What made you sad today?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

It sure is mate, xxx cheers
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Rod and his sisters let me take a turn to visit today, I spent 2 hours with my FIL, it was a shock to see him, I had a garden visit with him just 2 weeks ago, he was walking and knocked back the 2 jim Beams I gave him. His remaining kidney is at 30%, and he looked jaundiced to me so I guess his liver is struggling too. 90 is a good age I know, but still.. if this is it at least I got to say goodbye. I made him laugh, talking about his pain in the butt missus, and I told him the doggies beat the Maggie’s in the grand final! His only question, how did Buckley play! He says I always liked Buckley, damn good player! Cheers Bill, your one in a million.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Took Mum out from her Aged Care Facility for coffee this morning before going to work this arvo.

Wow, the memory ( as you’d expect with Alzheimer’s) is getting worse. She forgot Mrs WPT & I took her out Monday week ago ( although she recalled she had some calamari but was unable to contextualise it) she remembered Mrs WPT taking her to get her hair done last Saturday but didn’t recall that I took her to get a “facial” two days beforehand.

It’s a terrible affliction. Hard seeing ur Mum decline like that. At the same time she’s still got some things intact and can talk about a lot of things but she doesn’t want to paint ( she was a pretty good painter) still does some crochet
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

My nan when she moved out for a few months told us we could not throw out the bookcases in the back room because Grandpa bought them and we can’t get rid of anything he bought. When she came back she’s complaining about those bookcases saying they were never there before she left...

However, she is complaining that we got rid of a green bookcase. In the 34 years I’ve been alive I’ve never seen a green bookcase in her house yet shes adamant there was and we threw it out.

She’s probably at the stage she should be in a home but that will be an impossible task.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

I walked down to the Town Beach this morning and had a swim. Yesterday it was chockers with campers, 2/3 of those have now left and most of the rest were packing up.

Yesterday you couldn't get a parking spot in the main street, this morning you could fire a cannon up there.

The economy of the town relies on the tourist trade, so sad to see.

At least the population is increasing, demand for houses is exceeding supply as more people seek to escape Stalag Melbourne.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

An update on the crazy old woman, had all the assessments done via Telehealth over the last week.

She’s still trying to tell them she cooks, cleans, does her own washing and showers herself and needs no help...
think positive

Post by think positive »

sounds like a husband
watt price tully

eddiesmith wrote:An update on the crazy old woman, had all the assessments done via Telehealth over the last week.

She’s still trying to tell them she cooks, cleans, does her own washing and showers herself and needs no help...
So why are you getting her assessed when she’s so capable and competent?
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

think positive wrote:sounds like a husband
think positive

Post by think positive »

I think we married the same man!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive

Post by think positive »

LOL!!

i dont do men in lycra!!
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote:LOL!!

i dont do men in lycra!!
I actually LOL'd. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc1am3KyYgA
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

think positive wrote:LOL!!

i dont do men in lycra!!
You don’t have to wear Lycra
watt price tully

The family in Tullamarine: hugely sad and distressing.