#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MickMCG34

Post by MickMCG34 »

My enduring memory of DeGoey is the second last play of 2018.
McGovern takes the big pack mark as JDG cruises behind the pack for the “easy” goal to make him the hero.
A non-mark spillage meant a flag.
We know the rest.
Woodsman forever
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

MickMCG34 wrote:My enduring memory of DeGoey is the second last play of 2018.
McGovern takes the big pack mark as JDG cruises behind the pack for the “easy” goal to make him the hero.
We know the rest.
Your 'enduring memory' forgot there was another 1:45 of play after Sheed kicked the winning goal
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

K wrote:Time to deliver: Magpie leaders put heat on De Goey to perform

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/sho ... 57oj8.html
Taylor Adams called this report 'garbage' on Twitter, for what it's worth.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

David wrote:

Taylor Adams called this report 'garbage' on Twitter, for what it's worth.
Garbage is what it is.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

We know the rest.
Yep, went out the back for the cheapie and left I think Checkers to compete with McGovern and another...if he had followed (or even lead!) McGovern to that ball like a team player, well who knows?

Truth be told he lost me then, hoped he might mature but his output just isn't good enough.

Interesting previous posts about Blair's 2011 season...very easy to mock, but it just shows what a player of limited capability can do in a dominant team structure....food for thought
MickMCG34

Post by MickMCG34 »

Rd101998
My “enduring memory of DeGoey” has zero to do with the rest of the match.
Other than the result.
Woodsman forever
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Skids »

They just spoke about this on Fox footy.
Apparently Bucks giving his biggest spray ever at half time and serving it up post game also.

Let's hope JDG responds and starts showing, what we all know he's capable of, starting this weekend!
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Piesnchess »

De Goey, and he aint robinson cruesoe on this though, he really, really, really, really, needs to lift fooking bigtime, now is the time, no more mucking around. Or as John Kennedy said, DONT THINK DO, DO SOMETHING, JUST DO IT, FOR THE SAKE OF THE SIDE. :o :!:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Big T »

He's not fit.
Buon Giorno
RudeBoy
Been liked: 76 times

Post by RudeBoy »

He's been one of my favourite players, but if he doesn't fire up this week then we should seriously consider trading him at season's end. Regardless of talent, we can't have anyone on our list who is not fully committed and fair dinkum.
mattdally
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mattdally »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
We know the rest.
Yep, went out the back for the cheapie and left I think Checkers to compete with McGovern and another...if he had followed (or even lead!) McGovern to that ball like a team player, well who knows?

Truth be told he lost me then, hoped he might mature but his output just isn't good enough.

Interesting previous posts about Blair's 2011 season...very easy to mock, but it just shows what a player of limited capability can do in a dominant team structure....food for thought
Come on guys, watch the replay. Have a look at the bloke with tunnel vision who just blindly kicked it to McGovern. Yep Adam Treloar. If he looks inside you would have seen (as did DeGoey), WHE in the clear. Handpass to WHE and easy kick over the top to DeGoey for the goal. Treloar cost us with that kick. It was a typical hack kick moment from him.
Seymour Butts

De Goey all hype and little substance

Post by Seymour Butts »

Degoey is a mercenary. He is surrounded by people telling him what an exceptional player he is. He and his brains trust are delusional.
Every time he has had a contract renewal there has been lingering issues about money.
Collingwood should have cut him loose before his current contract was thrashed out. That way we could have got one, perhaps even two first round draft picks.
Given the footy world has seen what a lazy, unfit player he really is, who in their right mind is going to put that sort of trade on the table now?
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
1eyedpie
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

mattdally wrote:
Come on guys, watch the replay. Have a look at the bloke with tunnel vision who just blindly kicked it to McGovern. Yep Adam Treloar. If he looks inside you would have seen (as did DeGoey), WHE in the clear. Handpass to WHE and easy kick over the top to DeGoey for the goal. Treloar cost us with that kick. It was a typical hack kick moment from him.

THIS!

I have not watched the replay but its what I remember. Should of been a forward handball and an easy chip kick to DeGoey in the goal square for the sealer!
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!
Rd10.1998_11.1#36

mattdally wrote:Come on guys, watch the replay. Have a look at the bloke with tunnel vision who just blindly kicked it to McGovern. Yep Adam Treloar. If he looks inside you would have seen (as did DeGoey), WHE in the clear. Handpass to WHE and easy kick over the top to DeGoey for the goal. Treloar cost us with that kick. It was a typical hack kick moment from him.
WHE was right next to Treloar when he kicked it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzWff3qqcFc

Exactly 2:00:00 in, if anyone can bear to watch it again
MickMCG34 wrote:Rd101998
My “enduring memory of DeGoey” has zero to do with the rest of the match.
Other than the result.
I was just pointing out it wasn't the second-last play of the game
Last edited by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 on Wed May 05, 2021 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36

Re: De Goey all hype and little substance

Seymour Butts wrote:Degoey is a mercenary... Collingwood should have cut him loose before his current contract was thrashed out. That way we could have got one, perhaps even two first round draft picks... who in their right mind is going to put that sort of trade on the table now?
Who in their right mind would have done it anyway when he has a court date hanging over his head?

He shopped himself around before re-signing with us. No takers
Last edited by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 on Tue May 11, 2021 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.