Parliament House sexual assault and harassment allegations

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:It could never be acceptable to refer to the leader of a political party as a "meth-head c***". That's so far beyond the boundaries of any sensible political discourse that it beggars belief.
It does beggar belief,but it’s typical of how some people roll here.Sometimes when you come to this thread it’s like taking a trip through a time machine back to the 1950’s or beyond. :shock:
You do realise though don't you that the comment wasn't made here by a member of this board - it was made in Hobart by a political gofer?
Yes,but the person here made a joke of it,saying that the woman deserved the comment because she was a green.

Quote.So speaking the truth about a greens mp gets you sacked from your job Unquote.

That sounds like an endorsement to me.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

[quote="watt price tully"]Wow, a liberal male staffer gets called out in Tasmanian parliament under Parliamentary privilege by the Leader of the Tasmanian Greens from what he said a few years ago when he worked under the retired liberal state premier the p*ick Will Hodgeman.

This liberal charmer was working until recently as a Liberal Party staffer and has now resigned. I suppose calling someone a “Meth head Cnut” didn’t assist his future career
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

If he’s innocent, why did he resign?
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

Read the article, he was "asked" to resign after Classy Cassy made her accusations, 2 years after it supposedly happened. Interesting timing or grandstanding?

Also, as a general principle everyone is innocent until proven guilty. He's been acquitted by an inquiry and hasn't been accused anywhere else let along found guilty, so he's by all definitions innocent.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

stui magpie wrote:^

Read the article, he was "asked" to resign after Classy Cassy made her accusations, 2 years after it supposedly happened. Interesting timing or grandstanding?

Also, as a general principle everyone is innocent until proven guilty. He's been acquitted by an inquiry and hasn't been accused anywhere else let along found guilty, so he's by all definitions innocent.
You missed the part that it was corroborated by at least two others (just a minor detail)

Good riddance to the sexist misogynist p*ick

If there was no case to answer he wouldn’t have been asked to resign.

The inquiry you point to was arranged by Will Hodgman who is a cnut if you know anything about Tasmanian state politics. The apple fell closely to the tree.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I know nothing about Tasmanian State Politics, but I can read.

Point me to the part where it says it was coroborated by at least 2 others, unless you mean this bit.
Others who were with Mr Hudgson at the time heard it too. We know this. We've had it confirmed.
stated under Parliamentary privilege and unable to be tested or verified.

Wheras the investigation found
All witnesses, who were walking with Mr Hudgson at the time, stated that he did not yell out or direct profanities towards Ms O'Connor; and that as complainant Ms Giblin was unable to provide specific detail to further substantiate the allegation.
So we only have her word for it, under Parliamentary Privilege, that people have changed their evidence.

He was asked to resign because clearly he wasn't worth the PR blowback to keep, regardless of guilt or innocence.

A cynic would suggest that someones career just got destroyed as collateral damage so a female politician could go "Look at Me" at a convenient time.

or do you have another explanation why she waited 2 years to torch this bloke under parliamentary privilege?
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

A cynic might - but somebody who understood politics would, rather, say two things. First that Morrison dropped him because, as Morrison told the press, this wasn't a first offence - it was, said the PM, "particularly vile language that was expressed by that staffer - not on one occasion" (https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... 3e63c4bb9e) and secondly, that this is the inevitable consequence of hiding Porter from a proper inquiry: you just have to throw everyone else off the bus who does anything even remotely questionable.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

I’m waiting for someone who went to high school with a minister come out and say they called her a <snip - Come on eddie, it's 2021, not 1821 - Pies4shaw for BBMods>30 years ago so he should resign...
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

watt price tully

The Liberal Boys club just keeps on giving: this time the Victorian State Opposition. Is it the male privilege of a single sex private school education? Who knows. Classy (not)

"An independent Victorian MP with two transgender children has accused Opposition Leader Michael O’Brien and some of his colleagues of making light of transgender issues during a private conversation overheard in Parliament".

https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 57c29.html
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

The former Solicitor-General will represent the ABC in the defamation case brought on by an alleged rapist Christian Porter th current Attorney General.

"...Former Commonwealth solicitor-general Justin Gleeson, SC, will head the legal team defending the ABC against a Federal Court defamation suit filed against it by Attorney-General Christian Porter, in a major coup for the broadcaster.

Mr Gleeson’s appointment adds significant firepower to the ABC’s defence team, which also includes experienced Victorian defamation barrister Renee Enbom, SC, who acted for actor Rebel Wilson, and Sydney barrister Clarissa Amato, who is well-versed in acting for media defendants including Nine and the ABC"....

https://www.theage.com.au/national/form ... 57bv1.html
Last edited by watt price tully on Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Andy Meddick, yeah, there's a fine upstanding citizen we should all believe...
watt price tully

eddiesmith wrote:Andy Meddick, yeah, there's a fine upstanding citizen we should all believe...
Please explain? He supports animal rights and is against duck hunting: two noble causes. What's not to like?
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

And he votes for everything Labor wants, of course you love him.

‘Independent’ :lol:
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

A government spokesperson told news.com.au: “The Government was unaware of any allegations raised about the alleged behaviour of the staff member during their previous employment. After several historical allegations surfaced, the staff member was asked to resign. Which they have done.”
https://www.news.com.au/national/politi ... d678c2f8a4