#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

So why is JDG named and the other guy charged not named?
BEAMER09
Been liked: 8 times

Post by BEAMER09 »

stui magpie wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:TIME for Ed and Bucks to RESIGN...pathetic
Why?

The allegation goes back to 2015, it was investigated by Vic Police and the AFL in 2018 (which is hardly covering things up) and now clearly something new had come to light and the Police have decided to press charges.

What's pathetic?
Under Bucks since 2012 in cotton wool lead by Eddie with player misdemeanors by Thomas & L Keefe, Jordan DeGoey x 3, Sam Murray, Jaidyn Stephenson, Brayden Sier, Steele S, L. Dunn and Eddie x many (lost count). And now we have this from JDG and he continued to eff up in the coming years, the pending situation with Heritier, and Eddie again prior to Steele covid-19 where he said players should be fined $100k and suspended for the year so why didn't he do that to Steele?

(When Steele get's into trouble - something is not right at this club!!!)

That is an impressive record for an AFL club that is not matched by any other club.

Have been saying for a few years now it's Collingwood Culture - why are we surprised as nothing changes under this leadership.

If not pathetic, what would you call it? unlucky?, bad luck? they hate us?, they are after us? we sell papers?, good for TV ratings? what...?

The only good thing is that they haven't blamed Collingwood for covid-19!!!
COLLINGW09D
Achilles

Post by Achilles »

So, will he be able to play?
Adz

Post by Adz »

Unsubstantiated smearing. It wasn’t too long ago everyone was quick to condemn Geoffrey Rush and John Jarrett. How’d they turn out ?
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Beamer09 you just listed 8 years of history. I can tell you for a fact other clubs have had just as many, if not more, as us but it never saw the light of day. You know why, Eddie’s a big fat target, our club gets more attention than everyone else (and the AFL etc uses that to get max media coverage). It is what it is. But what I can say, knowing a few other players, is tat it’s an AFL wide issue not limited to collingwood and we’re no better or worse than other clubs. Better in fact, despite what the media says. Bloody he’ll, the stuff that went on at Hawthorn during the Buddy years makes us look like Boy Scouts.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by K »

stui magpie wrote:
K wrote:
stui magpie wrote:... the Club obviously got on the front foot, naming him in a statement before the media could.
No, they didn't. The statement came after the media reports.
The statement on the Club website or the ones they gave the media?
Both.
Sicks Bux

Post by Sicks Bux »

Right. So when I go to work this week I'll be telling the trolls that I'm not going to provide a running commentary on an active investigation.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Dear God,this is like a recurring nightmare.It always seems like the club is under constant siege,Are we recruiting the wrong players,or is there something wrong with the culture at Collingwood?Anyway,we should all remember that a person is innocent until proven guilty,and that should apply in this case as well.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Btw can the thread title be changed to indecent assault, that’s what he is actually charged with.
The General
Has liked: 3 times

Post by The General »

doriswilgus wrote:Dear God,this is like a recurring nightmare.It always seems like the club is under constant siege,Are we recruiting the wrong players,or is there something wrong with the culture at Collingwood?Anyway,we should all remember that a person is innocent until proven guilty,and that should apply in this case as well.
I am pretty sure that didn't apply in this forum whenever Steven Milne's name was mentioned.
Leggie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Leggie »

He'll be ok.
Bring Back Tranquilli
BEAMER09

Post by BEAMER09 »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Beamer09 you just listed 8 years of history. I can tell you for a fact other clubs have had just as many, if not more, as us but it never saw the light of day. You know why, Eddie’s a big fat target, our club gets more attention than everyone else (and the AFL etc uses that to get max media coverage). It is what it is. But what I can say, knowing a few other players, is tat it’s an AFL wide issue not limited to collingwood and we’re no better or worse than other clubs. Better in fact, despite what the media says. Bloody he’ll, the stuff that went on at Hawthorn during the Buddy years makes us look like Boy Scouts.
I don't disagree with you and likely you are right but something has to change.

We are all frustrated with these Collingwood events year on year.
COLLINGW09D
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Beamer, I I know mate it’s just crushing year after year. It’s never gonna change, even when eddie’s gone.
BEAMER09

Post by BEAMER09 »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Beamer, I I know mate it’s just crushing year after year. It’s never gonna change, even when eddie’s gone.
The only way to make an old house look good again is to renovate it!!!
COLLINGW09D
stui magpie
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by stui magpie »

K wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
K wrote: No, they didn't. The statement came after the media reports.
The statement on the Club website or the ones they gave the media?
Both.
Yeah nah, but try again
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.