#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

David wrote:Who knows, maybe the pandemic was all a ploy to get one over the Pies too. ;)
Don't give them ideas!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Lawyers here would know more than I do but can’t DeGoey adjourn the case if the set date wasn’t suitable for him? Surely he can request an extension to better prepare his defence? Use the legal system for your own benefit.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 76 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Lazza wrote:Lawyers here would know more than I do but can’t DeGoey adjourn the case if the set date wasn’t suitable for him? Surely he can request an extension to better prepare his defence? Use the legal system for your own benefit.
I think he is likely to want it all dealt with asap.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Lazza wrote:Lawyers here would know more than I do but can’t DeGoey adjourn the case if the set date wasn’t suitable for him? Surely he can request an extension to better prepare his defence?
The prosecution haven't even presented their brief of evidence yet... This hearing was always going to be an adjournment. I would expect the next hearing will be a committal hearing, the actual trial (if it goes ahead) will be yet later again. So there are no grounds or need to request an extension and as mentioned what would be better is for the committal to be brought forward, not delayed further
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 120 times

Update on De Goey court case

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Swanny2011
Been liked: 1 time

Update on De Goey court case

Post by Swanny2011 »

Yes saw this but also noted.
"No details of the allegations were aired to the court, but magistrate John Bentley said it was “a factual dispute”. Mr Hargreaves said a police summary of the allegations was “not accepted”.

No idea what that exactly means and who is disputing it, but as in all court cases it will likely be drawn out
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Hargreaves is De Goey’s lawyer. I could be wrong, but my reading of that excerpt is simply that the defence and prosecution are in disagreement about what actually occurred, which is presumably pretty standard in criminal trials.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Dr Goey’s mate was also charged, so this could be a Beams situation where the famous footballer is named to ensure action is taken against the other guy. Who knows,

And yeah, Dr Goey... I can’t be bothered correcting autocorrect
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 11 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

A factual dispute *usually* means a guilty plea from the defendant but the details are disputed, in which case (if the prosecution and defense can’t come to an agreement) the judge will hear from witnesses (from both sides) to determine exactly what occurred, but without the need to determine guilt which has already been admitted. However in the case of co-accused it *might* mean that De Goey agrees the assault occurred but he disputes the extent severity of his role in it
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

^ Thanks for the clarification, Rd10. That would make sense given De Goey reportedly already apologised to the plaintiff a couple of years back. Fair to assume he accepts that something untoward happened but not necessarily what he’s been charged with.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Piesnchess
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Just as we try to get over the Internal report on Racism, this issue with De Goey will rear its head,and give the MSM and Murdoch media, shock jocks, mor ammo too crucify the Club, more hype and spin,to see newspapers, get ratings up.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

^^^^^^^^

Exactly right Piesnchess. As bloody usual, the pricks in the hack media will try and get blood from a stone. They will wildly exaggerate the beat up the entire issue instead of merely presenting the facts. JDG has to face the court for what he allegedly did but not for something he didn’t do if it is falsely alleged by the ropes in the hack media for their own pecuniary benefit.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Dave The Man

De Goey all hype and little substance

Post by Dave The Man »

We all Talk how Great De Goey is Going to be.

But he is 25 Years Old and should be in Prime of his Career and Dominating.

We see Glimpses but that is all and He can go Missing for a Very Long Time.

Tonights Game he was Missing nearly the Whole Game.

He needs to Step Up or be seen as a Could of Been

He thinks he is good enough to get a Million a Year where he is Worth Half that at Most
I am Da Man
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Pissweak game for Mr Flash
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
piedys
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by piedys »

Coach numpty should have played him in the middle late in the game, but no... his ability to vanish, along with WHE, is extraordinary...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever