Post Match. Pies punish Blues. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Donny »

Collingwood 16.10.106
Carlton 13.7.85

Goals: De Goey 4, Checkers 3, Cox, Elliott 2, Ruscoe, Adams, Daics, H-E, Sidey 1,

Disposals: Crisp 36, Pendles 30, Adams 29, Moore, Sidey, Noble, Howe 22, Magden, IQ, Daics, Grundy, Sier 16, Tyler 14,

Tackles: Adams 7, Grundy 6, Pendles, Roughy, Daics 5.

DE: Moore 90.9%, Tyler, Daics, 87.5

AF points: Grundy 122, Adams 121, Crisp 113, Pendles 107, Howe 87, Noble 83, Moore 81, Sidey 80,
Last edited by Donny on Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Lol
Last edited by Lazza on Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
WalZ_PieZ

Post by WalZ_PieZ »

Brilliant win.
Hopefully Elliot injury is not too serious.
Everyone contributed, except perhaps JT he may lose his spot.
The young guns held their own, quaynor, noble, brown.
Sidey brought balance and options to our midfield.
And credit to bucks for turning it around from last week.
Go Pies.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

That was lot better tonight. Still things to work on but Looked lot better for Longer

My Thoughts:

Grundy getting Better. Taps where better and Following up few of his Taps like he was at his Best.

Moore is our best player at the Moment Easlily. Good as I thought he could with Good Run with Injuries.

Adam's was Huge with His Desperation and Grunt.

Quyanor and Nobel gave great Rebound.

Cox drove me mad. At times no where near the Ball or Dropped lots of Mark's. Though Kicked 2 Goals and in Last Qtr umps gave him some Frees.

De Goey was Huge in 1st Half then Quiter on 2nd Half.

Steele total Class

Daicos did some nice things but was quiet.

WHE did some Good Things. Barley Noticed Thomas
I am Da Man
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

I can’t believe it we Collingwood are actually ahead on the head to head record
mgh3536

Post by mgh3536 »

Just watched the replay

The pictures that Thomas has of Buckley must be bad how else does he get a game..

I think the brown boys development is coming along

How many times tonight did we wait for the ball to come to us instead of meeting it with outstretched arms...

Cox still getting knocked off balance just before ball arrives and a combination of running under and being edged under the ball... but he doesn’t take the ball in front of his eyes , if they haven’t fixed it by now ....

Noble is going ok
Quaynor looks the goods
Magden ... na

Buckley has got to free these blokes up, just take it on...

Crisp Moore quaynor noble transition into fwd has to continue and enhanced
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

mgh3536 wrote:Just watched the replay

The pictures that Thomas has of Buckley must be bad how else does he get a game..

I think the brown boys development is coming along

How many times tonight did we wait for the ball to come to us instead of meeting it with outstretched arms...

Cox still getting knocked off balance just before ball arrives and a combination of running under and being edged under the ball... but he doesn’t take the ball in front of his eyes , if they haven’t fixed it by now ....

Noble is going ok
Quaynor looks the goods
Magden ... na

Buckley has got to free these blokes up, just take it on...

Crisp Moore quaynor noble transition into fwd has to continue and enhanced
True story: I have a a broken (smashed) iPhone as a result of T.Brown trying to CHEST mark the JDG pass to him at the top of the square in the second quarter instead of using his outstretched arms in the marking contest. A certain goal goes begging. He would later attempt a CHEST mark instead of a hands-mark later in the game that resulted in a spoil and stoppage. If his post game review isn't brutal then our club is a joke.

(Typed from my desktop computer.)
Est. 2002
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Congratulations Collingwood. Everyone did well last night. Very impressed with the lift in intensity, the tackling and the pressure. Still don’t like the new rules of a player unable to move while manning the ‘mark.

My apologies to Callum Brown: he played very well tonight. Tyler is showing a lot more but needs to back himself more as does Sier who did very well in close.

What a difference does a Sidebottom make.

Madgen again did well too as did Grundy and Pendlebury. That first and last quarters were great
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Great night. Nothing more satisfying than beating Carlton and now we've surpassed them in the head to head record.

The first half was terrific. Really loved our ball movement, and the way the forwards were creating space in the attacking 50 was the most impressive aspect of our improvement from last week.

I think going forward into the future, the first half is what the team should model itself on as being the standard we set. It has imperfections, but it demonstrates we can score heavily when we want to and it's far more entertaining brand of football.

Overall, I enjoyed our style of play tonight. We played with more dash and dare, and even when mistakes were made I didn't feel so despondent watching it as players were willing to take risks and make something happen. The intent was strong from the beginning which is all you can ask for as a supporter.

Sidebottom's inclusion was important for us. Really helped structure the midfield and give us that edge, which in turn benefited the forward line getting good delivery. A real shame to see Elliott go down with an ankle injury, so hopefully it isn't as serious as anticipated.

Wanted to see big games from Grundy, De Goey and Adams and all they delivered in spades, which was comforting.

Moore is a star. I think he's our best player now. Consistent, beats his man more often than not, loves taking plenty of marks and I think he's got captaincy material written all over him which is something I didn't contemplate before this year.

The highlight of the night was a lot of us chanting "Colllllllinnnnngwoooood" at the Ponny with a few minutes left and seeing Moore pump up the crowd. Got the adrenaline pumping!

Going to enjoy the weekend sitting back and relaxing now :)
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

My top 5 were: Tay, Pendles, Moore, JDG, Checkers.
Really happy overall with the performance tonight. I thought that Noble, IQ, Crisp were great. Special note to Noble: great game. He is a real fighter. Never gives up.
I thought Sier was alot better, but he needs to kick the ball, rather than handball it off to the nearest player as a default setting.
Thought Cal Brown played a good game and shored up our midfield.
Sidey made an immense difference. This game showed how much he means to us.
I really think Cox is becoming a weapon. The opposition panic and cut off his arms. His leading patterns are vastly improved. Umpires seem more willing to recognise obvious infringements against him.
Injury of Elliott is a setback. He was firing in the first part of the game. Hope he gets better soon.
Ruscoe had alot more impact than last week. Clearly is a player who can find time and space, but struggles under conditions of close pressure and a lockdown style game.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Jezza wrote:Great night. Nothing more satisfying than beating Carlton and now we've surpassed them in the head to head record.

The first half was terrific. Really loved our ball movement, and the way the forwards were creating space in the attacking 50 was the most impressive aspect of our improvement from last week.

Overall, I enjoyed our style of play tonight. We played with more dash and dare, and even when mistakes were made I didn't feel so despondent watching it as players were willing to take risks and make something happen. The intent was strong from the beginning which is all you can ask for as a supporter.

Sidebottom's inclusion was important for us. Really helped structure the midfield and give us that edge, which in turn benefited the forward line getting good delivery. A real shame to see Elliott go down with an ankle injury, so hopefully it isn't as serious as anticipated.

Wanted to see big games from Grundy, De Goey and Adams and all they delivered in spades, which was comforting.

Moore is a star. I think he's our best player now. Consistent, beats his man more often than not, loves taking plenty of marks and I think he's got captaincy material written all over him which is something I didn't contemplate before this year.

The highlight of the night was a lot of us chanting "Colllllllinnnnngwoooood" at the Ponny with a few minutes left and seeing Moore pump up the crowd. Got the adrenaline pumping!

Going to enjoy the weekend sitting back and relaxing now :)
That would've been a truly wonderful few minutes Jezza :) Love it when the chant gets going and it came through on the broadcast too.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Magpietothemax wrote:My top 5 were: Tay, Pendles, Moore, JDG, Checkers.
Good top 5.

I found it difficult doing the votes tonight and narrowing it down to 5. All players stood up tonight and gave a good account of themselves.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Rosolino_Leone

Post by Rosolino_Leone »

Donny wrote:Collingwood 16.10.106
Carlton 13.7.85

Goals: De Goey 4, Checkers 3, Cox, Elliott 2, Ruscoe, Adams, Daics, H-E, Sidey 1,

Disposals: Crisp 36, Pendles 30, Adams 29, Moore, Sidey, Noble, Howe 22, Magden, IQ, Daics, Grundy, Sier 16, Tyler 14,

Tackles: Adams 7, Grundy 6, Pendles, Roughy, Daics 5.

DE: Moore 90.9%, Tyler, Daics, 87.5

AF points: Grundy 122, Adams 121, Crisp 113, Pendles 107, Howe 87, Noble 83, Moore 81, Sidey 80,

I vote for Clearences to be shown in the post match stats on Nicks. It's a very important stat.

Clearences: Adams 13, Grundy 4, T. Brown 4, Sier 4, Pendlebury 3
Last edited by Rosolino_Leone on Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Raw Hammer wrote:
True story: I have a a broken (smashed) iPhone as a result of T.Brown trying to CHEST mark the JDG pass to him at the top of the square in the second quarter instead of using his outstretched arms in the marking contest.
:lol: :lol: Geez RH, I shudder to think what must happen when mistakes are made when the scores are really close. :wink: :D
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Oh, and special mention also to WHE. Looked terrible last week, but rebounded with a far superior effort tonight. I saw glimmers of WHE 2018. Great response, Will.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins