The Malevolent Morrison Muppet Goverment

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:So now we've reduced leadership to a sham public display,.....
With respect, I think you’re the only one who’s reduced it.
With respect, bullshit.
Whachootalkin’about?

It wasn’t “with all due respect”
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

You're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -bushfires
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
watt price tully

“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Bushfires in October in 2013 and nary a mention of Climate Change
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

Scotty from marketing does it again :shock: :D :lol:

"How good's cricket?"

"...One (person) even asked if it was satire and said it couldn’t be real.
Another said, “I love cricket, but this is close to insane. Trying to mesh some enjoyable sport with a national disaster is pretty much madness”..

https://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/s ... fdc2042ac6

What an embarrassment.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

OMFG the man is a total moron! Talk about missing a sensitivity chip!

And he’s.......OUT!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Will be interesting to see if this moves the needle on the polling. I’ve long given up on trying to predict what will cause the Australian public to see him as the con artist he is. He’s already gotten this far, after all...
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

While I don't give either party my primary vote none of these 'gotcha' moment attempts would make me change their positions. I kind of snort in derision when I see SMH or The Guardian try and attack Morrison. If Howard was a father of the nation type then Morrison is the Daggy Dad of the Nation. When you attack the goofy dad you look like an arsehole. There are some seriously bad policies to latch on to but the left just wants to nail Morrison, we've seen it all with Abbot already, it's old and tired.

All Labor has to do to win things back is focus on the mass immigration policies of Morrison (huge 'legal' intake smokescreened behind being tough on refugee boats).

The equation is pretty simple, immigration drives down wages and lowers living standards by overwhelming existing infrastructure. Promise to take more refugees while slashing elective immigration and Labor wins.
watt price tully

Wokko wrote:While I don't give either party my primary vote none of these 'gotcha' moment attempts would make me change their positions. I kind of snort in derision when I see SMH or The Guardian try and attack Morrison. If Howard was a father of the nation type then Morrison is the Daggy Dad of the Nation. When you attack the goofy dad you look like an arsehole. There are some seriously bad policies to latch on to but the left just wants to nail Morrison, we've seen it all with Abbot already, it's old and tired.

All Labor has to do to win things back is focus on the mass immigration policies of Morrison (huge 'legal' intake smokescreened behind being tough on refugee boats).

The equation is pretty simple, immigration drives down wages and lowers living standards by overwhelming existing infrastructure. Promise to take more refugees while slashing elective immigration and Labor wins.
My quote above and link mto aticle was from that rabid left wing rag News.com.au :roll: :wink:

If you think Scotty from marketing is the daggy uncle think again. I didn't title the thread as I did for a quick laugh because he's benign; the reilgious nutters, fundamentalists miners, and other tax dodging f*ckheads get a free kick with this lot.
watt price tully

Catherine Murphy: You’ve done it again. Such a smart political writer nails it again:

“Some Political leaders find their natural authority in a crisis, not (Scotty from Marketing)”

“...The country has been treated to the discomfiting spectacle of Scott Morrison Slayer of strawberry saboteurs, master of the maximized crisis, reduced to a prime ministerial hologram in an actual one...”

https://www.theguardian.com/global/comm ... t-morrison

Nailed it in one.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

It will be interesting to see how Morrison works through the adverse media in the next 6-12 months. He's coped a caning, some of it deserved but a large amount not, and that can have a tipping point where it becomes counter productive.

The people who're still pissed that Labor lost the unloseable election are queued up for any opportunity to throw rocks at Morrison for any reason. He's provided a few recently, fair game, but what happens next will be what tells. Those on the left are good at piling onto a subject, they're not good at knowing when to stop. While the average punter tends to agree that Morrison is getting what's coming to him, they largely let it slide and even agree. Once it becomes a pecking party (ref: see 1 flew over the Cuckoo's nest) then it degenerates to farce and those not idealistically aligned switch from letting it go/tacitly agreeing to pushing back and calling bullshit, and the momentum shifts.

While Albo is milking the fires for every possible political opportunity like a Bill Shorten after a kilo of coke, I'll give it 3 months till normal transmission resumes.

I really hope Morrison calls an inquiry into the fires and focuses on ground fuel reduction and the alleged "greentape" hurdles put in place by councils that restrict reducing ground fuel. If he does, and the results come out as I expect, that will wipe out the Greens vote everywhere except their traditional heartland, inner city suburbs where the Environment is to be discussed not experienced.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

My thoughts exactly, some people seem to think he can just write a cheque for a few million and hand it over
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!