#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

...and to throw more petrol on the flames, the HSun is reporting that because he had to report to a police station today, JDG will have to complete two negative Corona Virus test results before being allowed to return to the team. This could put him in doubt for the game against Hawthorn. Maybe in some ways a good thing, as there is no way of knowing how he will play from now on
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Heater_39

How on earth do we get Jordan de Goey to Sydney b4 Friday?

Post by Heater_39 »

As far as I can see it, we have a huge problem, with getting Jordan de Goey to Sydney before Friday night.

As we know he will need to return 2 negative Covid19 tests. I am hoping that he will of had one today and think that there would need to be a two day break before his next test. This means that his next test would take place on Monday/Tuesday. The results would be back Wednesday/Thursday.

Apparently our plane leaves for Sydney either tomorrow or Monday.

Maybe there is an option to drive but I don't know if he currently has his drivers license and even if he does, there's probably every chance the NSW Premier will close to border to all Victorians on the back of the 108+ cases recorded in Victoria today.

In terms of getting a club member to drive him, I don't think that is even possible with the 2 hour limit with a person rule.

This season seems so flawed and maybe I've looked too much into it, but I am sick of losing to Hawthorn and we need to have Jordan playing this week!

Does anyone know the turnaround time for Covid tests etc?
makri

Post by makri »

Just thankful this is not the NRL, if it was, he would be stood down pending the finalisation of any court action.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

doriswilgus wrote:Anyway,we should all remember that a person is innocent until proven guilty,and that should apply in this case as well.
This is a fairly pertinent point doris!!! Just because he's been charged doesn't mean he is guilty or will be convicted. See the case of Majak Daw!!!!

Also, this has very little to do with Collingwood culture. JDG must have been 18 or 19 when this happened and so he would've just only entered the system. So, there is no way that one year at any club could over -ride the influences of the previous 18 or 19 in governing a young person's behaviour at that point in life.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I have an amount of sympathy ( not much but an amount ) for DeGoey in this instance. He wouldn’t be the first bighead who pushed boundaries as a teenager and then had the penny drop somewhere around the early / mid 20s.
If DeGoey can get through the rest of his footy career without any FUTURE negative headlines, then that would suggest a reasonable amount of growth from the early days.
Like most things in life, time will tell but I’m not to going to hang him in the now for something he did long in the past.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Heater_39 wrote:As far as I can see it, we have a huge problem, with getting Jordan de Goey to Sydney before Friday night.

As we know he will need to return 2 negative Covid19 tests.e to border to all Victorians on the back of the 108+ cases recorded in Victoria today.

Does anyone know the turnaround time for Covid tests etc?
I think it depends to some extent on how urgent they are.

Couldn't Eddie arrange a helicopter ride direct to the ground ( similar to Peter Hudson arriving at Waverly Park :lol: )
Born to Pie
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

Might have to change 2020 to 1313 or 666
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
Heater_39

Post by Heater_39 »

The Age’s Michael Gleeson reporting that de Goey won’t play against Hawthorn on Friday night. If that is true, we are absolutely screwed.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by ANNODAM »

As if we were ever gonna beat Hawthorn...

Now that is funny!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Heater_39 wrote:The Age’s Michael Gleeson reporting that de Goey won’t play against Hawthorn on Friday night. If that is true, we are absolutely screwed.
Yeah, just saw the article. He says that JDG won't be catching the plane to Sydney. The process of getting two negative results, assuming it started today, (which surely it did) could take 4 days, which is Wednesday to complete, I am guessing. Maybe we can pay for an express delivery COVID test ?
If we could delay the plane to Thursday night, maybe then he could make it?
Then again, how would he play under such circumstances?
Knowing us, we will take the conservative approach and not even attempt to get him on the plane to Sydney.
It will be very interesting to face an inform Hawthorn without Howe, Sidey and JDG. I am not optimistic about the prospects for success.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Adz

Post by Adz »

Has been ruled out for this week.
BEAMER09
Been liked: 8 times

Post by BEAMER09 »

PyreneesPie wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:Anyway,we should all remember that a person is innocent until proven guilty,and that should apply in this case as well.
This is a fairly pertinent point doris!!! Just because he's been charged doesn't mean he is guilty or will be convicted. See the case of Majak Daw!!!!

Also, this has very little to do with Collingwood culture. JDG must have been 18 or 19 when this happened and so he would've just only entered the system. So, there is no way that one year at any club could over -ride the influences of the previous 18 or 19 in governing a young person's behaviour at that point in life.
OK, JDG was 18/19 or thereabouts when this occurred. Young and coming into the AFL system BUT yet he has managed a further 3 incidents since that time if I'm correct...culture?
COLLINGW09D
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Beamer09 you’re assuming JDG is guilty! We don’t even know what the incident was, and there’s another bloke charged too. This could be like the Beams rape saga, where he did nothing wrong but his name was dragged through the mud because he was there at the party and he’s at a famous club and it got attention to get the culprit who did do it, otherwise it probably would have gone nowhere and the guilty individual never charged.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by K »

stui magpie wrote:
K wrote:
stui magpie wrote: The statement on the Club website or the ones they gave the media?
Both.
Yeah nah, but try again
Yeah, yeah. What makes you think it's not? What was the time of the club's statement?
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by K »