Parliament House sexual assault and harassment allegations

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Wow, a liberal male staffer gets called out in Tasmanian parliament under Parliamentary privilege by the Leader of the Tasmanian Greens from what he said a few years ago when he worked under the retired liberal state premier the p*ick Will Hodgeman.

This liberal charmer was working until recently as a Liberal Party staffer and has now resigned. I suppose calling someone a “Meth head Cnut” didn’t assist his future career
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

watt price tully

I’m not a member of any party however I am impressed by the NSW Bar association as noted here:

https://www.lawyersweekly.com.au/biglaw ... oversy/amp

And here about his integrity to hold office

https://publicintegrity.org.au/why-chri ... f-law/amp/

And the astute Katherine Murphy who links Gleeson

https://amp.theguardian.com/australia-n ... c-humanity

His defamation action has put a temporary stop to this but it won’t go away although I think he will go away (a lot richer) in my opinion.

Further the reference to Nick McKenzie by Media Watch was not a reference to an excellent ABC journalist. Nick McKenzie is a highly decorated as it were Age investigative journalist now taken over by the Nine network.

Due to horrendous cuts by successive liberal governments the cuts to the ABC have resulted in more co - investigative journalism pieces such as the one noted (and importing shows from overseas). To be clear Nick McKenzie got stuck right into the twice elected Premier of Victoria during the pandemic. He is not an employee of the ABC but has done work for them in coproductions or though single contracts I believe.

He was famous as it were for exposing the Adem Somurek Branch Stacking in the ALP. A Walkley award winner and a lawyer having completed a Juris Doctor course:

The highly impressive Nick McKenzie:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_McKenzie
Last edited by watt price tully on Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
5 from the wing on debut

Yes, these people all want their 5 minutes of fame.
They could also have added that disciplinary inquiries are normally preceded by a complaint being made, followed by the complaint being put to the alleged perpetrator with a request for a response. In the case of a complaint of this nature against a lawyer if the response was “I did not do it” that would be the end of the matter. You can take that to the bank.
watt price tully

Sorry, I added to the original post while you posted
watt price tully

5 from the wing on debut wrote:Yes, these people all want their 5 minutes of fame.
They could also have added that disciplinary inquiries are normally preceded by a complaint being made, followed by the complaint being put to the alleged perpetrator with a request for a response. In the case of a complaint of this nature against a lawyer if the response was “I did not do it” that would be the end of the matter. You can take that to the bank.
I think Porter rather than me will be taking it to the bank: but I’m more deserving and I certainly didn’t rape the poor woman. That certainty is questioned in my view with Porter.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

So speaking the truth about a greens mp now gets you sacked from your job?

Yet in Victoria abusing and threatening female ministers by Andrew’s closest friends gets the minister sacked instead and a nice payday for his mate.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

It could never be acceptable to refer to the leader of a political party as a "meth-head c***". That's so far beyond the boundaries of any sensible political discourse that it beggars belief.
watt price tully

Pies4shaw wrote:It could never be acceptable to refer to the leader of a political party as a "meth-head c***". That's so far beyond the boundaries of any sensible political discourse that it beggars belief.
Interesting that:

1. He’d never met her
2. It was corroborated by at least two people
3. It was denied by the said Liberal Party staffer at the time
4. #3 above was used as denial and no further action by the Scumbag’s Hodgmans office at the time
5. Hodgman allegedly held an internal investigation and concluded “he said/she said” & no further action was then taken
6. Even the extreme right winger Michael Sukkar made sure this toxic male was forced to resign.
7. Women pollies are finding their voice and the Women’s March is a line in the sand moment.
5 from the wing on debut

Pies4shaw wrote:It could never be acceptable to refer to the leader of a political party as a "meth-head c***". That's so far beyond the boundaries of any sensible political discourse that it beggars belief.
You say that sitting in Melbourne.
Isn't that a common form of greeting in Tasmania?
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

^
It's a common form of greeting just blocks from where he lives, it's also accurate.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
You say that sitting in Melbourne.
Isn't that a common form of greeting in Tasmania?
:lol: :lol:
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:^
It's a common form of greeting just blocks from where he lives, it's also accurate.
:wink:
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

It does beggar belief,but it’s typical of how some people roll here.Sometimes when you come to this thread it’s like taking a trip through a time machine back to the 1950’s or beyond. :shock:
5 from the wing on debut

doriswilgus wrote:
It does beggar belief,but it’s typical of how some people roll here.Sometimes when you come to this thread it’s like taking a trip through a time machine back to the 1950’s or beyond. :shock:
You do realise though don't you that the comment wasn't made here by a member of this board - it was made in Hobart by a political gofer?