Interstate Trips : Where r they Heading?

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

zoia

Post by zoia »

actualy i have thanked the club jlc for the way ive been looked after, so next time think carefully b4 wording ur bitching sessions
JLC

Post by JLC »

I dont recall taking aim at anyone. It was more the fact that a lot of the time only negatives are mentioned whereas there are so many positives happening.

I certainly would not waste my ammunition.

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
Peter

Here We Go Again!!

Post by Peter »

Why?? Why?? 4 days to go til banner making let the screaming and bitching begin...fair dinkum we are part of the best sporting club in Australia and we just continue to bitch and picker over petty things...yeah sure not all of us see the behind the scenes scenarios all the time...but you guys that get to be behind the scenes you don't no how lucky you are some times. Not going to get involved...there are enough troubles in the world. A bomb in span a war in Iraq...children starving...terrosit attacks.
Who is going to hold up the banner or orgainise a trip away fair dinkum lets get seroius!!!!
YESTERDAY is history
TOMORROW in a mystery
TODAY IS A GIFT
WHICH IS WHY WE CALL IT THE PRESENT
"Life is meant to be lived";LIVE FOR TODAY
DidakinthePocket

Post by DidakinthePocket »

All,

Firstly, please allow me to apoligise LCM. From your first post here, I thought you were trying to stir the shit bucket.

I understand the position supporters are in, but at the same time, why doesnt one of you put your hand up and organise the trip? I am organising our trip down for the St Kilda match, and its not really that hard. Its just a case of being a bit committed.

If someone is willing to put up their hand in Melbourne to organise a trip to Sydney then Im willing to mentor and assist in any way possible, but like I said, all it takes is for one person to put their hand up.

It doesnt need to be an official trip either. The reason its expensive to go through the club is because PEOPLE NEED TO BE PAID. Thats the bottom line.

That is the reason I am able to do a trip from Sydney to Melbourne staying at the IBIS motel in Melbourne with a coach for just 160 bucks. Because no one is getting paid outside the people who should be, I.E the bus company, ticketmaster and the motel.

The clubs packages are primarly for the top end of town. Thats because they give the club money. It doesnt take much for a person in Melbourne to take initiative and stand up and do a bus trip.

So, why dont you all encourage Kathy to stand up and do it again, or do it yourself or offer to help her. She obvisually knows what she is doing, and all it takes is committment.

For crying out loud, its time to get your s### togeather and organise your own trips.
ASCSA - Alice Springs Collingwood Supporters association - President and sole member
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

Speaking for myself, I would not take up organising interstate trips as I think the deals the club gives are fine for those who want everything organised for them.

Again, if you want cheaper you than more than welcome to pay and organise it yourself. This is what I do (and also because I can think of nothing worse than being on a bus...) and not really doing much sightseeing.

As posted previously, it is less than a week until the first bounce and the already the bagging has started again.

If YOU (and this is talking to everyone in the world, not one particular poster!) want something DONE then sometimes it is a case of DO IT YOURSELF. As stated, if I thought there was something wrong personally, I would be happy to volunteer to organise it. But again, I personally feel that the deals the club offers are adequate. And that is just my opinion.

If this is such a serious and pressing issue, type up something stating why you think the cheersquad should get discounted travel and propose it to the club and what you would want. And WHY. Why should the cheersquad get cheaper travel options etc. As with all these threads of a similar nature... you will get a lot further than posting on here if you speak straight to the club and do something constructive.

Sometimes it is just a case of put your posts where your mouth is and take action...

Jenelle
HANDS OFF OUR JUMPER

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

Actually, just on the interstate trips.

As it is getting expensive to travel - especially since there is a match in Perth this year (argh) may be it might be an idea if more of a function is organised for these interstate games for all of us who can't travel etc to all of them.

Would people feel more interested about doing something like that or do people love the chance to watch it in their jammies on the couch?

Hopefully by the time of the Freo match, OP would be in full swing too. :)

Jen
HANDS OFF OUR JUMPER

Floreat Pica
zoia

Post by zoia »

i would rather go to perth to see it IMO
LCM

Tarrant in the pocket

Post by LCM »

Tarrant in the pocket,
I accept ur apoligy and i am thankful to people that arnt taking this stuff as seriously as a war.The problem Here is Who has enough guts on the Committee to do this stuff. Some people think "Oh interstate trips how easy would they be"
But trust me i was in the middle of this last year and it aint no walk in the park. And For those people who think this is my "Bitch and Whinge" session try to see where im comin from here. Truley i dont care wat people think bout me. I Simply asked a simple question and it was "Interstate Trips? Where r they heading.

Thats my 2 cents worth
Thnx
Lcm :wink:
2004 The Year of The PIES!!!!!!!!
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

LCM - it is not a matter of 'guts' - if someone wants to do it then that is fine but there has to be a need for it at the same time - no-one else has posted on here about it until yourself.

Why don't you wait and see what happens hey? And in the meantime, why don't you voice your concerns to Cameron as well and let him know. No-one here has said "oh interstate trips how easy would that be". You are insinuating way too much in your posts.

Maybe it is a case of a team of people working together to organise the trips, but in the meantime, I personally will see your posts as a bitch and whinge because they have offered NO SUGGESTIONS constructively at all of how it may be planned this year.

Jen
HANDS OFF OUR JUMPER

Floreat Pica
JLC

Post by JLC »

Well i dont think it takes "guts" to organise an interstate trip. However one would think the people unstatisfied with the package the club has put together would be the people organising a better alternative.

One would think the other question could only be answered when people have returned from the trip?? Anything before hand are mere presumptions. Afterall the clubs package may cost more but the accomodation may be better and for some people they will find this better suited. The club may also have other things organised.

jlc
LCM

Janelle

Post by LCM »

Janelle,
This is no "Bitch and Moan" session of mine. With all due respect i think u have great Ideas and Everything and i respect u and all but i personally cant see the club with cheap prices or Group organisation. The Problem with the cheersquad is some of the Bitterness that people have for each-other. And Some people that may try to organise em r only doin it for the power and recognisation. I think the club should be more grateful towards its C/S members.A thank- you here and there.I think its about time they do.

Thnx
Lcm
"Not Bitchin and Moanin"
2004 The Year of The PIES!!!!!!!!
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

Well no offence LCM, but the club don't owe us anything.

Why should the Cheersquad get cheaper travel options than other supporters? If there is a need there, then the trips will be organised. I'm sure it will be bought up at the next committee meeting but until then don't worry - I'm sure you'll hear of updates.

On the other hand, there are obviously some people in the cheersquad that need to grow up and get with the real world and accept the fact that the Cheersquad is just a cheersquad and just enjoy the fact that we can watch the matches together.

IGNORE THE BITCHING AND THE BITTERNESS AND FORGET ABOUT THE PAST - THE MORE PEOPLE THAT DO THAT THE BETTER AND EVERYONE CAN JUST MOVE ON - IT IS SOOOOO BORING, IMMATURE AND PETTY !!!

Jen
HANDS OFF OUR JUMPER

Floreat Pica
hoggy

Post by hoggy »

magpie_1983 wrote:i would rather go to perth to see it IMO
Have fun in the bus then! :lol:
Barge
JLC

Post by JLC »

People must also remember that not everyone wants the cheapest option. Some people may be happy to pay a little extra and stay somewhere a bit nicer. Everyone is different in this regard and the club probably has the majority of members in mind.

Im sure a quick polite phone call to Cameron would resolve this issue quickly.

jlc
stik35

Post by stik35 »

Thats right JLC.

I went with on the bus trip to Sydney last year with the Cheersquad because it was the easiest option and I wanted to make sure I sat in the Cheersquad area at the game.
Kathy did a great job organising it and it was VERY cheap. $140

We were taken to our motel and transported to and from the game.

But it did mean 14 hours each way on the bus and the motel was very cramped.

You only get what you pay for.
If you bleed black and white you'll never walk alone.