Post Match. Pies down to Bombers. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Shitful is what we are
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Piesnchess wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Interim coaches dont work mate, look at Rhys Shaw and Teague, they had to get old Worsfold in to help out Teague, what a utter humiliation for Teague, Blues fans are gobsmacked, Let Bucks walk at seasons end, as he said he would if we failed, meanwhiile, get some main players back, and play all our kids play as many as we can. THEN, go after Clarkson or Hodge, and offer either of em the bloody earth or maybe even Brad Scott, just get one of em and rebuild the playing list, it can be done, but its going to take time, :)
Not sure that teague with Worsfeld would be worse than Bux.

ASK poor hapless Teague, hes been utterly humiliated, two Blues fans i know cant get their heads round this happening.
Really?? I could ask many poor hapless Pie fans who cant get their heads around what is happening.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

What

Post by Hiss »

I think we should get Mal Brown
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

Piesnchess wrote: Interim coaches dont work mate, look at Rhys Shaw and Teague, they had to get old Worsfold in to help out Teague, what a utter humiliation for Teague, Blues fans are gobsmacked, Let Bucks walk at seasons end, as he said he would if we failed, meanwhiile, get some main players back, and play all our kids play as many as we can. THEN, go after Clarkson or Hodge, and offer either of em the bloody earth or maybe even Brad Scott, just get one of em and rebuild the playing list, it can be done, but its going to take time, :)
We're not trying to make an interim coach 'work' Piesnchess, he's a placeholder till we do get the right coach.. and if that happens to be before the end of the season so be it, the changes can start happening.

The next coach question is a difficult one, but there are viable options, and there is no way everyone will be happy with the final choice, myself included. My preference is for Lyon, or B.Scott (I actually prefer Scott) BUT it could be a fresh new coach - I don't care as long as we go through proper process and pick the best candidate and than surround that person with all the resources we have available. We can start this process immediately, there is nothing to be gained in waiting.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

masoncox wrote:Currently watching melbourne storm.
Killing the Warriors.
What a side.
What a coach
What a club.
We are 4th rate compared to that club.
Mate, thanks for ruining the Storm game for me. I was going to watch that on delay.
makri

Post by makri »

On a side note, really enjoyed Isaac Quaynor's game. Josh looked good as well.
Peponi

Post by Peponi »

I get no satisfaction seeing Buckley fail. None. I’m gutted for him.

The club is bigger than any individual.

If his name wasn’t Buckley he would have been sacked in 2014. Who else gets 10 years going backwards (except one year).

Let’s be honest.

For his legacy and sake and for the sake of the club, he should not drag this out.
Formerly LeighBrownBrigade
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Piesnchess wrote: Interim coaches dont work mate, look at Rhys Shaw and Teague, they had to get old Worsfold in to help out Teague, what a utter humiliation for Teague, Blues fans are gobsmacked, Let Bucks walk at seasons end, as he said he would if we failed, meanwhiile, get some main players back, and play all our kids play as many as we can. THEN, go after Clarkson or Hodge, and offer either of em the bloody earth or maybe even Brad Scott, just get one of em and rebuild the playing list, it can be done, but its going to take time, :)
We're not trying to make an interim coach 'work' Piesnchess, he's a placeholder till we do get the right coach.. and if that happens to be before the end of the season so be it, the changes can start happening.

The next coach question is a difficult one, but there are viable options, and there is no way everyone will be happy with the final choice, myself included. My preference is for Lyon, or B.Scott (I actually prefer Scott) BUT it could be a fresh new coach - I don't care as long as we go through proper process and pick the best candidate and than surround that person with all the resources we have available. We can start this process immediately, there is nothing to be gained in waiting.
But that actually is the issue..Wolf. Who, better than Bux, would be willing to be a mere placeholder?
I believe that we need to actually launch the process of selecting our new coach..for a 3 year deal.
You cannot expect anyone of quality to accept a placeholder role. Leave bux where he is until we find the right man (sorry, I oppose Me Too, and believe that our next coach will be a man). When we find him...it could be next week, it could be Round 15...it matters not.. but find him before the end of the year.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

Hocking would jump at the chance... and not that I think we should do this (it's a bit like living with your ex till you can find a new home) but would Bucks even want to coach until the end of the season if he was flat out told today he was finished. It's not healthy.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Magpietothemax wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

But that actually is the issue..Wolf. Who, better than Bux, would be willing to be a mere placeholder?
I believe that we need to actually launch the process of selecting our new coach..for a 3 year deal.
You cannot expect anyone of quality to accept a placeholder role. Leave bux where he is until we find the right man (sorry, I oppose Me Too, and believe that our next coach will be a man). When we find him...it could be next week, it could be Round 15...it matters not.. but find him before the end of the year.

Yeh, any coach who takes over now wants to be THE coach, not some bloody standin warming the bench, thats just Ludicrous, when Teague took over the Blues, mid season, he wanted to be the main man not a temp , So long as Bucks continues down the Kids path, for the season, then walks out on his own volition im satisfied, he knows now his time has come, and said he will walk. Then move heaven and earth to get Clarkson, Hodge, Scott, whatever, and start afresh next season, :)
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

How do you know Gary Hocking would jump at the chance?
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Magpietothemax wrote:
1970 wrote:Korda has no legitimacy so he won't sack Buckley.
Ed has managed to leave the CFC in a worse state than he found it.

Agree with these sections of your comment. That is why i was not jubilant about Korda. He is linked to the entire ancien regime.
Now Eddie appears to be attempting to influence the selection of the next president.
This is unacceptable.
His opinion needs to be completely obliterated from the discussion.
Issue is that the other contendor, Brown, is a close mate of Eddie.
That gives a conduit for Eddie to keep influencing our club. And i will say this now, his influence is becoming noxious.
Can we cut a clean swathe through this morass?
The issue is this. Our new president comes out and says the board fully expects the club to be playing finals this year. If the board wants to believe it’s own bullshit after what happened at the end of last season that’s fine, but does the board seriously believe that the supporter base believes the bullshit the board puts out? The reality is we were never going to be finals this year. I highly doubt we’ll play finals next year either. I’m just happy we’re playing the kids. Murphy, Kelly and Cameron are all AFL standard. It’s pointless playing them in the VFL. Please keeping playing them. WHE is a much better player playing further up the field. We need to preserve with him. I’m even more confident with Callum Brown. He may well prove himself an AFL player. What I don’t understand is why we have to play Josh Thomas in the centre of the ground when we have two genuine midfielders in MaCrae and Rantall assigned to the graveyard positions on the field. We were losing all the centre clearances so why not give valuable midfield experience to MaCrae and Rantall? Just to repeat what I keep saying, Josh Thomas is too slow. Another one who is too slow is Madgen. He is and always will be a standard VFL player who will occasionally play the odd good game or two in the senior team. Buckley is too conservative a coach who doesn’t dare to win, so more times than not he loses. Winning isn’t about having a pecking order in the team. You have to play your best players in the right positions. Sometimes he gets it brilliantly right. Crisp on the half back line was a stroke of genius. More often than not though Buckley gets it wrong. And he got it spectacularly wrong when he decided in a stroke of madness that the team was better off without Treloar and Stephenson.
swooper
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by swooper »

thesoretoothsayer wrote:Whilst I enjoy slitting my wrists as much as the next person, here are a few positives from today's "same old shit".
1. Cameron kicked 3 goals and showed more that most of us would've expected. What now for Cox?
2. Daics got a run in the middle.
3. McCreery, once again, showed that he belongs at AFL level.
4. Murphy had his first game back in what is, hopefully, an extended stay in the seniors.
Was pretty much going to post same. This season ( and probably the next couple) are going to be pretty rough, so trying to focus on the positives.
I would add IQ... love this kid
Pies2016
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Since it’s a post game thread, I thought Roughead was close to our best player today. Didn’t put a foot wrong all day against an in form Hooker.
That’s problematic in itself but it was a commendable performance against the tide.
I Qs sure ball handling is a pleasure to watch. It will be interesting to see if a new set of eyes gives him some mid field time next year.
Cameron played his best game for the club, which hopefully will give him a bit of confidence in the weeks to come. It’s never easy knowing your only one game away from being dropped again.
Murphy was pretty good. Goes hard and uses the ball well. Doesn’t bite off more than he can chew, which is something Maynard could learn.
McCreery continues to look likely. He doesnt need much of it to impact the scoreboard.

Apologies if I’ve offended anyone with a positive post.
Last edited by Pies2016 on Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:Hocking would jump at the chance... and not that I think we should do this (it's a bit like living with your ex till you can find a new home) but would Bucks even want to coach until the end of the season if he was flat out told today he was finished. It's not healthy.
Ok...well maybe put feelers out in that direction...but if i was he... I would feel very angry about how I had been treated... and would demand conditions for a return...
I think we start our hunt for our new coach now...
And be willing to appoint him any time during the season for 3 years...
Only way we can attract quality...
If Buddha is willing to be a placeholder... then go for it.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins