Biden presidency and 2024 election campaign

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Here’s the background on what just happened,

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/02/25/poli ... index.html

If you read the whole story,it seems that the U.S launched an attack on the same group on December 29 last year in Iraq (when Triump was still President).It’s funny,but I don’t remember anyone here complaining about that particular attack.Or any other previous attack for that matter.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

doriswilgus wrote:Here’s the background on what just happened,

If you read the whole story,it seems that the U.S launched an attack on the same group on December 29 last year in Iraq (when Triump was still President).It’s funny,but I don’t remember anyone here complaining about that particular attack.Or any other previous attack for that matter.
Check my posts from 2017.

I criticised Trump when he bombed a Syrian airbase unnecessarily based on flimsy evidence that Assad used chemical weapons against his citizens.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
doriswilgus

Post by doriswilgus »

doriswilgus

Post by doriswilgus »

Jezza wrote:

Check my posts from 2017.

I criticised Trump when he bombed a Syrian airbase unnecessarily based on flimsy evidence that Assad used chemical weapons against his citizens.
2017 is probably too far back for me to check.But if you said that at the time,then that’s good.I think it’s good that you took a stand on the issue.
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

doriswilgus wrote:This was an attack on terrorist groups who have been attacking US forces in Iraq,not an attack on Syria the country.Quite a big difference.You don’t think that the U.S has the right to defend itself when its forces have been attacked by terrorists?
You’ve missed my point completely.
Apart from that I suppose you wouldn’t mind it if the Chinese bombed houses in Melbourne if there were anti CCP protestors living there? Because they wouldn’t be attacking Australia then, would they?
doriswilgus

Post by doriswilgus »

Deleted.CBF’d arguing with the Wally.
Last edited by doriswilgus on Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
doriswilgus

Post by doriswilgus »

Is militia a better word,David?When they're firing rockets at you,i think it's just a matter of semantics what you call them.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Good on him. Blasting Iranian backed terrorists / mercenaries / armed militias who are not Syrian in Syria. Go for it. The US can’t allow Iran to take over the whole region despite Trumps best efforts in making Russia, Iran and North Korea great again.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
David

Post by David »

doriswilgus

Post by doriswilgus »

watt price tully wrote:

Good on him. Blasting Iranian backed terrorists / mercenaries / armed militias who are not Syrian in Syria. Go for it. The US can’t allow Iran to take over the whole region despite Trumps best efforts in making Russia, Iran and North Korea great again.
I don’t know why people here are objecting to it really.It was a limited targeted strike on one group apparently.As far as we know no civilians were killed.In the CNN article it said that they scratched a second strike for fear that civilians might have been caught up in it as well.

As I said before all presidents do this sort of thing in the Middle East,even the great peacemaker himself,Trump.In the article I posted it mentioned that Trump bombed the same very group on the 29th of December 2019 and there have been various attacks before that as well ,yet I don’t remember anyone here complaining about his bombing of these people.Funny about that.
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

doriswilgus wrote:Deleted.CBF’d arguing with the Wally.
Good decision.
It’s very hard to argue when you don’t understand.
doriswilgus

Post by doriswilgus »

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:Deleted.CBF’d arguing with the Wally.
Good decision.
It’s very hard to argue when you don’t understand.
I do understand.You just didn’t make a very good point,
David

Post by David »