Post Match. Pies down to Bombers. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:You can have your view on here but I can't? Constructive feedback and criticism is fine, welcome even. Personal attacks on the coach, a club legend and players who are on the main, notching up more AFL games than people on here are not.

P.S. The Mods comment was sarcasm. Sorry you missed that.
Have you ever criticised a politician?

Have you ever been a member of parliament for a seocnd, a minute, an hour, or even a day?

Does not being a MP mean you can never critique or criticise a politician?

Thought so!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:Just reading all these (predictable) posts and wondering is there anyone on this board who actually SUPPORTS Collingwood. Like side by side? Seems to have been hijacked by Carlton supporters.

Can you check this out Mods?
Sorry Kymbo...i missed the sarcasm too. You think that those here are Carlton supporters... because they are angry about the situation we are now in...??
Missed your sarcasm mate...or maybe it wasnt actually there at all...
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
slangman
Has liked: 23 times

Post by slangman »

What'sinaname wrote:
slangman wrote:All you the want Buckley immediately gone, who would be the caretaker coach?

Just think about that for a second.
It allows the club to aggressively pursue a new senior coach without hurting the current coaches feelings.

So Harvey or Sanderson are better options right at this minute??

I’d rather Buckley finish up this year similar to Tony Shaw only because the assistants are even worse options.
- Side By Side -
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au
Been liked: 1 time

Post by kymbo5@yahoo.com.au »

What'sinaname wrote:
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:You can have your view on here but I can't? Constructive feedback and criticism is fine, welcome even. Personal attacks on the coach, a club legend and players who are on the main, notching up more AFL games than people on here are not.

Have you ever been a member of parliament for a seocnd, a minute, an hour, or even a day?

Thought so!
Going out on a limb seeing you don't know me. But no, I haven't been a politician, I have criticised them but I haven't personally attacked them. Plus, they are not part of a team I profess to support.
kymbo
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

slangman wrote:All you the want Buckley immediately gone, who would be the caretaker coach?

This is a question I've asked before too slangman.

Anyone half decent is already involved elsewhere, although one poster (apologies for not combing through previous posts first) has said that a Senior Assistant at another club could break their contract, if asked to step up into a senior role. We certainly wouldn't want anyone on our present coaching panel to take it on, would we???
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:Just reading all these (predictable) posts and wondering is there anyone on this board who actually SUPPORTS Collingwood. Like side by side? Seems to have been hijacked by Carlton supporters.

did you go to the game?

we had to sit amongst drugcheat fans, whilst other drugcheat fans sat in our premium seats, and watch 8 very exciting minutes followed by about 84 really really shit ones for the most part, do you want us to just wear it and sit in a circle singing ****? have you watched the team play? the dumb decisions which quite frankly partly seem to be born of a too scared to try something new mentality. if for no other reason than being stale and scared we need a new coach NOW. not in 4 weeks time, NOW. it doesnt matter if he can coach anymore, we cannot change 22 players, and lets not forget they aint MMs boys anymore, this is Bux team. none of us want this outcome, i seriously doubt there is one person here who didnt want Buckley to coach a premiership. and he nearly did. but now we are back to shit skills, shit decisions, and a lot of it seems to be because of a shit game plan. if there is one. its got me stumped.

so yes in answer to your question i am SIDE BY SIDE, sitting in the cold, wet, hard damn seats clapping and singing as they come out onto the ground, cheering like mad when we score, abusing the umpires when they call deliberate out for us and play on for them, you know SUPPORTING my team. but that doesnt mean i have to wear shit like this quietly, this is a FORUM, ill let you google that.

shortly ill download and post the highlight shots i took, but there aint many!!!

we finished 6th? thrashed the eagles on their turf, laid down and rolled over for the damn cats, who went on to be runners up and now we are 17th. SEVENTEENTH. thank god for north! why? who did we lose? we lost Treloar who as many point out on here, was not always playing to our benefit, and even when he was he wasnt scoring goals. but treating him like shit maybe brought us some bad black cat karma. and we lost Stevo, yes ive heard all the rumours and i even know for sure some are true, but why why WHY could no one in the club get such a bright future star under control? just imagine if it was in the time of Swan, Shaw, Didak? all did worse shit.

and tell me this because i really want to know, if, as he has said himself, its not his job to motivate the players JUST WHOS JOB IS IT??

its done, its time to move on, its time to bring in a fresh voice. it doesnt matter if its poor coaching, or just a loss of trust over the preseason shit, its done. end of story. there is no coming back from this without change.

i really wish there was, but yeah, i cant see it. but you know what? take a guess where my arse will be next Saturday at 145pm?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Monco Matt wrote:

You should be asking the Collingwood Administration to show more of the Side by Side culture (Treloar, Stevo & Phillips are probably not feeling the love) before demanding anything more from the loyal and pissed off Collingwood suporters on here. And yes, we are all Collingwood people, just had a gut full of all the bullshit. The club won't listen so all we can do is vent on here. If you don't like it then piss off and stop sooking up to the mods.
this
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Total bullshit, saw him regularly direct players today. Remember he went to the bench last year to put an arm around Stephenson and tried to guide him after he made a monumental **** up. You haters see what you want to see.
True
Get back on top.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

1970 wrote:Korda has no legitimacy so he won't sack Buckley.
Ed has managed to leave the CFC in a worse state than he found it.
That team is a rabble. Devoid of any potential. Barely VFL standard.
I predicted Buckley's tenure would end in abject failure 10 years ago
It is worse than that. Much, much worse.
Wooden spoon is locked in.
Won't another game for the year.
Stick a fork in 'em. They're done.

How predictable, we only hear from u when we lose, win today, and u would not post a thing. What else is new. ? :roll:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

think positive wrote:

did you go to the game?

we had to sit amongst drugcheat fans, whilst other drugcheat fans sat in our premium seats, and watch 8 very exciting minutes followed by about 84 really really shit ones for the most part, do you want us to just wear it and sit in a circle singing ****? have you watched the team play? the dumb decisions which quite frankly partly seem to be born of a too scared to try something new mentality. if for no other reason than being stale and scared we need a new coach NOW. not in 4 weeks time, NOW. it doesnt matter if he can coach anymore, we cannot change 22 players, and lets not forget they aint MMs boys anymore, this is Bux team. none of us want this outcome, i seriously doubt there is one person here who didnt want Buckley to coach a premiership. and he nearly did. but now we are back to shit skills, shit decisions, and a lot of it seems to be because of a shit game plan. if there is one. its got me stumped.

so yes in answer to your question i am SIDE BY SIDE, sitting in the cold, wet, hard $$%^%%$ seats clapping and singing as they come out onto the ground, cheering like mad when we score, abusing the umpires when they call deliberate out for us and play on for them, you know SUPPORTING my team. but that doesnt mean i have to wear shit like this quietly, this is a FORUM, ill let you google that.

shortly ill download and post the highlight shots i took, but there aint many!!!

we finished 6th? thrashed the eagles on their turf, laid down and rolled over for the $$%^%%$ cats, who went on to be runners up and now we are 17th. SEVENTEENTH. thank god for north! why? who did we lose? we lost Treloar who as many point out on here, was not always playing to our benefit, and even when he was he wasnt scoring goals. but treating him like shit maybe brought us some bad black cat karma. and we lost Stevo, yes ive heard all the rumours and i even know for sure some are true, but why why WHY could no one in the club get such a bright future star under control? just imagine if it was in the time of Swan, Shaw, Didak? all did worse shit.

and tell me this because i really want to know, if, as he has said himself, its not his job to motivate the players JUST WHOS JOB IS IT??

its done, its time to move on, its time to bring in a fresh voice. it doesnt matter if its poor coaching, or just a loss of trust over the preseason shit, its done. end of story. there is no coming back from this without change.

i really wish there was, but yeah, i cant see it. but you know what? take a guess where my arse will be next Saturday at 145pm?
Wow TP. Just wish I could write like you. Just nailed my feelings. You are a Collingwood legend, yourself. Clearly will live and die by the sword for the Pies. When there is something rotten in Denmark, the true Collingwood supporters call it out.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Thought so!
Going out on a limb seeing you don't know me. But no, I haven't been a politician, I have criticised them but I haven't personally attacked them. Plus, they are not part of a team I profess to support.
Kymbo, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?
think positive

Post by think positive »

What'sinaname wrote:

It allows the club to aggressively pursue a new senior coach without hurting the current coaches feelings.

not to mention the fear of the club signing him to another 2 years on the sly like last time, who would we want? pretty sure we can offer it to an assistant at another club? im sure there is at least one experienced but not current coach out there who would like the challenge, on a temporary basis.
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

As fans we have no hope now under Bux.
We need to build hope by getting a new caretaker coach.
And then a new coach for 2022.
We have a couple of years of misery I think.
1999 over again.
One thing is for sure....No point in keeping Bux.
What is the point.
Some may say ...show loyalty...that is funny given what happened to Treloar and Co.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

think positive wrote:
not to mention the fear of the club signing him to another 2 years on the sly like last time, who would we want? pretty sure we can offer it to an assistant at another club? im sure there is at least one experienced but not current coach out there who would like the challenge, on a temporary basis.
Yes. This has been posted. We could for example offer an assistant coach at another club the coaching position at Collingwood, and he could break his contract because it would be a promotion.
However, what I am worried about is..who would break the security of his contract in order to preside over our current catastrophe???
And without guarantee that he would be renewed??
Not likely.
We need to offer an assistant coach the coaching role for the next 2 or 3 years to attract one over right now.
I am in favour, but we need to get our selection processes right.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
slangman
Has liked: 23 times

Post by slangman »

think positive wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

So if Bucks was sacked or he walked tomorrow, who would be the coach for the remainder of the year starting tomorrow?

There is NO way a senior assistant at another club would break their contract mid season to be a caretaker coach with no guarantee to actually get the job full time.

Which leaves us with only three options:

1. Robert Harvey
2. Brenton Sanderson
3. Hayden Skipworth
- Side By Side -