#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Fino

Post by Fino »

Decent enough write up.
BEAMER09
Been liked: 8 times

Post by BEAMER09 »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Beamer09 you’re assuming JDG is guilty! We don’t even know what the incident was, and there’s another bloke charged too. This could be like the Beams rape saga, where he did nothing wrong but his name was dragged through the mud because he was there at the party and he’s at a famous club and it got attention to get the culprit who did do it, otherwise it probably would have gone nowhere and the guilty individual never charged.
Sorry mate but I'm not assuming and understand innocent until proven BUT my point was that another 3 incidents have occurred since then.
COLLINGW09D
think positive
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

BEAMER09 wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:Anyway,we should all remember that a person is innocent until proven guilty,and that should apply in this case as well.
This is a fairly pertinent point doris!!! Just because he's been charged doesn't mean he is guilty or will be convicted. See the case of Majak Daw!!!!

Also, this has very little to do with Collingwood culture. JDG must have been 18 or 19 when this happened and so he would've just only entered the system. So, there is no way that one year at any club could over -ride the influences of the previous 18 or 19 in governing a young person's behaviour at that point in life.
OK, JDG was 18/19 or thereabouts when this occurred. Young and coming into the AFL system BUT yet he has managed a further 3 incidents since that time if I'm correct...culture?
what three incidents are you referring to?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Disgraceful

Post by Hiss »

It disgusts decent people that our putrid sex obsessed media report that people are charged with serious offences even though the law presumes them innocent until otherwise proven to the contrary. Unfortunately most dumb people simply assume someone charged must be guilty . Furthermore innocent people can spend a very long time in jail and have their lives ruined awaiting for an ultimate innocent verdict. A footballer can suffer life changing mental health issues and career ending form while a matter proceeds through the Courts. We are seeing too many historical charges being thrown out which begs a question about the Government and its servants. Of course we cannot comment on any specific cases. I make reference to the matters being already dealt with. We should support our players and always say a prayer for them in their difficult times.
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
stui magpie
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by stui magpie »

BEAMER09 wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:Beamer09 you’re assuming JDG is guilty! We don’t even know what the incident was, and there’s another bloke charged too. This could be like the Beams rape saga, where he did nothing wrong but his name was dragged through the mud because he was there at the party and he’s at a famous club and it got attention to get the culprit who did do it, otherwise it probably would have gone nowhere and the guilty individual never charged.
Sorry mate but I'm not assuming and understand innocent until proven BUT my point was that another 3 incidents have occurred since then.
3 sex related incidents or are you referring to the drink driving and dog ate my finger incidents?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Adz wrote:Unsubstantiated smearing. It wasn’t too long ago everyone was quick to condemn Geoffrey Rush and John Jarrett. How’d they turn out ?

My thoughts exactly, and the Jarrett one went back FORTY BLOODY YEARS, how the hell can somenone wait that long, then come out with totally unsubstanciated claims, ?? there should be a statute of limitations on this stuf, its getting way out of control now, seems to be the new in thing.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by shawthing »

BEAMER09 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:TIME for Ed and Bucks to RESIGN...pathetic
Why?

The allegation goes back to 2015, it was investigated by Vic Police and the AFL in 2018 (which is hardly covering things up) and now clearly something new had come to light and the Police have decided to press charges.

What's pathetic?
Under Bucks since 2012 in cotton wool lead by Eddie with player misdemeanors by Thomas & L Keefe, Jordan DeGoey x 3, Sam Murray, Jaidyn Stephenson, Brayden Sier, Steele S, L. Dunn and Eddie x many (lost count). And now we have this from JDG and he continued to eff up in the coming years, the pending situation with Heritier, and Eddie again prior to Steele covid-19 where he said players should be fined $100k and suspended for the year so why didn't he do that to Steele?

(When Steele get's into trouble - something is not right at this club!!!)

That is an impressive record for an AFL club that is not matched by any other club.

Have been saying for a few years now it's Collingwood Culture - why are we surprised as nothing changes under this leadership.

If not pathetic, what would you call it? unlucky?, bad luck? they hate us?, they are after us? we sell papers?, good for TV ratings? what...?

The only good thing is that they haven't blamed Collingwood for covid-19!!!
I said on Friday night there;s a culture problem at Collingwood. This has happened far too often under Eddie and Buck's watch. Time the board asked both for their resignations I think.
BEAMER09
Been liked: 8 times

Post by BEAMER09 »

think positive wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote: This is a fairly pertinent point doris!!! Just because he's been charged doesn't mean he is guilty or will be convicted. See the case of Majak Daw!!!!

Also, this has very little to do with Collingwood culture. JDG must have been 18 or 19 when this happened and so he would've just only entered the system. So, there is no way that one year at any club could over -ride the influences of the previous 18 or 19 in governing a young person's behaviour at that point in life.
OK, JDG was 18/19 or thereabouts when this occurred. Young and coming into the AFL system BUT yet he has managed a further 3 incidents since that time if I'm correct...culture?
what three incidents are you referring to?
1. Dog
2. 0.095
3. Driving while license susp / mobile use
COLLINGW09D
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

if its anything like the Milne thing dobber tevt will blow up at the MCG
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
billy_picken25

Statute of limitations , not applicable

Post by billy_picken25 »

Piesnchess wrote:
Adz wrote:Unsubstantiated smearing. It wasn’t too long ago everyone was quick to condemn Geoffrey Rush and John Jarrett. How’d they turn out ?

My thoughts exactly, and the Jarrett one went back FORTY BLOODY YEARS, how the hell can somenone wait that long, then come out with totally unsubstanciated claims, ?? there should be a statute of limitations on this stuf, its getting way out of control now, seems to be the new in thing.

Innocent until proven guilty, he seems to have a history of poor decision making.

I hope you have heard of the "The Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse was a royal commission established in 2013 by the Australian government pursuant to the Royal Commissions Act 1902 to inquire into and report upon responses by institutions to instances and allegations of child sexual abuse in Australia." There is no statute of limitations, seems the allegation been in process for a couple of years.
"Go Pies"
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Thanks for the link dalyc. A very interesting read and indeed, a different perspective.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 120 times

Susie O'Brien on De Goey

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Heater_39

Post by Heater_39 »

Wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Adz wrote:Prediction; we won’t win again until August
Or not!!!!