Post Match. Swans smash Pies. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

Love how the same people that say "we need to get some new kids in the draft" also say a few good players injured shouldn't be the cause of the loss...

Make up your minds lol
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

I think JDG has a lot to answer for being snapped touching IQ before the match...

This team is warped in more ways than one, shit ass culture!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

ANNODAM wrote:I think JDG has a lot to answer for being snapped touching IQ before the match...

Just like Richmond,hey?It doesn’t stop them from winning premierships though,
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

ANNODAM wrote:I think JDG has a lot to answer for being snapped touching IQ before the match...

De Goey is nothing more then an Idiot
I am Da Man
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

Was Graham Write in the box today?
no second chances
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Just be careful what you wish for! :)

I think maybe many are trying to avoid the pain of this season by making hysterical, knee jerk, narrow minded calls to change the coaching situation now, right now!! . There is absolutely no guarantees that this will help, or it could even make things worse in the intermediate and long run.

I wish it were otherwise, but the sadness and disillusionment can't be avoided. Obviously, some are struggling to see beyond it and looking for quick fixes, but here's the situation...... Collingwood has been through it before, as has every other team in the competition. We may think we should be entitled to be immune, but sadly, we are not.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

PyreneesPie wrote:Just be careful what you wish for! :)

I think maybe many are trying to avoid the pain of this season by making hysterical, knee jerk, narrow minded calls to change the coaching situation now, right now!! . There is absolutely no guarantees that this will help, or it could even make things worse in the intermediate and long run.

I wish it were otherwise, but the sadness and disillusionment can't be avoided. Obviously, some are struggling to see beyond it and looking for quick fixes, but here's the situation...... Collingwood has been through it before, as has every other team in the competition. We may think we should be entitled to be immune, but sadly, we are not.

Yeah and being too Collingwood has hardly worked
I am Da Man
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by stoliboy »

I was at the game. Things I noticed from the game.

I would love to know what happened after quarter time. In the second and third quarter:
- we couldn't take a mark inside forward 50m
- the Swans had a stack on intercept marks (some uncontested) inside forward 50m <-- very frustrating to watch

Also at the stoppages in forward 50m in the 3rd quarter it was frustrating to watch Josh Thomas and DeGoey with their backs to the ball when there was a throw in. It meant there were flat footed and well out of position to make an impact on the stoppage (sometimes still walking in the opposite direction to the ball). Prime DeGoey would be a preditor during those situations sharking a goal.

Josh Daicos over handballed the ball a bit today. Seemed wasted out on the wing.

Maynard did pretty well to keep Buddy quiet. Once of Nuddy's goals came from a holding free kick which was 50/50.

We also didn't have a lot of luck with the umpires.

That being said how do we kick 1 goal 10 behinds in 3 quarters of football on the smallest ground in the competition. One kick out of the centre and the ball is deep in the forward 50m!!!
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

woodys_world69 wrote:Love how the same people that say "we need to get some new kids in the draft" also say a few good players injured shouldn't be the cause of the loss...

Make up your minds lol
Valid point woody!! Wisful, useless thinking I know, but I couldn't help imagining Tay, Howie, Roughie and Billy out there today! Geez, even Sier might have helped. Who knows. Not an excuse. It is as it is.
Ioannina

Post by Ioannina »

Bucks this year will win his first premiership in his playing and coaching career....THE mighty Wooden SPOON
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Dave The Man wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:Just be careful what you wish for! :)

Yeah and being too Collingwood has hardly worked
You know about the latter Dave?? I bet you'll be suddenly all Collingwood when the good times roll around again :lol:
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Ioannina wrote:Bucks this year will win his first premiership in his playing and coaching career....THE mighty Wooden SPOON
Hope that will satisfy your discontent and anger :)
Pep

Post by Pep »

The main problem is the list, not enough mature bodies out there, plus we seriously need to recruit players who can kick and hand ball properly.

We need to do hours and hours of this on the training track, we let ourselves down more than anything.

Oh and we need to find a way to get free going forward like the swans did!
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

. Um touching? What did he do?!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

PyreneesPie wrote:
think positive wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote: Well perhaps ask Pendles about this? He's currently defending the coaching. His tune may change, but that's what it is at present.
He’s the captain of course he is, let’s see what he says next year
FFS, I did say at present!!!!!
Testy! I know you said at present and I’m saying that may be why!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!