Post Match. Swans smash Pies. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

The_Staunton wrote:Good to see how much a loss hurts them as they laugh and joke after the game

Inspiring stuff

Setting that aside, worst Collingwood team I've seen in my life....

It's hopeless right now, absolutely hopeless
Yeah, I said as much after the GCS loss at MCG.
Dump the numpty monday, and have Chocko Williams caretake for 2021
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Collingwood will NEVER win a game while we have the 2 Browns and Thomas in the same side. We go 3 players down. Tyler Brown’s “Effort” today was pathetic and his brother is quite simply the worst player in the comp. At least Beverige can see a father son potato when they come along, not continually play them. I just shake my head every Thursday when I see J Thomas in the team.
Last edited by mudlark on Sat May 15, 2021 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Staunton

Post by The_Staunton »

What'sinaname wrote:
The_Staunton wrote:Good to see how much a loss hurts them as they laugh and joke after the game

Inspiring stuff

It's because this is just a job. Half of our team didn't even grow up playing AFL. We're full of players who played Irish football or basketball.
We were just saying, I've seen bad Collingwood teams, but there was usually a player or two that were "ours", that we wanted to go and support, that gave everything

There's none of that now....it's just totally hopeless
We just got nutted at the clearances...
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Well, on the plus side, WHE finally played a half decent game, like the look of Poulter, he reminds me of a young Craig Starcevich.

Other than that, same old shiizen...how many times have we seen games turn into a dour defensive battle where we can't kick any goals over the last 2 years? Too many
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

PyreneesPie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:Piss weak. Grundy played a great quarter then did yoga for beginners trying to find his inner self; he had his head up his arse.
As mentioned in the game thread, Gundy seems to have lost a lot of the stamina he had back in 2018. He just can't seem to get around and across the ground like he used to.
Cameron tried hard to hard to take up the slack, but he tired too.
I reckon we need another big man in there, to share the load. I wonder who might qualify for that? :wink:
Grundy actually looks about 15 kilos too heavy!
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:Well that was fairly predictable, went exactly how I said it would except we did 1 goal better.

Look to be honest I don't know what the club should do as of right this minute but they should make a call towards the clubs future position and be done with it. If Nathan mean's what he says, he'll play youth and steady the ship till the end of the year for the next Captain of the ship to step in and take his place.
This would probably be the best move I reckon Wolf.
Perhaps the club just needs a little more time to suss out who the next captain of the ship could be.
The_Staunton

Post by The_Staunton »

shawthing wrote:

Inspiring stuff

I've said it before but Tony Shaw's 1999 team would beat the pants off this squad.
They would, they would only need to kick about 8 goals and they would be home.....
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

Predictable game, the club needs to make a call immediately.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
The_Staunton

Post by The_Staunton »

piedys wrote:

Inspiring stuff

He said he'd do whats right for Collingwood, and everyone can see what that is.....
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Replace Oliver with Cox and what do you lose? And you might actually kick a few goals
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

mudlark wrote:Collingwood will NEVER win a game while we have the 2 Browns and Thomas in the same side. We go 3 players down. Tyler Brown’s “Effort” today was pathetic and his brother is quite simply the worst player in the comp. At least Beverige can see a father son potato when they come along, not continually play them. I just shake my head every Thursday when I see J Thomas in the team.
The players mentioned aren't contributing much, that's for sure.
Who would you suggest comes in for them?
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

PyreneesPie wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:Well that was fairly predictable, went exactly how I said it would except we did 1 goal better.

Look to be honest I don't know what the club should do as of right this minute but they should make a call towards the clubs future position and be done with it. If Nathan mean's what he says, he'll play youth and steady the ship till the end of the year for the next Captain of the ship to step in and take his place.
This would probably be the best move I reckon Wolf.
Perhaps the club just needs a little more time to suss out who the next captain of the ship could be.

My answer is in the Buckley thread. If not Clarkson we need to seriously start looking at who actually will fit our 'needs' at least medium long term.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

One goal 10 after quarter time?Just unacceptable.I think it’s time the club made a call on Buckley.This can’t go on forever.But the list is so bad as well,so many holes,so many players who just aren’t up to it.Time for Hine to go as well.
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

The_Staunton wrote:
piedys wrote:

Inspiring stuff

He said he'd do whats right for Collingwood, and everyone can see what that is.....
Not defending Bucks, but don't know how this can be said with absolute conviction by people who are just observers and not within the four walls of the club. G Wright in particular is probably the only who is across the options of how to go forward.
Donny
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Donny »

Collingwood 5.12.42
Sydney 10.12.72

Goals: De Goey 2,H-E, Cameron, McCreery 1,

Disposals: Maynard 29, Daics 28, Sidey 25, H-E, Crisp, Pendles 23, Mayne 24, Grundy 17, Poulter, De Goey 15, Moore 17, Noble 14, IQ 12, Checkers 11, Tyler 9, JT, Callum, Cameron 11, McCreery 9

Tackles: Crisp 8, Sidey 6.

D/E: Mayne 87.5 %, Crisp 82.6

AF Points: H-E 113, Mayne 97, Crisp 95, Sidey 93, Maynard 89, Daics 87, Grundy 83, Pendles 80.
Last edited by Donny on Sat May 15, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D