitee step up and take her old role
Dan 3:16

Post by Dan 3:16 »

LCM behind the scenes no one sees because they choose not too open their eyes to see how does what!!! Prime example Kathy Simpson, Chrys Glitzos and other ppl. As you know Mick and i are considered by the club as puppets that we do the hard work with chris and other ppl that help us out behind the scene who never even got a thank you which does go a long way. As well as every-one forget that we are all volunteers

i would rather see you ppl travel interstate than not travel. cheaper is better

Well since i'v done a Diploma of business in advertising which invovles marketing if the price is cheaper more ppl will want to come than not want to come.
We are black
We are white
We are bloody DYNAMITE

GO PIES
cobood

Post by cobood »

I know this year I possibly wont be attending i/state trips... its not because of not being passionate about the Pies... but realisticaly its because I CAN'T AFFORD the price that the Club is asking...without the work of Kathy in her relentless efforts in chasing around the best possible price ( all inclusive I might add... tix accomodation and bus fare)so that all of us could afford to follow our beloved club i/state in excellent company and in comfort.... me and my family are unable to go.
Not everybody is a millionaire or has the time to go chasing around!
i think last year when the interstate were being organised, originally it was thought that the club would get us up there cheaply but that was not the case and they wouldn't move on the prices they offered and that's where Kathy Simpson came in and took it upon herself to organise it as cheaply as possible. so basically the club couldn't give a rats arse
Im in agreeance there Geoff...

and yea Paul you're right lets see who puts their hand up....

p.s my reasons have nothing to do with C/squad politics..
....Collingwood Forever....
....Premiers 2010/
LCM

Cobood: Exactly

Post by LCM »

Cobood,
Thats my point exactly i aint doin this to start trouble.I am truly tellin the FAQS. Cobood, Dan , Goeff, and I Were there we seen every little tantrum, every tiff, we seen great times but BAD times pass the account.
All im sayin here is Will anyone stand up and take the interstate trips on as Kathy did, There's no-one on the committee who could take on the stress and pain that Kathy did.

Thnx
Lcm :D
JLC

Post by JLC »

Well is quite simple if people think they can organise the trip cheaper than the club can, then they are more than welcome to do so. The club is merely providing an easy option for members of the cheersquad. If nobody goes on the clubs tour package then they will soon get the message that prices are too expensive.

Lets not forget that people in the cheersquad get the cheapest and best seats in the house each week. I dont hear anyone thanking the club for that?? I think overall the benefits far outweigh the negatives.

So i guess there is a little bit of give and take involved.

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.