Post Match. Pies down to Bombers. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

If people think sacking the coach before season end is the way forward, then you’re going to get a reality check if it happens.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:.. I hate to say trust me.. but trust me, my idea is sound... Buckley is finished. The best thing the club can do is acknowledge that, finish his contract immediately and pay him out... I mean really he should be walking voluntarily if he really was thinking about the clubs best interests.. its way beyond his tenure now and everyone can see that. The club needs fresh air immediately, our win/loss ratio for the rest of the season is actually irrelevant - what's important now is sowing the seeds for future success and that starts with a change. Read my last post as to what we should be actually doing (as I even type this).
Agree...but you dont take such actiion until you have a replacement coach. Over the next few weeks, we need to sound out assistant coaches, and interview those who would be interested in a 2 to 3 year deal. We wont be able to attract anyone otherwis.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

Hocking for now, he'll give the squad a breath of fresh air and help bring some comradeship back to them. Find a full time replacement over the rest of the season but as soon as we know whom that is, appoint them.. who cares what other clubs have done in the past i.e waited till next season to get going with a caretaker for the rest of the season - just do the proper process and go....
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Mr Miyagi wrote:If people think sacking the coach before season end is the way forward, then you’re going to get a reality check if it happens.
When we get the right replacement, the way forward is to sack the coach regardless of what day, or month, it is.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

What'sinaname wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:4th idea, we bite the bullet, take a financial soft cap hit or whatever it is - because this is an actual crisis... and we rehire 'Whiskers/Buddha/Hocking' to be caretaker coach until the due process is done in finding a new head coach.
You're assuming he would be interested. Would he, do you know?
r u kidding. He'd jump off the shitter without wiping to do the job
Or the litter box, as the case may be
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:Hocking for now, he'll give the squad a breath of fresh air and help bring some comradeship back to them. Find a full time replacement over the rest of the season but as soon as we know whom that is, appoint them.. who cares what other clubs have done in the past i.e waited till next season to get going with a caretaker for the rest of the season - just do the proper process and go....
I would take Hocking in a heartbeat...but would he take us??? After we shafted him, and then come cap in hand, begging him to take over until the end of the year?
NFL
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Mr Miyagi wrote:If people think sacking the coach before season end is the way forward, then you’re going to get a reality check if it happens.
Who cares if we lose every single game this year......... its irrelevant blind freddy
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

It's the only thing to do. Wait til year's end and we compete for coaches with a number of other clubs. Let's say Carlton and Gold Coast also sack their coaches.

We then have to compete with two other teams for the best coach.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:.. I hate to say trust me.. but trust me, my idea is sound... Buckley is finished. The best thing the club can do is acknowledge that, finish his contract immediately and pay him out... I mean really he should be walking voluntarily if he really was thinking about the clubs best interests.. its way beyond his tenure now and everyone can see that. The club needs fresh air immediately, our win/loss ratio for the rest of the season is actually irrelevant - what's important now is sowing the seeds for future success and that starts with a change. Read my last post as to what we should be actually doing (as I even type this).

Interim coaches dont work mate, look at Rhys Shaw and Teague, they had to get old Worsfold in to help out Teague, what a utter humiliation for Teague, Blues fans are gobsmacked, Let Bucks walk at seasons end, as he said he would if we failed, meanwhiile, get some main players back, and play all our kids play as many as we can. THEN, go after Clarkson or Hodge, and offer either of em the bloody earth or maybe even Brad Scott, just get one of em and rebuild the playing list, it can be done, but its going to take time, :)
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

You know we are in trouble when Thomas was a starting mid-fielder 10 times in the second half.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

You're the one who needs a reality check; explain to me how much worse it can get, on our current trajectory?

Being a blind sycophant does the club no good
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Piesnchess wrote:

Interim coaches dont work mate, look at Rhys Shaw and Teague, they had to get old Worsfold in to help out Teague, what a utter humiliation for Teague, Blues fans are gobsmacked, Let Bucks walk at seasons end, as he said he would if we failed, meanwhiile, get some main players back, and play all our kids play as many as we can. THEN, go after Clarkson or Hodge, and offer either of em the bloody earth or maybe even Brad Scott, just get one of em and rebuild the playing list, it can be done, but its going to take time, :)
Not sure that teague with Worsfeld would be worse than Bux.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote: You're assuming he would be interested. Would he, do you know?
r u kidding. He'd jump off the shitter without wiping to do the job
Or the litter box, as the case may be
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

inxs88 wrote:You know we are in trouble when Thomas was a starting mid-fielder 10 times in the second half.
Yep. I was sad today for JT. Could not lay a tackle that stuck. When JT is an inside mid, we are just...well what is the expression..scraping the barrel of despair.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Magpietothemax wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Not sure that teague with Worsfeld would be worse than Bux.

ASK poor hapless Teague, hes been utterly humiliated, two Blues fans i know cant get their heads round this happening.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.