#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Ads7

Post by Ads7 »

K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by K »

Thanks for posting that, A7.

Niall is very experienced in managing players who have "special needs". (e.g. he's managed the two Hs before.)
Without him, there could be problems. If Carr enters the picture, the sky could fall in. (Not that I think that will happen.)

About being fat: did he run either of the 2km time trials this summer?
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 50 times

Post by warburton lad »

I find Robinson's articles very useful.

This one will be used to clean my barbecue.

The one before that is underneath where my chooks roost.

The one before that one was used to pick up dog faeces at the Mac Sparke Oval in Warburton....
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
K

Post by K »

Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I don’t normally go the rumour file route but I’m very confident of the source.
I had heard late last year that Cain Liddle ( Carlton C E O ) and DeGoey met in private during the second half of the 2019 season. Liddle also met with other players in private, so it wasn’t just DeGoey.
Silvagni was irate that list management activity was occurring without his consultation or input and Nial was equally disappointed that DeGoey was involved in a conversation with another club without his presence.

I believe Liddle instigated the meeting, not DeGoey.
The rest is history. Silvagni is gone ( Liddle had him in the gun anyway ) and Nial is no longer DeGoeys manager. DeGoey is now looking for his third manager when most players will retain the same manager ( unless it was initially Nixon :) throughout their entire career. You can make of that what you will.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Achilles

Post by Achilles »

Just how overweight is he?
K

Post by K »

Eddie:

“At the same time, we don’t want people coming back looking like Mick Nolan. But is it that big a deal when you’ve got three months of full-time training to get yourself right at 24 years of age?

“Steven May last year turned up looking more like me than you and it didn’t help his cause last year, did it?”

(His second question answered his first!)
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

May is 28
stui magpie
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by stui magpie »

Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

This is a story we've seen before - a young, supremely talented footballer, torn between having good times with his mates and the rigorous demands of being a professional footballer. I am thinking Swanny, Dusty, Heater, Dids, but I'm sure there's been quite a few others.

I believe it's primarily a maturation thing, which will either come sooner or later. Hope for the Pies' sake, it's sooner. :wink:
think positive
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

god, that puts a cold knife of fear down my back.

ill be more than a little pissed if he doesnt get his very expensive act together.

On the Howe thing, gees it was a bucks night, not the wedding, did he go to a family function and then out? thats a very different story if its what played out?

I hope Degoey takes less time than Swan to get it right. and i beleive hes more talented, mainly because his body shape is so much more suited, and God i loved Dane Swan!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

warburton lad wrote:I find Robinson's articles very useful.

This one will be used to clean my barbecue.

The one before that is underneath where my chooks roost.

The one before that one was used to pick up dog faeces at the Mac Sparke Oval in Warburton....
I have a better use for Robinson's newspaper articles.

I like reading them in the smallest room in the house.

After I read them they finish up behind me where they belong.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Am actually sick of JDG "Groundhog Day" every Pre-season coming back unfit, lying and drink driving. I'm sure there is merit in the story and all I can say to Ned Guy is offer him "less" than his last 2 year deal of $750,000/year. In fact do what the Tigers did to Dustin Marin in 2013 and offer him $400,000.

To retain players on big deals needs to be commensurate with their year in year out performances. Grundy: double All Oz and Copeland recipient, Steele similar, Pendles 6 X All Oz and 5 times B&F. JDG and Darcy Moore NONE OF THE ABOVE!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by neil »

Slobbo has always stuck the knife into Collingwood players wont talk to him
assume everything he says is bullshit
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
themonk

Post by themonk »

inxs88 wrote:Am actually sick of JDG "Groundhog Day" every Pre-season coming back unfit, lying and drink driving. I'm sure there is merit in the story and all I can say to Ned Guy is offer him "less" than his last 2 year deal of $750,000/year. In fact do what the Tigers did to Dustin Marin in 2013 and offer him $400,000.

To retain players on big deals needs to be commensurate with their year in year out performances. Grundy: double All Oz and Copeland recipient, Steele similar, Pendles 6 X All Oz and 5 times B&F. JDG and Darcy Moore NONE OF THE ABOVE!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: