#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

actually i need to do that to make it more pinchable!!!!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

^ hahaha.....love it!!!!!
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Last edited by David on Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Sicks Bux

Post by Sicks Bux »

Now poor old Bruce McAvaney has been caught up in this shit storm and had to apologise. He must've been horrified when realized the position he'd put himself in. Cue the Curb Your Enthusiasm music.
David

Post by David »

Eh. He handled the apology well (and it was reasonable to apologise, even though he obviously meant no malice), and isn’t facing any further blowback over it. Not really a big deal.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Sicks Bux

Post by Sicks Bux »

I spoke with a few women today who weren't so relaxed about it. Personally I feel like I should avoid conversations about this sort of stuff at work because I feel like I'm walking through a minefield. But on the other hand the idea of going to work everyday and talking about nothing but work and 'work appropriate' topics seems excruciating. Can't wait until I retire and don't have to worry about getting crucified for something I said.
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

think positive wrote:thats ridiculous,

a girdfiend sneaked up and pinched my bum in the shops today, i thought my luck had changed...
Yes, but if I did that to a woman I worked with... I'd be sacked. And unemployable in my current field.

He should be able to work until convicted, like most members of the public. Then pay the penalty if he is guilty and continue to work after, if he's not guilty he hasn't been punished unnecessarily. However some jobs would stand you down if there is a special side to them like law and order or working with children for example [depending on the charges].
Get back on top.
think positive
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

absolutely to all of it
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by Piesnchess »

think positive wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Yeh, i was rapt in his five goals last night, tremendous effort, won us the game, but as soon as i mentioned it on twitter, how happy i was, a bloody Richmond fan reminded me he has these allegations to answer for, no real recognition of a great game, unreal. Naturally, i reminded them of Dusty and his indiscretions, like the infamous chop stick incident, those in glass houses, etc.
Stay away from Big Footy then.

To be fair, I can see the other side of the argument. In some cases, when a charge this serious is levelled, you could argue that the person is stood down on full pay until the case is concluded.

But my reply to these fools has been these simple words....SALTY MUCH
this serious? what was it? we dont know, we shouldnt know, how about we wait and see?

as for big footy, the Geelong supporters were going for it, and a Carlton supporter said " all these Geelong supporters going on about DeGoey, and yet they still worship a guy who told a 20 year old girl heroin was cocaine, and that girl died whilst still with him. " and 1 cat said fair point.

now lets take a look at that panel should we? Wayne Carey, rooting the wife of a team mate while at the same party as said team mate, how many times has he been charged with spousal battery? didnt he smash a glass in a girls face? A still highly regarded ex swan apparently paid a girl off, as did an ex saint. not hard to find the names if you want to look.

I have absolutely no time for anyone who commits a sexual crime against either sex, but ****, we have no idea what he did! All i have heard is he wrote a letter apologising for something he said to the victim. Shit id hang him out to dry for his drink driving before that. how about we just wait and see?

Well said TP, its like the actor Geoffrey Rush, he was hauled thru shit, nearly ruined his career, false allegations, he sued the Daily Tele over it and won. And other aussie actor john jarret, he got accused of allegations that went back FORTY YEARS,how he friggin hell can u accuse someone after forty long yrs ???? This is all too common now, there has to be a statute of limitations on this stuff, fair enough if they allegation is swift and prompt, reported, and if the guy is guilty, then do the time. But as u say, Jordon was found to have nothing to answer for five yrs ago, by the cops and the League, so whats all this fuss about ? anyway, hes innocent till proven otherwise thats a fact. :?
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

If he pleads guilty they can launch a civil suit for suffering even if his criminal suit penalty is minor. Not that I'm a lawyer, but that is something a lawyer might go after. Rightly or wrongly.
Get back on top.
David

Post by David »

Dark Beanie
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

It would interesting to see if these people made the same comments about Majak Daw when he was charged with a similar offence.

Jessica O’Halloran has written an article in The Australian criticising the AFL for allowing DeGoey to play but I can’t seem to find anything from her regarding other players eg. Majak Daw.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

In Ch 7's The Best Stuff highlights of the Round, there was no DeGoey highlights included.

The tide has turned. The outraged have won and I suspect JDG wont play again until after his case is heard.

The AFL will come out in the next few weeks, either publicly or perhaps privately to Collingwood and make sure he doesn't play.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

That’s reading an awful lot into Channel 7’s decision not to include him in a highlights package ^.The A.F.L set the precedent when they allowed Daw and Milne to play when they were facing the far more serious charge of rape.They could hardly ban DeGoey now for something that may not lead to a conviction or even go to court.The only reason the Twitterverse was outraged by DeGoey playing the other night was because he helped us win the game.If he had done nothing in the game and we’d lost,people wouldn’t have cared whether he played or not.It just shows you the hypocrisy of your average football fan.
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

But you haven't factored in the Collingwood tax.

Also don't underestimate the impact the AFL has on Ch 7. I am sure the directive would have been don't show highlights of DeGoey. Why else would you now show a highlight of the most important players on the night?