Post Match. Swans smash Pies. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:OK, I get it, most here blame Bucks. That's fair enough. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I simply think we don't have enough good players.
Exactly right and all under whose watch? I mean how many decades do you give a guy to rebuild a premiership winning list RB?
this, blind Freddy should be able to see it
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

RudeBoy wrote:OK, I get it, most here blame Bucks. That's fair enough. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I simply think we don't have enough good players.
Exactly right and all under whose watch? I mean how many decades do you give a guy to rebuild a premiership winning list RB?
In reality the main person responsible for player recruitment was Ned Guy. Like you said, Ned too had years to replenish the list. He failed miserably.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Magpietothemax wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote: no, that is just evasion. The answer to that question is obvious now, we dont have to wait for 2 years to see it.
I think Adam Treloar is a perfect metaphor for the impact of Bux on the development of our players. Adz was Bux' darling when he came to the club. Throughout his time with us, he was played in the wrong position, but gave everything and often produced brilliance despite not being utilised in the right way by the coach. Finally, when the salary cap catastrophe burst into the open, the coach turned on his darling viciously and spread lies about him in order to force him out.
Now that Adz is being played where he should be played, and is free from the influence of Bux, he is an elite AFL player.
That is a harsh, but clear example, of why it is imperative for us to remove him as soon as possible. The end of the year is too long, in my view.
Ah, here we have the real underpinning of your views. You want retribution for your own disappointments, which may or may not be the best thing for the way forward.
I think you misunderstood the point I am making. The Treloar saga is illustrative of the kinds of rapport that we can expect Buckley establishes with the team. It is one very important facet of the incompetent nature of his coaching. Player relationships is one facet, upon which developing players is utterly dependent. But there are other facets as well: the ability to play players in the positions most suited to their talents is another, ability to harness players' full potential with an effective game plan is another, ability to make effective tactical changes during games is another. On all these counts, Bux fails. Retribution for my disappointment? Hardly. I want another coach because there is no way that what we have now is the way forward.
Yep, I also can’t believe a solution could not be found for Stevos behaviour
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

think positive wrote:
this, blind Freddy should be able to see it
He was too busy umpiring
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
think positive

Post by think positive »

masoncox wrote:For those who defend Bux consider this.
We were thrashed in the midfield during the second and third quarters
We allowed the Swans to have a sweeper at half back.
It took Bux until 3 quarter time to fix these 2 glaring issues.
1. By manning up
2. Putting JDG into the midfield.
Too late.
We have the worst and I mean the worst forward line that I have seen.
We have Cox sitting in the Vfl so at least they have to have 2 defenders on him when the ball is in the air.
Grundy is no. 1 For hit outs and I think no. 17 For clearances around the stoppages.
It is so demoralizing to watch Callum Brown trying to kick over a hay bale.
Fancy having multiple misses of 15 m kicks and handballs to players very near them.
The skill level is appalling.
Henry looks a dud to me.
I look at Keane.....I reckon he could become a very good player.
But he seems like a rabbit in headlights.
Trying to please his coach by stopping within the set structures.
Bix... let him go....telling him to go for it
Let him loose for God's sake.
And for my sake I hope Bux leaves ASAP.
I too am pissed Cox is not playing.

Rudeboy, when you consider the points 1 and 2 above, how can you defend Buckley here? They are 100% coaching decisions. Everyweek me and fifty others are screaming man the **** up! But nope.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

The_Staunton wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote: Exactly.
If we don't remove Bux and his mates asap they will destroy our young players as well.
I agree with the poster who commented that Keane looks like he could be a player, but not while he is strangled by Bux's suffocating and superdefensive structures.
I liked the way Tom Wilson moved and went crashing in, but I fear for his development as well while Bux is the coach.
Many are saying: "At least Bux is playing the kids". But I am very worried while Bux is the one coaching these kids.
I agree with you Jezza on another comment you made. It is just mindboggling, and extremely disappointing, that we are so reluctant to get rid of a coach who clearly cannot cut it.
Again pure speculation from a biased viewpoint.!! You don't KNOW this! Nor will you know whether the coach next season is developing the young ones properly. Why? Because the evidence takes TIME to be delivered.
Another 10 years then will help you make up your mind? How much time you want to give him!

Oh my lord.....
I will repeat. I am not advocating that Bucks be retained!!! You are reading into my words what is not there!!!! :roll: Look at a the posts I've made around this, if you can be bothered, which I am fairly sure you won't be. Don't assign me to a view I don't have!!!

I am just attempting to make a few realize that the solution is NOT simple. That all this continual whinging and hysterically calling for Bucks to be removed immediately demonstrates a fairly naive, narrow minded view of what a rebuild entails, but I guess you're entitled to vent your disappointments in that way. Just don't expect me to agree with them. Want another Ray Shaw episode do you? Gee, that would be helpful - not.

I couldn't actually give a rats arse who the coach next season is BTW, because it could well take several coaches to get us back on top .
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

think positive wrote:
masoncox wrote:For those who defend Bux consider this.
We were thrashed in the midfield during the second and third quarters
We allowed the Swans to have a sweeper at half back.
It took Bux until 3 quarter time to fix these 2 glaring issues.
1. By manning up
2. Putting JDG into the midfield.
Too late.
We have the worst and I mean the worst forward line that I have seen.
We have Cox sitting in the Vfl so at least they have to have 2 defenders on him when the ball is in the air.
Grundy is no. 1 For hit outs and I think no. 17 For clearances around the stoppages.
It is so demoralizing to watch Callum Brown trying to kick over a hay bale.
Fancy having multiple misses of 15 m kicks and handballs to players very near them.
The skill level is appalling.
Henry looks a dud to me.
I look at Keane.....I reckon he could become a very good player.
But he seems like a rabbit in headlights.
Trying to please his coach by stopping within the set structures.
Bix... let him go....telling him to go for it
Let him loose for God's sake.
And for my sake I hope Bux leaves ASAP.
I too am pissed Cox is not playing.

Rudeboy, when you consider the points 1 and 2 above, how can you defend Buckley here? They are 100% coaching decisions. Everyweek me and fifty others are screaming man the **** up! But nope.
I do the same re the manning up TP, but again, it only takes a few players who are incapable of keeping up and the whole situation falls down. :(
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Haff wrote:Don’t want to start a new thread but I came to a realisation today. Buckley has, amongst many other things, cost Pendles a brownlow. How many times has Pendles been in the perfect position, takes a mark and then.... holds up the ball or kicks sideways? Why? He’s coached that way and there is no structure up the field because our game plan is so deficient it’s like Buckley hates scoring. You never saw Ablett do that, sure he got lots of possessions out the back but he was just so damaging like all the best players. If Pendles had a competent coach for the last 10 years, He would be in the absolute upper echelon of players. Now? Sure he’s always in the conversation in the best players in the game but not mentioned with the top midfields of all time. Putting that squarely on the square jaw of Buckley. Our kids have no chance.
Well perhaps ask Pendles about this? He's currently defending the coaching. His tune may change, but that's what it is at present.
think positive

Post by think positive »

PyreneesPie wrote:
Haff wrote:Don’t want to start a new thread but I came to a realisation today. Buckley has, amongst many other things, cost Pendles a brownlow. How many times has Pendles been in the perfect position, takes a mark and then.... holds up the ball or kicks sideways? Why? He’s coached that way and there is no structure up the field because our game plan is so deficient it’s like Buckley hates scoring. You never saw Ablett do that, sure he got lots of possessions out the back but he was just so damaging like all the best players. If Pendles had a competent coach for the last 10 years, He would be in the absolute upper echelon of players. Now? Sure he’s always in the conversation in the best players in the game but not mentioned with the top midfields of all time. Putting that squarely on the square jaw of Buckley. Our kids have no chance.
Well perhaps ask Pendles about this? He's currently defending the coaching. His tune may change, but that's what it is at present.
He’s the captain of course he is, let’s see what he says next year
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I reckon he cost Thomas the Coleman too
The_Staunton

Post by The_Staunton »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:Presser.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/613665/ful ... Conference
Just got nutted at the clearances?
We just got nutted at the clearances...
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

I’m watching the VFL on Kayo right now and it makes for depressing viewing.Just like the seniors there is no one there who can take a mark on the forward line.Why does this club never recruit key forwards?It’s just crazy,
think positive

Post by think positive »

no subtitles, did anyone ask if he’s thinking of walking, what was his excuses?
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

The_Staunton wrote:

Just got nutted at the clearances?
Pretty tame presser considering we're 2-7.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!