What made you sad today?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

ronrat wrote:When I broke my arm a tomboy friend of my girlfriend drove me everywhere. Boom and Oi wcalled in some sort of sauna crap ;ast weekend and Boom left to get a drink and came back and Oi was dead. About 30 with a 6 month son whop wa a result of a rape. Oi was a tomboy but a ripper . Been crying for 2 days.

RIP Oi
That’s terribly sad RR sincere condolences. :( Look after yourself and Boom

Vale Oi
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Hey Ron, take care of yourself . I hope you're keeping well despite all the challenges.

When and if you feel up to it, I'd be grateful if you could provide more detail into WTF actually happened to Oi. I'm not sure what relevance her being a Tomboy has but my brain struggles to compute the concept of I leave a mate to go buy a drink, come back and they're dead. How does/did that work and did anything happen?

If you don't want to or can't for any reason, fully understand, no pressure. I'm just seriously curious, sorry for asking.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

stui magpie wrote:Hey Ron, take care of yourself . I hope you're keeping well despite all the challenges.

When and if you feel up to it, I'd be grateful if you could provide more detail into WTF actually happened to Oi. I'm not sure what relevance her being a Tomboy has but my brain struggles to compute the concept of I leave a mate to go buy a drink, come back and they're dead. How does/did that work and did anything happen?

If you don't want to or can't for any reason, fully understand, no pressure. I'm just seriously curious, sorry for asking.
Coronial inquiry to come. I nursed a 6 month old baby at the temple last night who will never know his Mum. Thank you who have sent regards. I look at a photo on my wall of one D Millane. Make the most of your life folks.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by think positive »

poor baby, where will he go?

take care mate
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

Jo the little fella now has about 100 aunties. He will go with his grandma who I reckon is about 50. The arsehole who raped her got off because he owns a block of buildings and paid off the cops, I gave some money for food for the mourners last night. Her girlfriend will help out and I suppose every now and then I will help out as I have nieces with kids older and can get clothes etc. Thats if I am ever allowed back home.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Cheers Ron.

Take care of yourself, don't be a hero and don't take on guilt for shit you didn't do/can't control.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Very sorry for your loss, RR.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by think positive »

ronrat wrote:Jo the little fella now has about 100 aunties. He will go with his grandma who I reckon is about 50. The arsehole who raped her got off because he owns a block of buildings and paid off the cops, I gave some money for food for the mourners last night. Her girlfriend will help out and I suppose every now and then I will help out as I have nieces with kids older and can get clothes etc. Thats if I am ever allowed back home.
gees mate....no words

but your a really good guy xxx take care
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Sounds shocking RR. Simply terrible. Take care.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

My mum passed away peacefully last night.

I will be eternally grateful that my medical colleagues enabled me to be with her even in full PPE ( small discomfort) to hold her hand as she took her last breath.

She fought hard for a long time but it was her time - the head knows that the heart is broken.

Vale mum :cry:
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
KenH

Post by KenH »

So sorry to hear Morrigu, glad you got to spend the last moments together.

Look after yourself!
Cheers big ears
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

There is nothing useful I can add, Morrigu. I am very sorry for your loss and you have my condolences. It is very good to know you were able to be with your Mum at the end.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Morrigu wrote:My mum passed away peacefully last night.

I will be eternally grateful that my medical colleagues enabled me to be with her even in full PPE ( small discomfort) to hold her hand as she took her last breath.

She fought hard for a long time but it was her time - the head knows that the heart is broken.

Vale mum :cry:
So terribly sorry to hear Morrigu. Condolences to you and your family. Vale your Mum.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

Sad news, Susan. I'm thinking of you.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!